Mexicanos al extranjero - IV

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by sidspaceman, Jun 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  2. AMEPUNKANIST

AMEPUNKANIST Member+

Dec 16, 2003
    Club:
    America Propria
  3. El Chivito

El Chivito New Member

Jun 22, 2005
    Califas
  4. El Yucateco

El Yucateco Member

Nov 1, 2005
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Fiorentina, Inter, y Udinese. I wonder why it is that only Guardado is recieving interest from Italy. This source seems a bit more credible since it comes from the Italian press, though I wonder why the mexican press hasn't jumped all over it. Another credible rumor is the Kikin to Sporting Lisboa reported by the Portuguese press (there's a link to the story on the last page of the old thread).

5. terrible15

terrible15 Big Soccer Hall of Fame

Jan 16, 2006
    long beach, ca
  6. El Yucateco

El Yucateco Member

Nov 1, 2005
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  7. el chingon

el chingon Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    que bueno pero ojala ke guardado no valla al inter porke alomejor ni le toca jugar

8. Instinkt

Instinkt New Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Tijuana
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Entonces con más razón que vaya al Inter, para que batalle más y demuestre su calidad para entonces ser tomado en cuenta. Además, si es utilizado poco, va a recalar en otro equipo europeo en préstamo. Los equipos chicos o esos de mediano nivel siempre se pelean por los que descartan o prestan los grandes.

9. sizal9

sizal9 Member+

Mexico
    Aug 24, 2005
    True Dat!

10. mexicano

mexicano New Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Templológico
    you have a good point Pedro....

11. esesam

esesam Member

Dec 15, 2005
    IL
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    i think he should go to fiorentina where he will get some playing time and hopefully earn a spot

12. chapulin

chapulin Member

Feb 27, 2005
    El Estado Dorado
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm pretty sure Pierre Wome is leaving Inter...

he's their left back, so im pretty sure this is why they are interested in Guardado...

hopefully he can become a starter.

edit: fabio grosso is taking wome's spot... that really sucks, but maybe guardado can even take an italian internationals spot... that is, if he even goes to inter...

13. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    right now he's probably better off just going to a small club where he will play. i don't see much of a chance of him going to a big club, especially as a non-e.u. transfer. and those hopes are even less if atlas wants too much for him.

14. mexicano

mexicano New Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Templológico
    le va a venir pasando lo que al loquito garcia....

15. Atlas10

Atlas10 Member+

Jun 18, 2005
    high in the sky!
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Translation:

About Guardado,

Mexico, coolness eliminated in the contest against the Argentine, has demonstrated of being an optimal supermarket for summery expenses. Its products have been appreciate a lot to you also in Italy, a lot is true that Fiorentina, Chievo and Udinese have eyed centrocampista Bravo of 20 years Josè Andres Guardado of the Guadalajara.

16. MalboroDude

MalboroDude Member+

May 31, 2006
    LookingToProperlyIntroduceMyselfToAnIcelandicGirl
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    thanks for the babelfish translation. :p

17. Atlas10

Atlas10 Member+

Jun 18, 2005
    high in the sky!
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    that is what the translation web site came up with:rolleyes:

18. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Not if they get sent down to Seria B because of the bribery scandel.

19. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  20. haro0101

haro0101 New Member

Feb 27, 2004
    tampa bay
    i've been searching the press for some promising transfer rumors, but the english press mentions nothing about any mexican players moving to the premiership. i hope someone can prove me wrong.

although the rumor mill in the spanish, portuguese and italian presses are interesting, i have a strange feeling that there will be more of the same: a lot of hype and no action.

hopefully guardado and some other young guys move. i can see guardado being a world class player if he develops in the right environment.

21. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
  22. Omix

Omix New Member

Jun 26, 2006
    Ocotlan
    Hi,

About Omar Bravo,

I don't think that for having a bad day (Mexico-Portugal), Europe clubs won't be interested on him. They must have been watching him since last year in Copa Libertadores, Chivas, Seleccion Mexicana, to know that is is a good player.

What do you think?

:cool:

23. Necaxista

Necaxista New Member

Oct 23, 2004
    Cuernavaca
    Club:
    Club Necaxa
    Nat'l Team:
    Namibia
    Ya dijo la directiva de chivas que despues del juego contra portugal, ya nadie lo quiere.
    Y con razon eh, jaja.

24. Almanza79

Almanza79 Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Chi-Town
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  25. Goofy

Goofy Member

Jun 10, 2005
    support for oneself.
    I hate to burst the bubble, but...

Today's edition of ESTO has posted a lot of stories about Mexican players possibly going abroad... HOWEVER... (before you click on the link)

http://www.oem.com.mx/esto/futbolmexicano.aspx

At the bottom of the page there's a story titled "El cierre, lunes 17 de julio"
    What does this mean?
    While it would be great if many Mexican players could go play in Europe, the sad truth is that most of these European transfer rumors are basically made-up stories in an attempt to sell national team players at the "Draft de Seleccionados"
    • We know that the alleged interest in Omar Bravo was just some agent asking for his bio and whether he could produce a European ancestor after scoring vs. Iran. That was it.
    •We also know that Sporting de Lisboa is not at all interested in Fonseca. Read the "A Bola" story and you will see he's the one who just said he'd like to play there.
    • Osorio... Werder Bremen already has 2 foreign non-euro defenders. Unless they'd want to pair up Osorio with recent arrival Pierre Wome... I'm really not sure to believe this rumor.
    • Sinha... unless he wants to play 2nd division.
    • And finally, Guardado. Guardado is more believable because at least a couple Italian websites have expressed there's interest from Serie A teams to hire the guy. I just found this in the calciomercato.it website:

http://www.calciomercato.it/dettaglioNewsCategoria.asp?hdnRicerca=&hdnIdCategoria=2&hdnId=3237&numeroPagina=1&NumeroTotaleRecord=3&TotalePagine=1&RecXPage=20

It says:
    [...]In mezzo al campo potrebbero esserci novità anche in entrata. I friulani avrebbero messo gli occhi sul messicano Andres Guardado, 19enne che gioca in patria con la maglia dell'Atlas. C'è da vincere la concorrenza di Chievo e Fiorentina.

translation ensues:
    En medio del campo podría haber novedad de entrada. Los friulanos (Udinese) han puesto los ojos sobre el mexicano Andres guardado, de 19 años que juega en su patria con la malla (camiseta) del Atlas. Esto, de vencer la concurrencia (interés) del Chievo y Fiorentina

In midfield there could be news. The friulani (Udinese) have set their eyes on Mexican Andres Guardado, 19, who plays in his country for Atlas. Chievo and Fiorentina are also interested.