Metros have to junk Galvan

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by metx, Jul 16, 2005.

1. mutinywxgirl

mutinywxgirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 6, 1999
    St. Petersburg, FL
    I first started paying attention to him a bit last year, and I, for one, couldn't understand why everyone was ragging on him all the time. Though he may not have scored, he created chances, and that's a more than most people on the field. He's a very skillful player who needs talent around him to be truly effective, but on his own, he makes things happen. In combination with Djorkaeff and Razov and Guevarra, its powerful. So yeah, let's get rid of a guy who can actually do something out there. Makes total sense to me. :rolleyes:

2. Bring Back Fabian

Bring Back Fabian New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    NJ
    SGR is both negative adn positive. He hustles and bring energy to the team. He's a great passer and seems to be getting moe comfortable. He jsut can't finish though. Could've had 2 goals agaisnt Colorado.

3. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Neither can fvking Youri Djorkaeef but i dont' hear anyone bitching about him..he only has one goal from the run of play all year..and has taken his fair share of chances. Why do we rush to critisize SGR for missing a chance but not Yourri. Does he get a free pass or something.

Why does everyone insist on trying to call out SGR? He's isn't a player i am worried about on this team. Wells, Goose, Youri, Magee, Lisi, and mini Bradley all worry more that one of hardest working players who has scored 4 goals and created many opportunities.

4. I am Joe²

I am Joe² New Member

Jan 10, 2001
    Jersey
    Well said Onionsack, I think Youri is a waste at forward, he's clearly one of the most talented players in the league, but he needs to see the ball more to be more effective. Youri's passing ability is world class, slide him in the attacking mid position right behind SGR and Ante, then you would get the most out of Youri.

5. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Speaking about the effort of the team, after the first 10 to 15 minutes of the match. THEY ALL BECAME CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And that's without Galvan Rey in the starting 11. If you feel he should have been gone after last year, yes I agree with you, but since he has improved and scored four goals so far this year and looked very dangerous I have no problems with him being on the squad now.

6. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Next year drop him or re-negotiate his contract to meet his prduction, maybe 50 to 75K max and utilize him off the bench as Razov and Ibrahim should do well hopefully up top together. There is a place for SGR, however not at max salary type level or for himto be the go-to striker that he is not. Nice midfielder however if utilized there as he does have nice skills and touch.

7. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    I'd rather dump Bradley over Sergio. Bradley has been a much bigger disappointment.