Post-match: Mexico 3-US 0 9.6.19

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by manfromgallifrey91, Sep 6, 2019.

1. neems

neems Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Apr 14, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #126 neems, Sep 7, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
    I'd feel real good to be Ream or anyone player that actually plays in a league that matters.

I'd love to see an analysis of this match with the intensity I regularly see when shit talking Ream. Trash begs trash.

I bolded that for you.

#badatinterntet

At some point playing in competitive leagues mattered, but this is BigSoccer/Reddit culture.

CU soccer repped this.
  2. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

NOOO. BECAUSE OTHER PLAYERS PLAY BAD PLAYING BAD ZARDES AND BAD TRAPP MEANS GOOD.

3. USA-Zebuel

USA-Zebuel Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    Ouch! If this is true we are right F&@$d

4. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #129 Jazzy Altidore, Sep 7, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
    Gregg B is good coach. He coach second division Swedish team and first division Ohio team! And his brother has marketing degree! GOOD COACH.

5. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    It's interesting that Cannon has been the one consistent performer in the team, given 3G didn't want him initially.

TCS35 and FeedhimtothepigsArold repped this.
  6. dlokteff

dlokteff Member+

Jan 22, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    But then Bad Zimmerman cancels that out. but maybe GGG says that's exactly what he want. It's all good.

Jazzy Altidore repped this.
  7. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL triggered

8. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NOOO. BECAUSE OTHER PLAYERS PLAY BAD PLAYING BAD ZARDES AND BAD TRAPP MEANS GOOD.

9. grandinquisitor28

Feb 11, 2002
    Nevada
    Stefan's fine. Just look at his play in Germany. He's square peg round holing him. Stefan's game isn't distribution, let the distribution ---- go, it aint remotely worth the risk when he's giving up multiple goals in just three months doing this, when I haven't seen another keeper do it once the previous decade. The distribution he wants isn't remotely worth the risk in any universe. You've got a young keeper with loads of potential and an absurdly good shot stopping game. Lean on what gives him confidence, and drop the b.s. backpassing stupidity/brazilian keeper b.s. It's all risk, zero pay off. Maybe you can get back to it when Steffen's got 3 or 4 years worth of work done on it in the Bundesliga, right now, he sure as hell isn't ready to handle this AND taking over the starting gig, and since when is passing, the end all be all of goal keeping. It's expletive absurd. Yes I love Howard's hockey assist against Algeria, but I'd much prefer keepers turning in performances like his against Belgium's, Keller's against Italy, and Brazil or Friedel's in the '02 Cup, that's what makes or breaks teams, to a nice handle on a back pass, or an incisive little ball to a winger.

gunnerfan7, ZipSix, SteelyTom and 6 others repped this.
  10. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL triggered

11. neems

neems Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Apr 14, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll trigger you! If you are taking volunteers.

12. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You simply don’t understand that the criticism is playing two players who obviously can’t hang in the first place who just so happened to play on the first division Ohio team which had zero expectations to win in MLS.

btlove and Marius Tresor repped this.
  13. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your public mental breakdowns make for an odd spectacle.

Why exactly do you think it is wrong to criticize starting Zardes and Trapp, which obviously didn’t work out?

15. grandinquisitor28

Feb 11, 2002
    Nevada
    As I mentioned in the other thread, if our media weren't a bunch of mealy mouthed wusses, maybe somebody pipes back up with a, "What did you think of Hugh Dallas' narrative back in '02?" Or that joker's narrative about your third arm in the 2000 semifinal round qualifying? Was that narrative convincing? How about an honest narrative jackass, wanna try that out, or are you going to try to attack the soft as cashmere American Soccer media as if we're something more than 1/100th as brutal as the British or German soccer media?"

16. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It’s all good man. After we sleep walk against Uruguay we can beat Cubans about to defect for food stamps. Then @superdave can post a couple memes and can go back to the economic philosophizing of a second year city college student.

Marius Tresor repped this.
  18. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    I’m careening towards a dangerous yet delicious apathy.

gunnerfan7, Eighteen Alpha, Burr and 2 others repped this.
  19. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guys, we are being a little harsh on Gregg here. He has the big accomplishment of not getting fired by the Colombus Crew. We should respect that.

20. zlatan_but_a_car

Botswana Meat Commission FC
    United States
    Oct 16, 2017
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019...owing-usmnt-friendly-loss-gold-cup-final-loss

21. grandinquisitor28

Feb 11, 2002
    Nevada
    Lol, I'm checked out now. Egg's got me pining for Tab Ramos' favorites game. Sure he might have made some catastrophically stupid choices from time to time with the 23, and with Starting XI's that were single handedly responsible for getting us knocked out in the quarterfinals, but he made the --- damn quarterfinals, not once, not twice, but thrice, w/players that Egg thinks aren't as good as the losers that got ----- slapped by Jamaica, and Venezuela AT HOME, and could barely beat Curacao's bar tender team AT HOME (while getting outplayed). It's just comically bad at this point. Honestly, I want the kids the ---- away from this stank --- soccer. Don't want them tarnished. All our kids, whether big club starters, or youth teamers, reject the freaking call ups until this idiot is s canned.

We need banners at games demanding all players pull a "Full Nagbe" until the clown car running the fed, and the senior team is set on fire and pushed off a cliff into the freaking sea.

Deadtigers, jnielsen, gunnerfan7 and 8 others repped this.
  22. Black Tide

Black Tide Member+

Mar 8, 2007
    the 8th Dimension
    I will say in all fairness the team looked pretty good dispite starting two orange traffic cones. Only the craftest of managers will start a team two men down.

23. Lance90

Lance90 Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    This goes to the heart of the matter. System or no system you still have to identify the talent to fit it and maximize its potential within a team setting. GB was supposed to be a “sum better than the parts” coach. Instead we get a romantic who thinks his system will turn any 11 players into Man City. I mean ...

What’s the point of getting rid of Bradley and Altidore if you’re going to replace them with Will Crapp and Useless Zardes?

What’s the point of playing a midfield 3 with no creativity whatsoever?

Is anyone in that starting 11 an above average passer of the ball? (Even Pulisic is avg at best in that regard)

... whatever one thinks of him, say goodbye to Dest. He’d be crazy to commit to the US next month.

Marius Tresor repped this.
  24. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’ll say Morales showed the fight that’s been missing since Jones and Dempsey left the team. If he isn’t back next round it’s a damn shame.

25. dlokteff

dlokteff Member+

Jan 22, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    USMNT, "Full Nagbe". Beats the current slogans. LOL