Mexicanos al extranjero - IV

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by sidspaceman, Jun 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terrible15

terrible15 Big Soccer Hall of Fame

Jan 16, 2006
    long beach, ca

2. El Kapitan

El Kapitan New Member

Aug 28, 2005
    I wonder if is Arias, six months a go they said that Valencia asked for him. In the other hand Araujo has caught the attention of several eurpean clubs, but he has refused to leave Mexico because he wants to go to college, maybe now that he graduated from the mexican equivalent to high school he changed his mind. And Esparza is pretty good too, he had a god U-17 tournament like the rest of the team and a good liguilla recently.

My personal guess is Esparza, but any of them are good enough to go.

3. PasionPorElTri

PasionPorElTri New Member

Jun 27, 2005
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That is great and all, I too want them to do well, But.... i was just getting used to pato n esparza making an extreme dupla on chivas this season... bueno nimodo a apoyarlos, y ojala y se de el pase =D

4. PasionPorElTri

PasionPorElTri New Member

Jun 27, 2005
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

It probably is arias, and if it is, watch out memo. cuz te pueden tumbar el puesto

5. el mero mero

el mero mero New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Santa Úrsula
    It's a flawed statement to say that Salcido's transfer doesn't fit PSV's traditional philosophy of going after the youth internationals or the Dutch aging veteran? Or that playing 10 games (4 games against World Class teams) in the CL is the best situation for his progress?

The only thing that I have against the transfer is that he is playing in the weakest of the "big leagues" in Europe. I would prefer him to play in a Getafe or a Mallorca who play against the best teams in the world week in and week out unlike PSV's token appearances in the Champions League. But like I said before, a lot of you hear Champions League and immediately let your indio mentality say because they'll play world class teams only 4 times a year (1 world class team in their group and 1 in the round of 16) in the CL is the best situation for him. On the other hand he can play in a mid level spanish or english team and play against world class opposition all freakin year, not every once in a while.

Don't make my words more than what they are. Salcido could achieve more playing on a mid level team in the best two leagues of the world than be the big fish in a small pond and have a token Champions appearnce because of that.

6. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia

did you watch the u-17?

they're as good as most 17 year olds anywhere.

7. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Didn't PSV make the semifinals of the CL 2 years back and I am sure they made it out of their group last year as well.

8. el mero mero

el mero mero New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Santa Úrsula
    yes they did, and I wont take anything away from that, let me make that clear before any people misinterpret me

9. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia

your flawed logic lied in saying that the dutch wasn't good because a couple teams dominate it.

most leagues are like it.

your flawed logic also lies in saying that playing with getafe he plays with the best week in and week out.

guess what? how many teams are contenders in the spanish league?

there is one barca. one madrid. every once in a while, depor and vlaencia rear their heads.

the competition is better as a whole, but saying that he plays with the best week in and week out is an overstatement.

its all perspective.

your perspective is playing for a mid level team is better.

mine (which you interpret as indio mentality, which is also flawed) is that playing for a feeder team with a "token" CL will get him more exposure than playing for a team who be glad almost qualifying for the uefa cup.

that's after the fact, right? after someone tells you?

no one's misinterpreting you. YOU said it was indio mentality to "settle" for psv.

how is playing for a successful CL team thatr exports players "settling" compared to playing for getafe?

10. Instinkt

Instinkt New Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Tijuana
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    True or False: The Dutch League is a higher quality league than the Mexican League.

At this point, let's take what we can get. This is the European Market dipping its toes in the pool of Mexican talent. We put up a lot of fronts when teams try to come in and buy our players. First of all, THEY'RE TOO DAMN EXPENSIVE.

A prime example:
    - When Javier Aguirre left the MNT for Osasuna in 2002, he tried to take Jesús Arellano with him. Monterrey wanted $5 million. Aguirre scoffed and said "Con eso compro como cuatro brasileños y dos argentinos!" and he was absolutely right. Who did Aguirre end up taking? Vidrio, and only because he coached him at Pachuca. Also, he took Carlos Ochoa, who was a complete nobody at the time and cost him next to nothing.

So once again, I don't see how your bitching and insulting of other members really applies to this situation, because you obviously don't know how the world market interacts (or fails to interact) with our beloved Mexican League.

Salcido a PSV? Great.
    Salcido a PSG? Great.
    Salcido a Hércules de 2da Div. en España. Great.

Whatever it takes to open the floodgates so more Mexicans can emigrate. Salcido, Sánchez, Pardo and Osorio are making small sacrifices, maybe passing up opportunities for more money here in Mexico in order to help others further down the pipeline. Soon, it won't be established 26-30 year old stars going from Mexico to Europe, but it will be promising teenagers... the Guardados, the Velas, the Dos Santos... and they'll have trailblazers like Rafa Márquez and Carlos Salcido to thank.

Doesn't hurt that the U-17's won the World Cup too...

11. el mero mero

el mero mero New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Santa Úrsula
    I listed that list of champions in reply to your comment that there is more to the eredivsie than PSV and Ajax...which there really isn't.

Also, world class teams in Spain

Barca
    Real Madrid
    Valencia
    Sevilla
    Betis
    Villareal
    Atletico
    Celta
    Deportivo

times that by 2= 18 games a year vs very strong opponents

Im not saying its an indio mentality for salcido, him being in europe already says enough, I'm saying for the people in this thread who overlook ithe fact he will play in a 2nd rate league in comparison to playing in spain or england, i dont think playing a few games in the Cl makes up for the competition day in and day out in a top notch league

12. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Back in NJ :(
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Well actually Ajax hasn't done that well for like 2 years now, besides winning the Dutch Cup, Feyenoord on the other hand is doing great, they have a very good team. And with Ajaxs spending power I am sure this year will be as competitive as ever, because AZ also has a decent team. And Real Betis is not a world Class team, if I am not mistaken they just barely finished like 4 points away from relegation.

13. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    wait, isn't this like me saying eredivisie is more then psv and ajax. as in, there are other quality teams in the league?

and you can not be serious thinking there are that many "world class" in any league.

except the champions league

unless world class means any random team that had success at one tiem or another.

it does not make up for it.

no one is saying that.

if people prefer him there for champions league, its the same way you prefer him to play in spain because its spain.

personal opinion on what's beset for him.

i'm all about the exposure.

he'll get a lot more of that on a feeder team and in CL.

14. panda loca 87

panda loca 87 New Member

Jul 12, 2006
    california
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i think it might be esparza that would be leaving chivas. i think if they take any of the chivas campiones del mundo they would benifet from these kids.

15. julio like woah

julio like woah New Member

Jul 6, 2006
    CAL.
    now im guessing it could be arajo.. cause he had a great times while playing the libertadores im not sure if it was agaisnt sao paolos first game or the game before that but el pato araujo had great games in libertadores tambien esparza but its harder to think that he would leave chivas.. it seems like he's a set starter or a set second half sub.. i doubt he would want to give that away...
    im hoping for arias to leave therefor we can have a great bench for goalkeepers.. such ass oswaldo ocoa arias and jesus corona.

oh well well find out about this by friday i hope.. best of luck to all of the mexicans who are going to europe..!! im pretty confident that by the year 2010 we will do a great in the world cup.. or hey who knows we might actually take the copa de oro next year (07) i belive i might be wrong..

and i really want chucho ramires to be the head coach.. this is totally of subject but the guy has ambition and u need that to be a international coach....
    sorry for that of subject comment..

16. El Kapitan

El Kapitan New Member

Aug 28, 2005
    Yes I did watch the cup, but you don't seem to get it, they are not as good as most 17 year olds anywhere.

BECAUSE THEY ARE BETTER, at least in football, THEY ARE WORLD CHAMPS.

Not every 17 year old around is a world champ on anything, even less in football the most followed game in the world.

17. sizal9

sizal9 Member+

Mexico
    Aug 24, 2005
    Mosco.

18. Fabian_7

Fabian_7 New Member

May 19, 2005
    Los Angeles
    I think its Patricio.

19. Mississippi_Chivas

Dec 9, 2005
    Choctaw, MS
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Might be time for a Mexicanos al extranjero sub forum!!
    Maybe soon!!!

20. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia

??

can you explain yourself

¿¿

21. Tifón

Tifón New Member

Jun 30, 2006
    Mexico city

The dominion of PSV , Ajax, and sometimos Feyenoord is very notorious in the Eredivisie, Anyway La Liga, is not that much different, Its Real Madrid Barca and the team of the moment (You name it , Athletic, Atletico, Valencia, Deportivo, Real Sociedad). Just three teams competing for the championship trophy at a time .

Ok, you dont actually think those are world class teams right?

How can you say Feyenoord is not one, and then saying clubs like Betis or Celta are?

I mean, you were trying to probe Spains league is better and more competitive than the one of Holland, something most of the people will agree.

But what a i found wrong, is that you try to say that putting examples of how “great” the spaniard teams are. C’mon the spanish league has two world class teams, Barca and Real Madrid, currently you could argue that Valencia is also on the verge of being a world class team. But nothing more.

Betis a world class team?

Yeah the played in champions league , but failed to even advance in group stage (and im awere they had to comopete with Liverpool and Chelsea , but at the end they failed). And in the spanish league, the were always fighting in the lower spots of the clasification.

Celta? , cmon its a good team but not world class, they ascended to first division last year . Why ? because they got relegeted the season when they were doing great in Champions League , but couldnt manage to do well in the league, couldnt compete in both tournaments.

Same with Villareal, theyre a small team that for the first time made it to the semifinals in champions league, but doubtly they will ever do it again.

Deportivo? let me laugh, they had a great generation with Bebeto, then came Makaay and things went somooth, now they are just one of a lot teams in La Liga.

Sevilla is one team that does the same of PSV and Ajax, buy cheap young lads and then resell it at a good price. Monchi, sports manager, is responsible for doing that , and doing it with succes. Still Sevilla didnt qualify to champions league, being only behind Osasuna (Who surely is not a world class team right? ) .

22. El Kapitan

El Kapitan New Member

Aug 28, 2005
    Sure man,

First things first, terrible15 posted this article:

http://www.mediotiempo.com/noticia.php?id_noticia=22696

Then julio like woah and terrible15 started to speculate which U-17 WC could be the one with an offer to go to Europe.

Then I made my guess:

Then you quoted me and stated:

After that I answered your question and then expressed my opinion about the second line of your message:

I did watch the cup, and I don't believe they are as good as most 17 year olds anywhere, because I believe they are better than most 17 year olds anywhere, at least in football.

I've got the idea now that I didn't catch the real intention on the comment you made when you quoted me, please let me know the intention behind your question and comment.

23. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia

i read it like this

it was my mistake.

i read it like a question

:)

i think i'm crazy.

filling in words like that.

24. DPG0wnz redded

DPG0wnz redded Red Card

Aug 9, 2005
    Houston

Isn't there at least 2 GOOD keepers that could surpass him (Oswaldo) by the time 2010 rolls around?

25. panda loca 87

panda loca 87 New Member

Jul 12, 2006
    california
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    is the oswaldo deal a done deal? or what