Metrostars after Portugal's Xavier

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by PSsoccer123, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    No one criticises MLS's talent level more than me but even I think this guy is a bad idea.

2. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    Hello Eddie Pope? :)

3. P1brit

P1brit Member

Mar 31, 2005
    Novi, MI
    Club:
    Swindon Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He's the one on the left right?

4. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The purcahse of DC United is a long term investment...they are conserned with one thing only...future value. While Adu is MLS's marketing darling right now and hi-profile his overall effect on franchise value or more importantly the future value of the franchise is negligable at best. Adu's marketability now has nothing to do with the long term value of the team.

Adu has value right now in the very short term (although much less that last year)....the fact you think that is a major fincancial consideration of the investors purchasing the club is laughable. With or without Adu on that roster the price of DC United is the same because Adu has almost nothing to do with the long term value of the team

:caveat: unless Adu's contract was solely owned by DC. Even then the value of the franchise is still only slighly better, if at all, spread out over the long term investment.

No shite face my arguement has always been if Adu WANTS to go AEG and MLS will make it so. Stop confusing me with the idiots you are thinking about!!

5. Olympia

Olympia New Member

Jun 16, 2005
    NY
    Why would we TAKE CHANCE on a player who is alerady known as a wash up?

By the way, I do not and will never consider the league's highest-paid is a Bundesliga REJECT.

6. strider026

strider026 New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Huh
    Tell me this rumour is dead and buried.

7. Pangloss

Pangloss New Member

Nov 3, 2004
    NYC
    Alexei's plans for world domination fall into place - bow before the SUPERCLUB!

8. DJNaco

DJNaco New Member

Jun 23, 1999
    North Florida
    The good folks at Roma don't seem to think he's washed up. Do all of you know something they don't?

9. JonnyFriction

JonnyFriction New Member

Apr 4, 2005
    New York
    I ... I don't know. I have never seen the guy play, so I'm not going to act like I have. He can't be any worse than Agoos who's cripple every other match. If anything, his experience might be able to help the young'uns on defense. This might also give the club the tiniest, itsy bitsy amount of international press Mr. Lalas craves for his SuperClub.

What the hell, bring him in.

10. Olympia

Olympia New Member

Jun 16, 2005
    NY
    I have seen him playing couple of times, so I guess I am allowed to express my personal observation a little further: he is a big guy with unique hair style and he looked very intimidating but his position was very poor, seems to me he was not a smart guy, he was not fast either. He is defenitely not as fast as Leitch, Park, Regan, etc , on the other hand, I have watched every game in Giant, our Agoos may be not as fast as he used to be but he positions himself smartly and has made some difficult, fantastic saves, some people on this board does not give him credit he deserves, IMHO, I prefer Agoos than Pope any time. Agoos experience defenitely will help the young guns in our defense. (By the way, when Pope was with Metro I always felt he was saving his energy for USMNT.)

Of course every one is entitled to have his/her opinion. I am not here to start a debate, I just want to point out a question: what is the added value to the team if Xavier comes to Metro?

11. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    No it wasn't

12. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ
    ye i found that out. did you instantly stop reading the thread after that one post?