Metros-DCU [R]

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by saabrian, Aug 25, 2002.

1. saabrian

saabrian Member

Mar 25, 2002
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Metros 1-0 DC United

Mathis scored in the last minute of 2nd half stoppage time to give the Metros a fairly undeserved win. They were generally outplayed by DCU. Unfortunately, this puts the Revs back 7 points behind the final playoff spot.

2. George Griffin

George Griffin New Member

Feb 18, 1999
    Prince Edward Island
    Hopes are slim for the playoffs now but it's not over yet. With two games in hand we have a better shot at catching KC than the MUTTS. All we need to do it win the two games we have in hand on KC and we are only one point out.
    As someone else opined, wouldn't it be great if the final playoff slot was within our control on the last day of the season--against the Metro-slime???

3. Popero

Popero Member

Jul 5, 2002
    CT
    HATE THE MUTTS. HATE HATE HATE.

And Mathis, please never ever take your shirt off again. Ever. I'm serious.

4. TheFallen29

TheFallen29 New Member

Nov 25, 2001
    New York City
    Don't hate us 'cause we're beautiful. :)

[QUOTE}And Mathis, please never ever take your shirt off again. Ever. I'm serious. [/QUOTE]

OK, I'm actually with you on this one. However, that was one hell of an important goal for us, so we're prepared to let it slide down here.

Believe it or not, I'd rather see you guys in the playoffs than KC...the simple reason being that they're like watching paint dry, and Twellman is fun to watch.

5. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Other game results haven't been falling our way with much frequency. I figured a tie or DC win (you don't worry about the 9th place team if you need 8th) would be satisfactory results. That combined with the late summer streak by Columbus make the task harder. But, it'll still come down to whether the Revs can pretty much run the table. If they can, I'm sure things will work out in the standings.

6. ManInBlack

ManInBlack New Member

Jul 6, 2001
    VT
    I agree. The target has to be KC now. Not only do we have two games in-hand, the remaining schedule favors us. KC has 2 of 3 at home, but they have to play the Fire, and the Raps in a home-and-home derby to finish up. We have 3 home matches left as well as 3 games against East foes.

We had to go and beat Chicago away--why the hell couldn't we do it at home the week before?--and get my hopes up and get me thinking about all this crap again. Making the playoffs at this stage would just be gravy on an otherwise forgettable season--well, except for TT and Steve R.