Mexican- American Rooting for the USMNT

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Vasquez, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Vasquez

Vasquez New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    OrangeCounty,CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I went over to the Nads forum and they have a thread about, " Being the Only Mexican-Americans supporting USMNT", and i was just wondering what are everyones feelings on this?

2. Dos_santos

Dos_santos Member+

Aug 10, 2006
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  3. sowrong

sowrong Member+

Aug 20, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Honestly, before reading big soccer, I used to root for the US in all results not directly affecting Mexico. But after reading just how illusional, hypocritical and at times racist a large percentage of their following is.. well let's just say I was screaming with joy on 3 occasions last Sunday, and that wouldn't have been the case 2 years ago.
    I really have nothing against the players; Outside of Bradley Jr. who I think is a dirty player, it's just the fan-base that makes me dislike the US national team.

4. El Cabrito

El Cabrito Member

Dec 22, 2002
    Ca
    Very true...

I always felt indiferent towards them... but after I came here and saw how racist some of those fans could be... I decided I didn't like them so now I get a good chuckle whenever they fail.

5. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    you wanna know what i think?

FUCK THE USNT AND THEIR FANS

6. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Wrong forum? I think so..

7. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Candado por favor.

8. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Same here.

Those Mexican nad fans probably also change their names from Juan to John or Esteban to Stevie. Plus, they purposely avoid knowing any Spanish, look to lighten their skin color, and probably say their ethnicity is "Spanish" when asked. Pathetic mother********ers.

9. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia

¿si quieren que?

dejenlos.

you guys worry too much about it.

10. FC Funkotron

FC Funkotron Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Austin, El Paso, New York
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, I'm pathetic because I don't define my culture by a football team.

Insult the USMNT or nads all you want, but don't be ignorant.

11. golpealhigado

golpealhigado New Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Santa Ana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    F@ck the USMNT and their fans!!!! It give's me joy when they lose!!!!

12. Carcacha

Carcacha Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    how the heck does one lighten their skin color? lol

13. Vasquez

Vasquez New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    OrangeCounty,CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Thanks guys for your input on this subject. I have gotten into a couple discussions over this subject with Mexican- Americans USMNT fans over this. How I am wrong to wear The Verde when they play each other and not root for the US when they play everyone else.

Going to a game and if you have some Mexican in you , you get chills when the national anthem is being played and the whole stadium is singing it.

14. golpealhigado

golpealhigado New Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Santa Ana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    There's this attorney at work who is a follower of the USMNT and say's I should go for the US by default since I was born in this country... fack that!!!!

15. Piedraias

Piedraias Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    Califas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    man, FUCK DA NADS.

16. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Attorneys are full of shit.

17. Omar

Omar Hurrrrr....

Nov 23, 2007
    Monterrey MEX
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    hey... show us some love... :D

I say that you should not bite the hand that feeds you, and if you were born, raised and live off the US, follow the nads, if you are like me and love our chicharron tacos, then follow el Tri...

18. TRUEAGGIE

TRUEAGGIE Member

Jan 26, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Please don't categorize every US fan based upon idiotic posts on a website. I believe there are good and bad eggs within any team's fan base in the world.

I know in true rivalries you are supposed to cheer against your rival against all other teams. But I cheer for Mexico against any team other than the US. I like teams in CONCACAF to do well.

19. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    tell him to go fuck himself

20. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Idk, but Michael Jackson sure had it figured out, didn't he?

Hey FC Funkotron, the Tri is part of the definition of your culture. Do you know how important they are to Mexicans from all nations? They are 1st-name, household words like Rafa, Jared, and now Gio, Memo, Nery, etc. In the us, the nads are known as that balding guy from the Nike commercial and that's it. Tim Howard is not a household name. They'll think Richie Cunningham if you say his name. If you say Jozy Altidore, people will say "Isn't she the lead singer of the **********cats?" And so on. They're an afterthought. They only get mentioned on the news until after all the sports scores have been said, including the Sheboygan Bingo Championship. Then the sportscaster will say "And finally, the US team beat some team from the Iberian peninsula the other day. And that's sports, back to you Ron and Carol..."

Let's just put it this way: Say you're out with your little nad fans and then some dude starts a fight with you. Who's more likley to have your back? The nad fans? Or us, your fellow Mexicans? I guarantee you we'd stomp that guy while your nad friends would run home before they chip a nail.

Stick to your heritage, man. It's who you are.

21. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    not in everyone's case.

what you are is what you know.

sure, no se te quita lo mexicano, but for every generation that lives in the states there is a diminished connection to the motherland.

many know they're mexican, yet don't feel very mexican because they didn't a connection to the culture growing up

most first generation immigrants still feel a strong a connection, some don't, and once you get a few generations down, the name is there, the genes are there, but the connection to the heritage probably isn't.

22. radmonkey

radmonkey Member

Oct 27, 2007
    That's a weak argument.........since rooting for the teams isn't mututally exclusive. You can root for the US vs brazil without being a malinchista.

Seriously, I was born in Mexico City and lived there as a kid and I still spent months at a time there. I'll root for Andorra if I feel like it, it doesn't make me less Mexican. Technically, I'm not even an American citizen, just a resident. So I'm actually more Mexican than a lot of kids who are all "Ooooh, I love Mexico except I can barely speak spanglish and never been anywhere except the dusty little rancho/pueblo where my family is from" and that's if they've been to Mexico at all, which actually explains why I don't have some weird complex about proving my Mexican-ness.
    I mean, Mexicans can in all sorts of shapes colors and lifestyles. Some of them *gasp* could care less about futbol and the worshipping of asshole athletes. You guys need to get over yourself.

Learn your history, real Mexicans do whatever the ******** they want and tell everyone to to go ******** themselves. They don't worry about if shit is Mexican enough or not.

Actually, real Americans at the same way. So if you're born in the US and want to cheer Mexico. ********ing do it, land of the free and home of the brave. Hell, you can speak nahuatl/maya/mixteco too if you feel like it.

23. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    no such thing

24. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    thanks for your support....

fack the NADS

25. Rulas

Rulas BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire

Wow... and you are trashing the USMNT fans. I can root for both if I want to and it doesn't make me any less Mexican than you. I'm proud of my heritage and roots, so I feel great wearing la verde. I'm also proud to have been born in the US, a country that has provided me and my family with so many opportunities. My parents had nothing growing up, and thanks to this country they have been able to provide me with everything I need to succeed. And the whole argument about my Mexican friends having my back more than my American friends is just stupid.