Metrostars in La Manga Cup in Spain [R]

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Frank Cunha, Feb 24, 2004.

1. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Metrostars in La Manga Cup in Spain [R]

Wonderful! Thats exactly what I was looking for.

Soccerway along with Aftenposten should do fine.

Thanks!

2. cliffkram

cliffkram Member

May 4, 2003
    Brum via NYC
  3. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
  4. Dan R

Dan R New Member

Jun 1, 1997
    Metro
  5. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    " They will now play either San Jose or Viking in the final."
    I do not know about you, but I'd like to beat SJ on the way to the cup, even if it isn't the MLS Cup (yet ;) )....Then again, we'll play them in the regular season....

6. red&black1

red&black1 New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Kearny NJ
    Wow!!! Looks like another good showing from our boys this time vs. a Champions league side. I'm not gonna make much of it but we are still missing Pope and Clark and not to mention our allocations if Bradley ever gets around to it.

7. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    from the kiev site:

Kiev side that lost to Metros:
    Shovkovsky;
    Dmytriulin,
    Golovko,
    Gavranchich,
    Peev;
    Chesnauskis (Sablich),
    Gusin,
    Belkevich (Chernat),
    Gusev (Gioane);
    Cleber (Rincon),
    Verpakovskis (Shastykh)

Kiev side that beat Arsenal in this season's CL league:
    1 Olexandr Shovkovskiy
    6 Yuri Dmytrulin
    3 Sergei Fedorov
    32 Goran Gavrancic
    26 Andriy Nesmachnyi
    8 Valentin Belkevich
    17 Tiberiu Ghioane
    36 Jerko Leko
    20 Oleg Gusev
    11 Georgi Peev
    16 Maksim Shatskikh
    G Sablic for Y Dmytrulin (33)
    D Rincon for O Gusev (64)
    A Khatskevitch for T Ghioane (79)

So 7 of the side that played beat Arsenal lost to the Metros...

8. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've heard of two sport athletes, but that's ridiculous.

9. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Translation of the Dynamo Kiev match tracker (makes for interesting reading!):

On-line Composition Of "dynamo":
    Shovkovskiy, Dmitrulin, Golovko, Gavranchich, Peyev, Chesnauskis, Are goose, Bel'kevich, Gusev, Kleber, verpakovskis Spare: Roar, Sablich, Chernat, Hyoane, Shatskikh, Kornilenko, Diogo Of rinkon

MATCH BEGAN 3 min. - it is dangerous in the winch of "dynamo". After shed into the penal of beaters Tim regan - Shovkovskiy on the spot;
    8 min. - after the pass Of peyeva Gusev left to the impact position in the penal of Americans, but he struck not strongly and goalkeeper took away ball; Thus far equal game, rivals look at each other and ball more greatly is in the center of field.
    16 min. - GOAL! It is goose in its penal careless it managed with the opponent and arbiter appointed to penal'ti. From the "point" without the oversight was opened Amado Of guyevara. DYNAMO - METROSTARZ 0:1
    20 min. - after the pass Of bel'kevicha to a good position left Kleber - ball after the impact of Brazilian flew past winch;
    24 min. - Geven of beaters is meter with the 7th - Shovkovskiy with some incomprehensible means took out ball of the neighbor corner;
    26 min. - the impact Of bel'kevicha is meter with 20- TI it reflected goalkeeper;
    31 min. - goal! The shooting through Of guyevary locked Oushen; DYNAMO - METROSTARZ 0:2
    32 min. - Bel'kevich dangerously beat from the line of penal - scarcely higher winch;
    35 min. REPLACEMENTS - instead of Chesnauskisa left Sablich, instead of Gusev hyoane;
    39 min. - the most real moment in "dynamo" in first time! The shed Of bel'kevicha locked Verpakovskis: ball flew in the centimeters from the rod;
    42 min. - Kleber hung up into penal "Metrostraz", by the head of the beaters Of peyev - past winch;
    INTERRUPTION SECOND TIME In "dynamo" two replacements: instead of Kleber and Verpakovskisa left DIOGO and SHATSKIKH
    47 min. - GOAL!!! Bel'kevich accepted long pass in the penal of Americans, processed ball and granted the right of the zavershchayushchego impact To peyevu - Bulgarian khavbek was meter with 15- TI it were not missed! DYNAMO - METROSTARZ 1:2
    48-55 min. - initiative in Dynamo workers. Kievians more greatly manage ball, for a long time develop combinations on half of the field of rival, but without the moments;
    61 min. - GOAL!!! Defender knocked out ball from the empty gates after impact hyoane. Angular of podal Of bel'kevich and undisguised Gavranchich "shot" kipera Of "metrostarz"! DYNAMO -
    METROSTARZ 2:2 63 min. - Guyevara dangerously opened penal it was meter with 20- TI - ball pleased into the rod;
    65 min. - after the pass Of the diogo Of peyev of beaters it is meter from 12 - next to the rod; 69 min. - REPLACEMENT instead of Bel'kevicha left Chernat
    70 min. however, - florin could drive in by first his contact, but defender knocked out ball from the empty gates;
    72 min. - the dangerous impact Of shatskikh it was goalkeeper;
    73 min. - GOAL! The dangerous counterattack of Americans, shooting through into the penal of Kievians and Sablich cut off ball into their gates; DYNAMO - METROSTARZ 2:3
    76 min. - REMOVAL for the second yellow card is removed the American of Bradley's Maykl;
    81 min. - outstanding chance missed Diogo. Ball after its impact by bottom is meter with 15- TI of the corner it took out goalkeeper;
    86 min. - Chernat will give by angular, Golovko in the high leap was opened - ball flew above the cross-beam; FINAL WHISTLE OF DYNAMO - METROSTARZ 2:3 Dynamo (Kiev)? Metrostarz (USA) 2:3
    Goals: Peyev 47, Gavranchich 61? Guyevara 16, Oushen 31, Sablich 73 (into its gates)
    Dynamo: Shovkovskiy, Dmitrulin, Golovko, Gavranchich, Peyev, Chesnauskis (Sablich 35), Are goose, Bel'kevich (Chernat 69), Gusev (Hyoane 35), Kleber (Diogo Of rinkon 46), Verpakovskis (Shatskikh 46)

----------------------
    Summary...Guevara scored on a penalty. Occean scored the second with help from Guevara. Kiev get 2 back in the second half with the second a goalkeeper error? Kiev scores an own-goal for the Metros win.
    Also, 'lil Bradley (Makyl) was sent off....

10. UxSxAxfooty

UxSxAxfooty Member+

Jan 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he just got himself a new nickname.

11. red&black1

red&black1 New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Kearny NJ
    sounds good to me

12. maverick

maverick New Member

Mar 7, 1999
    San Diego, CA
    Match Report

http://www.mlsnet.com/content/04/met0301lamanga.html

Check out the line-up...

MetroStars Lineup: (4-4-2) GK – Jonny Walker; D – Chris Leitch, Tim Regan, Jeff Parke, Joey DiGiamarino (David Hayes 46); M – Amado Guevara, Michael Bradley, Eddie Gaven, Joselito Vaca; F – Olivier Occean (Mike Nugent 87), John Wolyniec (Gilberto 79)

Who's the D-Mid? :D

Oh, and we held off Kiev down a man for the last 15 minutes. Good stuff all around.

13. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    Re: Match Report

I think Bradley was D-mid.

Seems he has his Roy Keane impression down pat.

14. Lemieux

Lemieux Member

Aug 19, 2000
    Baltimore Federal Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.ukrainiansoccer.net

Here is a great site for Ukrainian soccer in English. Well done. I did not think the metros would do it. I hope you guys win the final

15. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    Thanks for the link.

I am always on the lookout for links in english that I can use to follow these foreign leagues.

Anyone with links to the J-League and K-League in english?

16. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Sounds like this new kid from Que`bec Canada Olivier Occean could be a diamond in the rough. Vaca looks to be in top form and could be the missing piece in a possible strong run to the cups. Can't wait for April 3rd to start the season.

17. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thanks for the link. I'm very happy for the Metros, because it's good for MLS. I'm actually born and raised in NY, so it would be nice to see the Metros win it, but in any event, i hope that it is one of the MLS teams (only San Jose left).

18. strider026

strider026 New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Huh
    Bradleys Card

So can Bradley play in the final? Pretty impressive for the kid going the distance in every game till today.

19. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Bradleys Card

well, i guess that might put to rest the notion that he only got drafted into the league because of his father.

20. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn, I'm impressed. I looked at the Dynamo line-up and that is pretty much their first team that played in the Champions League.

21. Lone Star

Lone Star Member

Aug 21, 1999
    Pizza Hut Park
    Not sure if it helps, but I enjoy this website for J-League info:

http://www.wldcup.com/Asia/jleague/index.html

Seems to be pretty up to date.

Congrats to the MetroStars on the nice win.

22. 79United

79United Member

Apr 10, 2000
    SW DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats fella's!

TS.

23. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    That Oceaan guy seems to be a perfect fit and it seems Vaca is being read well by his fellow team mates.

ARGH!! What am I saying! I am a DC UNited fan, a La Norte member to be exact..... WE hate you guys more then your in-laws.

Because this game is not being played against another MLS team, I wish u guys the best of luck. Its hard to hate a team that also has a player from my home country.... Vaca.

24. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    Thanks

25. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    What's this world coming to when DC United fans are complimenting the Metros? :eek:

Too early to be hitting the panic button, but it would be nice to see Wolyniec finally pull the trigger.

Nice to see Guevara stepping up as a "leader" on a team that lacked one last season. Last year, Guevara's shots either sailed into the 10th row or barely reached the keeper on 5 bounces.