Mexican backlash

Discussion in 'MLS: Clubs' started by Pineapplejoe, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pineapplejoe

Pineapplejoe New Member

May 15, 2006
    GA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just want to say that I'm sick of feeling like my own country is being taken over by mexico! The MLS, in order just to make money, is a sell out! What I mean is, look at the Western Division with Chivas USA, Houstan Dynamo, Real Salt Lake. Is there a fake salt lake? and what the hell is a dynamo? and i wouldn't have a problem with chivas in the american league but is there an American team in the Mexican league? no. yeah, maybe hispanics watch more soccer than Americans, but you aren't going to get more Americans interested in soccer, much less a national league, that has a bunch of mexican teams in it. No wonder everyone thinks MLS is a joke. because it is! Long live the New England Revolution!

2. wreckedmachine redded

Aug 15, 2006
    shut up we own you bitch.

3. FakeFlopper

FakeFlopper Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    What! We certainly are not owned by Mexicans, but the other M. Money. And since money is primarily owned by rich white guys, primarily of the Jewish persuation we are in fact owned by Jews. Therefore, no need for the mexican backlash. The MLS sells out because it has to, that's just how it is in this world sadly.

4. wretch

wretch Member

Jun 29, 2006
    Chivas USA doesn't own anybody - they set records for futility last year, and the only thing Vergara accomplished was to piss away a lot of money he could have used on the real Chivas, who now can only stumble along in the Mexican league and hope they make the Liguilla.

5. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    MLS has tried and tried and tried to get the Mexican and Mexican-American communities in the US to care about the league. Nothing works, because access to the Mexican league they love it easy. TV is easy and the teams play games in the US every year. They don't need MLS to get their soccer fix.

MLS needs to keep plugging away at it, though. It's worth the effort.

6. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Um.

Wha???

LA, Dallas and Houston are just 3 teams that rely on the Mexican crowd.

And then there's obviously Chivas USA, which doubles what any other MLS club gets in sponsorship money.

Plus their merchandise is the top-selling in the league.

Plus their presence prolly proved a major factor in the new tv deals.

Plus they are the only team w/ a sizable effect on away attendance in all but a few league markets: NE, DC, C'bus, KC and to a lesser extent, NY.

Well, they do use MLS for their fix of live footie.

Just b/c MLS underperforms doesn't mean that it misses the market completely.

7. jade1mls

jade1mls Member

Jul 9, 2006
    Seattle
    Pure comedy......Dude, go run off and start Maine Minutemen or something.

Vamos United!
    [​IMG]

8. peabrainedidiot

peabrainedidiot New Member

Nov 21, 2005
    wessagussett
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    go to mls net, look up dynamo in the news history, you can find out what the name comes from (BTW, its not hispanic) however the move was to put a team in a masive TV market. RSL may have spanish overtones (BTW, it's continental europe reference, not mexican) and yes chivas is what it is. so you are 1 for 3 and you come across as a bit of racist, and like most racists you are borderline informed about the facts.

sorry to see that you are a Revs fans, we tend to be a bit classier than this, but then again I guess no one has started Klu Klux Klan fc yet?:rolleyes:

9. jade1mls

jade1mls Member

Jul 9, 2006
    Seattle
    Nah but this man called Eleven Bravo wants the Atlanta team to be called the Generals and someone actually suggested a uniform with the confederate flag on it.

10. peabrainedidiot

peabrainedidiot New Member

Nov 21, 2005
    wessagussett
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol!:eek:
    and we'll nickname them the dixie chix in about 2 seconds
    :p

11. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sounds like someone has sand in their Putan, too sensitive. Cry me a river buddy!! What? are you mad cause the cool Mexican kids won't pass you the ball? or cause you suck? Moron

12. jade1mls

jade1mls Member

Jul 9, 2006
    Seattle
    Maybe not but there's a whole league of American Football in Mexico.
    http://www.onefa.org/