Metrostars Reserve Match Tonight !

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by soccerfan, Nov 8, 2003.

1. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at my daughters game this morning in Roxbury NJ, when i was handed a paper advertising this game tonight at 7:30 pm at Horseshoe Lake Park . For those interested Directions: Rt 80 west, exit 30 turn left on Howard Blvd, make a right to Rt 46 west, make a left at the circle to 10 east, 3 rd traffic light turn right on Eyland Ave, lake on the left can't miss it. Metro mascot will be there, prizes as well.

They play against a select team of english trainers who are here for soccer camps( so i was told).

2. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I thought the Metrostars Blacks were disbanded?

3. Goalkeeps7

Goalkeeps7 Member

Apr 1, 1999
    Soccerfan - I live in Flanders, next town over. I'm gonna go on over. what reserves are we talking about here. MetroBlack has been done with. Just wondering....maybe mathis will be there and i can pretend to get into an arguement with him.

But i'm def in.

And for anyone thinking about going. There's no stadium or anything. In fact, there's not any bleachers. Which really makes this a strange site for a game. It's just youth soccer fields.

If I could see Mike Nugent play though...it'd be worth it.

4. nymetrostars2002

nymetrostars2002 New Member

Jan 11, 2002
    bronx ny
    metro also has a team called metrostars RED....

5. soccerfan

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Field # 1 has some bleachers, not many. The same field host football (football lines yes ) and has concessions if they open for this not sure.

Maybe i'll take some pictures, i said maybe.

6. Richie

Richie Red Card

May 6, 1999
    Brooklyn, NY, United
    if the metrostars reserve team played an A-league team who do you think would win?

7. Sccrlvr27

Sccrlvr27 New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    New Jersey
    The Former Reserve team beat the United Soccer Acadamy Trainers 5 - 1. Go team go.

8. Goalkeeps7

Goalkeeps7 Member

Apr 1, 1999
    What that really a reserve team? I've seen guys in better shape at some local pick-up games.

Not to mention one of the errors the keeper made. He comes out to get a ball almost out of the side of the box, decides he was gonna kick it out of bounds. However, when kicking it with his left foot, he totally misses. And that leads to a empty net shot(which amazingly was missed).

I have a feeling this was a team that happened to get a free t-shirt from the metros...rather than a actual reserve team.

9. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Seems like they did a better job of advertising this match than they did the US Open Cup final.

10. soccerfan

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

actualy not all the players were former metro reserves,
    the goalkeeper had some outstanding saves in the second half, i was on the left side of the field even congratulated him on those saves
    it was very cold even the mascot decided to stay in the dog house, but the metromobil was there selling t-shirt and a metro ball for $ 5, talk about a bargain
    shame that we don't have a reserve team anymore, some of our first team reserves could use real game practice