Mexican clubs to Copa Sudamericana...2005 (r)

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by purojogo, Dec 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: Mexican clubs to Copa Sudamericana...

Are you talking about recently or when our Economy was great and argentines left anyways? Maybe you should look at Transfer fees from individual Argentine Clubs as a source of income. I Think when River was the Copa Lib, they made 100 Million USD on transfers...

2. Avi_Aimar

Avi_Aimar New Member

Dec 26, 2002

Like I said not including River or Boca.

3. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I do not know about other clubs but Newell's paid 3 million for Ortega

4. Avi_Aimar

Avi_Aimar New Member

Dec 26, 2002

Mexico has stated various times that they would like to qualify in South America and not in The Football Confederation. Conmebol will no let them.

You have a point when it come to world Champions. To become a world champion in clubs a team needs to participate in the Copa Libertadores. Argentina has been participating in it for years and they can because they are from South America. How many years has Mexico been involved in the Libertadores? How can Mexico have become World Champions without given the chance? Recently, when given the chance Conmebol did everything for this not to happen, in club and country.

In the Copa America of 2001, the Conmebol President stated matter of factly that "Mexico did not belong in the Copa America because they were not from the Americas." Not from the Americas? Recently, against Brasil in this year's Copa America, there were many calls that were seen or ignored by the referee.

But to keep this post on topic, I wouldn't want Mexico in the Copa Sudamerica. It is called the "Copa Sudamericana". It belongs to the South American teams.

5. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Mexico has NEVER EVER stated they want to qualify with us.. Why would they?? They get in for free Right Now.

6. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001

$100 M USD??

River Plate must have some crooked executives in the front office. With 100 M USD and they still owe players back pay? $100 M USD and thier stadium needs improvements or else they run the risk of municipal authorities blocking it?

Saying the style ping pong, or that Mexican clubs dont belong... thats cool. How about this, i dont mind you "thinking" since its your opinions, but dont come across as if your opinions are facts.

Because River didnt make 100 USD during the Copa Libertadores, there arent more than 160 Argentinians players in Mexico, and the ratings for Copa Sudamericana arent great as you say.

7. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands

Still looking, eh?

8. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara

Yes they have.. and if they did get the oportunity that would mean more money. WCQ matches against Argentina and Brazil would rake in a lot of cash. With all due respect if Bolivia can qualify from CONMEBOL and with Venezuela pulling in some upsets why should you be surprised if Mexio qualified from CONMEBOL..

9. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara

Unlike the rest of the Copa Libertadores participants the Mexican league Apertura/Clausura Champions have yet to represent in the tourney. The year that Cruz Azul reached the final against Boca Jrs, they failed to qualify for the MFL liguilla. Next years participants wont included Pumas UNAM which will be playing in the Concacaf Champions Cup. Thus we have yet to send our very best club to the tourney.

10. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand

thats just weird

11. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara

It is not weird.. The MFL can not send their league champions to Copa Libertadores because they have to represent in the Concacaf Champions Cup. If they refused then the MFL would not be granted permission from Concacaf to participate in Copa Libertadores.. As harsh as it may sound most of our league representatives have been midtable teams.. Now to be honest i dont think our champion team would tear open a new one in the CL but they would have a much better chance at winning the tourney..

12. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand

oh ok

i ddint know about the whole concacaf thing

sorta makes sense now

what about your second team do they also have to participate in the concacaf cup?

13. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

the head honcho in concacaf, did not wanted that his minow tournament of area champions be dish out by FMF.... is his decision, not FMF (can not blame the mexies for sending a real champ), so he does not let FMF send the champion to libertadores.

My beef: for the last 3 years they could have send runners up to the mexie title, but instead they do that interliga or pre-pre libertadores. I hear el guille franco also saying that was a total air head NON_SENSE.

question that LMVMC dude is non other that RDL 76? right? he answer with the same anoying ideas that TK did once before.

I wanted to hear the 'ping pong' theory from our friend of the south pole.

14. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001

yes its me

annoying?

but you responded the the following

Care to elaborate

15. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara

The Interliga tourney generates more money for the MFL than the Copa Sudamericana could offer which is one of the reasons why the FMF turned down CONMEBOLS initial invitation to that tourney last year (to play in this years CS) coincidentaly the same year that the Interliga kicked off..

To answer Condors question, i am not sure if the ML runner ups have represented in the Copa Libertadores. All Mexican league teams must qualify through a pre libertadores tourney (Interliga) which allocated them two spots to CL.. The participants are the clubs with the best general recorf over the last two seasons..

Also i ahve yet to hear from the Mexican press that MFL teams will be participating in Copa Sudamericana. I know it was rummored in the radio but this has been the case for a long while now.. Not untill the FMF execs say something about it should we be specualating about future MFL participation..

16. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

elaborate? no way, I can stand to talk to TK!

I had hope tus jefes in the mexican area were rdl free by now.... :eek:

see ya in Houston later on.

17. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001

elaborate? no way,

no need to dig your own hole deeper eh? I am just saying that you should explain yourself further because you wouldnt want to give the impression that you are full of shyt

The ratings trick? You implied the ratings i provided were given by Fox Sports to tick off the Televisa. Did you think i was just saying that so you can believe the Copa Sudamericana has GREAT ratings?

Im still trying to wonder why Fox would try to tick off Televisa when Teleivisa already has rights to Interliga.

Those ratings were presented by Ihe following:

Source: Nielson Media, IBOPE Nacional, TV Azteca and Televisa

http://www.sumworld.com/properties/interliga/index.php?set=0

18. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz

19. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Weak sauce.

20. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001

efern..

hhahahahahaha he gave me negative rep points for calling out his bullshyt... hahahahahaha

21. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

That's really creamy weak sauce.

22. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara

Even if Televisa didnt have the Television rights they would still make money just by owning club America.. They are in a no lose situation..

23. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

it's not fact..Like I said, I don't have anything against the Mexican league. I strongly due believe that Mexico doesn't belong in the Conmebol.. Club or country. And your right, Maybe I'm biased but I can't stand to watch MFL. Just a few River transfer:

Aimar- 13.6 M
    Alymelda -14.6
    Saviola -15.7
    Crespo - 16.5
    Salas - 12 M

Count it that's just five players. 160 is a lot but this is just in the top two leagues, This article is quite old:

Más de 60 futbolistas pamperos juegan en nuestro país.

Notimex. -Buenos Aires.- México es el país donde juega el mayor número de futbolistas Argentinos en el extranjero, con un total de 46 en Primera División y 23 en el ascenso, afirmó hoy el diario Clarín.

Indicó que las ofertas del futbol mexicano "son definitivamente las más tentadoras del mercado americano y que, varias veces, en lo económico supera al europeo".

Con 46 jugadores argentinos en sus equipos de Primera División, México tiene un futbolista más nacido en este país que la Liga española y 22 más que la italiana, pese a que esos países solían ser el destino natural de los deportistas sudamericanos.

"El fenómeno no es nuevo, pero se incrementó notoriamente en los últimos aÑos: desde 1990 hasta el torneo que terminó hace dos meses, 188 argentinos pasaron por la liga mayor de México", precisó la fuente.

Los fenómenos futbolísticos, como el ex delantero de River Plate Andrés D"Alessandro (hoy en el Wolfsburgo de Alemania) o el ex jugador de Independiente Gabriel Milito (del Zaragoza de España), "lógicamente van directo a Europa", apuntó el medio de comunicación.

24. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas

I dont wanna butt in into your conversation, but that article means that there 188 Argentinian players from 1990 to 2004 (dont know exactly how old this article is.) so if you spread that number in 14 years, i doubt you'll come up with 160 players Foreign players you said were in the Mexican league.

25. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Mexican league best in the Americas? What a joke!

Mexico Clubs doesn't need Copa Libertadores? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fact is that Mexican Clubs need and desire to play in Conmebol Cups.All you Mexicans should be thankful to Conmebol for allowing your mediocre clubs in our tournaments.

What drive the Mexican league are the SOUTH AMERICANS not los Mexicanos(players).