Metrostars Vs. San Jose In-match/ Post Match [R]

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Metro_tico, Oct 5, 2003.

1. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL

STeve Jolley !!!!!

2. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    JOLLEY!!!!! WHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suck it Landon.

3. Soccernova78

Soccernova78 Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Beyond The Infinite
    Gooaal!!!!!!!!!!

4. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    There's only 1 Steve Jolley !!!!

There's only 1 Steven Jolley !!

5. DoctorK

DoctorK New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    NorthBank, Riverbend
    Jolley flips!!!!!!!

6. In Bob We Trust

In Bob We Trust New Member

Jan 5, 2003
    jolley beats everyone to a loose ball in front of the goal and blasts it in off a corner...love the gymnastics after the goal...amado 'jumped' after a dangerous play by roner, if he doesnt i think he gets hit pretty bad, but he's milkin it anyways, no foul called...gaven is MOTM, we're 90 seconds into 4 minutes of stoppage

7. In Bob We Trust

Jan 5, 2003
    galvan for amado, im glad to see guevara come off so they dont take anymore shots at him...amado holds up 2 fingers at waibel on his way off the field...

8. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Quakes score phantom 2nd goal of the game.....

9. In Bob We Trust

Jan 5, 2003
    jamil walker with a cute hand over his head to put the ball past jonny...earned himself a cuter yellow card

10. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Metrostars win!
    THEEEEEEEEEEEEE Metrostars win !!!

11. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GAME OVER!
    A pretty damn impressive win for the Metros. I really had my doubts going into this one. But 2 games without Mathis, seems like this team just steps it up. Solid effort, and the backline was fantastic. Quakes got more dangerous in the second half but the Metros held on. Great goal by Guevara and the nail in the coffin by Jolley. Could've been an ugly game, and I thought things were gonna boil over in stoppage. Landon SHOULD'VE gotten sent off but ahh well, he made the cover of FIFA 2003, so I guess it's ok. But still, a fantastic win. YEAH!

12. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Surely the league reveiws Donovan on this one?

He was pretty classless today.

13. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    This was a great result because now we can afford to rest our players vs Dallas in order to have them fresh for the USOC game.

Line Up vs Dallas:

Grafer

Leitch - Forchetti - Addo - Regan

LeBlanc - Galvan - Williams - Lisi

Juskowiak - Nugent

14. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

Clark, Pope, Guevara and Jolley, all putting in a full effort today.

I don't know what Wynalda's talking about, it's like he's never seen a good defensive game before.

15. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I beleive he felt that San Jose never showed up rather than Metros shutting them down....

16. In Bob We Trust

Jan 5, 2003
    the league im sure will turn its head, they can argue it wasnt that hard and it was unintentional...i never really had a problem with donovan, i guess we dont play them enough to watch him, but it'd be really f'ed up if he's gettin this type of treatment game after game

...WE WIN AGAIN, fun doin some pbp with you guys...i thought the combination of playing a tough team in the sandbox, as i call it, and playing so many games in a few days (and possibly being too high after the last win), that we might be in for a let down but it was the exact opposite, i'm not, we could not have asked for more...cant wait to hear what the nathan hales guys discussed

17. How bad was Walker injured by Donovan.

18. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

- MetroStars clinch playoff berth
    - First San Jose loss at Spartan Stadium since July 12th against Colorado
    - First MetroStars victory against San Jose since April 25th, 1998 (I double checked, this isn't a mistake, is it?)
    - First multi-goal winning margin for MetroStars since May 17th against Colorado
    - First MLS assist for Eddie Gaven
    - First MetroStars victory in regulation since September 13th against New England

19. In Bob We Trust

Jan 5, 2003
    interesting comment about resting against dallas...im not sure bob bradley is the type to buy into that sort of thinking, and i dont think its wise to get into that...but its a very hard predicament, seeding is less important in these playoffs with the 2 legs, and the chance of us winning the East is there, but remote...who would you really rest?...possibly pope, there was talk of him coming off during the game, seemed he got a little hurt at some point, but i just dont think the guys on this team would respond well to taking the dallas game lightly...maybe i'm wrong

20. Tuba

Tuba New Member

Mar 8, 2000
    New Yawk
    Some time ago, I had read an article that said an insider within the USSF coaching ranks had predicted that Eddie Gaven would be starting for the USA in Germany 2006. I had never seen him play and thought the comment totally ridiculous.

He would 19+ with approx. 2.5 MLS seasons under his belt. He is a big kid with speed and skill. Maybe this idea is not such a stretch.

21. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not bad. Walker was lying on the field in a fetal position grabbing his stomach. From the replay I saw, seemed like Donovan got his elbow in Walker's stomach. Whether or not Walker was milking it, I don't know, maybe he had the wind knocked out of him. Regardless, I don't understand how Landon didn't see red.

22. In Bob We Trust

Jan 5, 2003
    on walker, i think he's 100% fine, at worst maybe a little soreness in the morning if the shot was harder than it looked...

gaven starting WC2006?...guys have emerged in the middle of WCQ to earn a spot on the team, but i could've sworn gaven was considered a forward when we got him, yet he's been playing attacking center mid for us and very well at that...it would be a shame for our nats if no one stepped into the role reyna played for us...4 years after WC2002, if we dont have some competition in that spot, its just not very good, maybe gaven can be that guy and prove the journalist quite clairvoyant

23. Shabs

Shabs Member

Jun 19, 2002
    NYC
    I think the results have more to do with Gaven in the lineup than Clints absence. Gaven is always looking fwd, and likes to run at people. That makes a big difference in the midfield. I say our best lineup is:

------------------Walker

--------Lietch-----Pope-----Jolley

---------------Lisi------Clark

---------Gaven----------------------Bartho

------------------Guevara

-------------Mathis--------Magee

I don't see how anyone can claim it was unintentional. He stuck his forearm/elbow way out into his gut. He should have seen red right there.

24. ChrisE

ChrisE Member

Jul 1, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Dude, even Dallas would beat this lineup. Grafer in for Walker? Come on.

25. In Bob We Trust

Jan 5, 2003
    i completely agree and said as much prior to saying that, but i have a strong feeling that will be the league's spin on it, you know they do not want to be going after landon