Metros pick up Suarez

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by subbuteo, Jun 29, 2005.

1. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, i'm in the "well, he is another body (cheap) that could be useful" camp.... it's not like anyone is about to land in midseason MLS a Rio Ferdinand-type player for the standards of this league.... So i'd say it's a positive (kind of :) )

2. dcufan1984

dcufan1984 Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this can't be a joke. i don't think that any dc fan could even write something this funny.

ryan suarez, welcome to the superclub.

3. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I have to agree great moved by the Metrostars

4. DirtWorshipper

DirtWorshipper New Member

Jun 22, 2005
    Bob looks like he could hold his own in a fight (When Suarez attacks him)--unlike Westerhoff.

Aside fro9m being jerk, how can Lalas and Bradley sign guy who wears such ridiculous helmet/headband during game?

5. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Just look at the team...there's now: Goose, Razov, and Suarez. Who else will they add that most fans don't like?

6. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I just care about winning, don't matter if its a, b, or c,

7. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mr. Tony Meola, please pick up a white courtesy phone. :D

8. Super Metro

Super Metro New Member

Aug 2, 1999
    New York City
    Like someone said, as long as they win.....

We've had too many nice guys and what have they done for us?

9. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    Chivas' loss, Metros' gain as far as I'm concerned. Yeah, Suarez has gotten beat before but he's also kept it tight back there. It's not really any defenders' fault that chivas has given up the most goals BY FAR. It's kinda hard to defend when your midfield is non-existent, you don't have the horses to throw everyone forward and nobody scores goals consistently. Any defender will struggle like that.

And as good as Ezra has been, he's had his share of fvck ups too. The first two goals by Jeff Cunningham from two or three weeks ago come to mind...

I watched Suarez play last year with the Galaxy and this year with Chivas and he's a good defender.

10. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    does he replace Parke or Agoos???? Or mini bradley?

11. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    It's not about picking up nice guys. It's about picking up/developing players and sticking with them. All this team does is develop players and trade them for rival players.

12. regulator

regulator Member

Apr 25, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    my guess would be no one, yet. back 4 are probably gonna be: regan, mendes, parke, leitch (assuming ward is still not healed). i can see suarez coming in for one of the center backs tho as a sub. however, i would prefer them to start him instead of lisi, to see how that works out.

13. Arisrules

Arisrules Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Washington, DC

Well I think the bigger question is this.

If Ward is healthy, can Suarez start over any combination of the trio of Parke, Regan, and Mendes? I doubt it.

I can see the opinion of putting Suarez in the midfield. We need to be more physical, etc. No argument here. The only problem with that, is that Suarez is just too dangerous on the tackle. He could be going for a good strong tackle, but he'll go in too hard, and we're screwed.

Also, losing lets say Lisi's offensive and organizing game is a massive loss. Not sure if Bradley wants to take that risk.

14. wonko389

wonko389 New Member

Oct 11, 2004
    jax, fl
    I think he will probably replace Parke. I think of late our Mr. Irrelevent is looking more irrelevent lately.

15. halfnelson31

halfnelson31 New Member

Jul 23, 2002
    NOVA
    dude w/e u say has no merit at all...how can u have DCU and Metro as the same fav team!?!?!? Honestly if i ever saw u i would have to hit u im srry but its true

16. irishapple21

irishapple21 Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    Great news. Suarez was the passion in Chivas USA and he's going to bring passion to Metro. He will replace Mr. Useless as a Goat's Tits: Jeff Parke, so Parke can practice with the reserves until he learns not to make rookie mistakes in his sophomore year. Here is what I see as the future of this year with a fully healthy squad:

Ward
    Suarez Leitch Agoos (Mendes) Ward
    Gaven Guevara Djorkaeff Bradley
    Razov Ibrahim (Galvan Rey)

17. Mathis is a God

Mathis is a God New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    NJ
    I like this lineup only because anyone is better than Wells in goal, even Tim Ward. Other than that, Parke is going to start whether you like it or not.

18. lurking

lurking Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As an outsider, I think this is a good move. Parke is young and mistake prone, and Agoos is just reached a point where he is a 1v1 liability vs. almost every forward in the league. Id say hes more likely to threaten Agoos, because he can play more of a defensive organizer, something that Mendes and Parke arent experienced enough to do yet.

19. johnnygol

johnnygol New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    Since he is already a metro, why not to try him as MD , Bench mini bradley . I guess any defensive player is better than what we have right now or maybe parke can move up to the middle field and redeem himself. :rolleyes:

20. regulator

regulator Member

Apr 25, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    cuz his dad won't bench him, otherwise ma will come a hollerin'

21. Noah Dahl

Noah Dahl New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Pottersville
    thankn god it wasn't us (that ended up with him.)

22. Jman81

Jman81 New Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Jersey City, NJ
    How can you not be a ny/nj resident and be a metros fan? :rolleyes:

I really don't see why I can't be an ardent fan of both. Hell, half you guys hate suarez now, but as soon as he is in a metro jersey, he is our guy, for better or worse.

Above all, I am a fan of MLS and american soccer, and as long as the league continues to grow and produce better american talent, no matter what the jerseys we wear, we are all brethren.

23. HotAssAlex

HotAssAlex New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Staten Island, NY
    the guy can cross! start him over Leitch

24. Mathis is a God

Mathis is a God New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    NJ
    Yea, I agree with you. I was just about to walk the streets of Boston with my Yankees jersey on and tell them the same thing. While I am at it, I might as well start a peace conference between Devils and Rangers fans.

25. russ bolshevik

russ bolshevik Red Card

Sep 30, 2004
    midnight in moscow
    This is great. Now Agoos can rest & heal up to be ready for important games. This will put Metros in the playoffs. :)