Metro vs Le Bumble Bees - pre, during, post game [R]

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by nyrmetros, Aug 25, 2004.

1. sanariot

sanariot Member

Nov 19, 2001
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    These guys were really painful to listen to. Worse than Bretos and Giorgio.

2. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    My least favorite is the guy who does DC games.

"Its in the net!"

"Its in the net!"

"Its in the net!"

Worst.

Signature Call.

Ever.

3. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guevera's sly move almost backfires

Guevera is off to the WCQ for the next 2 games. This gave him a chance to F-Y the ref in the closing minute and just pay a fine. It almost backfired but Oughton missed the sitter. Guevera is so sly and and slick. Where he did learn all that gamesmanship?

4. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well, Dwight Burgess has been to every Crew game ever. Every home and away in MLS, All Cups, and Preseason...

I thought they called it pretty fairly, and gave credit to everything New Jersey did that was good.

5. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Your own announcers are worse, for the rest of us. It's just hard to listen to other teams homers in general. ;)

Can Guevara really be suspended for games he will miss anyway? Strange. I assume suspensions count if you're out injured, so I guess it would over his international duty. :confused:

6. OriginalAEK

OriginalAEK New Member

May 6, 2003
    Syracuse, NY
    OK...here are my 2 cents:

1. Magee and Gaven to me didn't really look that great tonight. Especially Gaven. Never really got involved with anything.
    2. Amado seemed really pissed the WHOLE game. Whats up with that. He must not haven't gotten laid last night or something. Brilliant free kick though.
    3. Those announcers were awful to listen to.
    4. Lucky to get a point with that miss at the end. Wish we would shoot more though ourselves.

7. OriginalAEK

OriginalAEK New Member

May 6, 2003
    Syracuse, NY
    Yea, that guy is freaking awful

8. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    Re: Guevera's sly move almost backfires

FYI:
    The two games he is away will not count towards his one game red card suspension. MLS changed the rules this year so that International duty is not considered part of his suspension.

9. metro24freak

metro24freak New Member

Jul 5, 2004
    philly
    OK I didn't read any of these other posts I'm just gonna say what I have to say and that's it. I thought the first half was kinda boring, I couldn't really get into it until after the first goal, even though I think I was a bit more concentrated on being annoyed at the audio difficulties thing at the bottom of my screen. Only real thing I have to say about the game is that Amado Guevara needs to learn when to stop talking, I'm usually saying that about Mike Magee since it seems to me like he always has a comment for every little thing that goes on sometimes. It looked like Amado was learning when to let things go but apparently not. I was kinda shocked that after his first yellow he dragged the whole thing out for an extra minute, it really wasn't that big of a deal and the second time he just needed to shut up and walk away. But Amado's little outburts were pretty much what'll stick with me from this game. that and all the shots that just didn't go in in the middle of the 2nd half.

10. bobf

bobf Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Maplewood, NJ
    Amado is a dope if he has to miss a game. Seen that act too often with Tab. Magee and Gaven were both useless tonight. Losing posession too often. And Magee's mouth. He isn't that great that he should be complaining about his teammates.

11. strider026

strider026 New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Huh
    Re: Guevera's sly move almost backfires

It did almost cost them the game. They were forutnate to get out with a tie.

The first yellow was dumb. The second was dumber.

12. strider026

strider026 New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Huh
    Magee was fine and made some really nice passes. He may have been a little off due to the games off with the injury.

Gaven was not great. He is seventeen and may be wearing down. Will he get called up for the qualifiers?

13. strider026

strider026 New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Huh
    OK went to the games tonight. I cant judge attendence but it was not that good.

Cornell Glenn can play. He has obvious talent. Will he take advantage of them and become a complete player? He dived every time he lost the ball. I was surprised he did not get a yellow for diving. One time he dived when he was not fouled and if he kept at it could have passed to a wide open Woly. The play were a foul was called and Guevara took the free kick and Woly scored was not a foul. When Woly scored I thought he was pissed that he did not get the goal.

Jeff Parke impressed me. One time he intercepted the ball and turned upfield with Cunny in pursuit. Cunny did not gain an inch on him.

Leitch played very well in all aspects except when he should have shot. The Crew gave him room and he would just dump it off to the corner.

Chad Marshall. Gets used to the idea of him on the mens Nats. He played very well and made it look easy.

The play were Martino was taken down for the penalty. Noone stepped up until he was tripped in the box. You could see the lane open and he kept on going. The Metro just left him open.

It was a shame that Szetela did not come to the Metro FC. This kid will be good and Bradley is the best with youngsters.

14. SteveB

SteveB New Member

Jun 13, 2003
    Nanuet, NY
    Random thoughts from the game:
    1. I love Amado's passion but tonight he needed to chill, that was a stupid second yellow and will haunt us,
    2. Glenn has skill but dives and on at least two occassions visibly, even from twenty rows back, showed his displeasure with his teamates for passes that he didn't get,
    3. Gaven was a non-factor tonight,
    4. Thank you Pablo Brenes, thank you!
    5. If Vaca is seriously hurt our midfield situation for the month of September given international call ups and other injuries will be a mess, and finally last but not least...
    6. What was going on with Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck being on the feild and when will someone comment on Bugs Bunny having even less game than this years Chicago Fire?

15. MetroBen81

MetroBen81 New Member

Jun 6, 2004
    Kearny,NJ
    OK, i was at tonight's game like every other game. Whoever says Magee played well tonight must be on crack. Well does not mean lose the ball and miss 8 out of 10 passes. he gets 1 or 2 passes and everyone thinks he's the best. he's just a pretty boy that gets girls to come out and get tickets to see him. he has played well before, but tonight wasnt a good game for him. whoever disses guevara should be shot, cause he is the best player on the damn field. he can hold the ball,has great dribbling skills, can make those nice passes, and takes some pretty damn good free kicks. for yous idiots knocking on guevara for losing his composure, i bet yous are the same that cherished Mathis for his intensity. i'm looking forward to this team's bright future. what i would do in the offseason is get rid of taylor and galvan rey. look for a solid forward to start along side Cornell and use Woly off the bench. I like Brenes in there. he held the ball and he and guevara did well together. i'm also looking forward to seeing gilberto back. here's my line-up if these guys were ready to go to playoffs

Walker
    Bonseu Pope Parke Leitch
    Brenes gilberto guevara gaven
    Woly/Magee glen

16. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at the game tonight.

Question : it didn't look like Guevara deserved either card - well maybe the second for vociferous dissent - for those with the advantage of replay - what did he do for the first card?

Magee had his worst game in I don't know how long. Gaven was out of it too. WOly got extremely lucky - Busch was comical on the goal - just the look on his face. Brenes was probably the most consistent player on the field.

I though we were just godawful. Our defense couldn't mark anybody - Buddle made Pope his bitch tonight. Our midfield lost every 50-50 ball - coulda really used Clark out there. And our forwards just sucked in front of net (Woly almost blew a simple tap-in for chrissakes.)

We need to go to a 3-5-2 or we need new wingbacks. Leitch and Bonseu were awful going forward tonight. It's killing the Metros and they go nowhere in the playoffs as currently constituted. All a team has to do is clog the middle and cede possesion to the outside from about the 20 yd line back.

17. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When is Gilberto coming back? I thought he was pretty well out for the year.

also - we are missing Guevara, Bonseu, Ziadie, Glen, maybe Gaven, Taylor and Walker. What the hell is our line-up going to be like for the next two games.

Any initial word on Vaca's injury?

18. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at game and for my money we need Gaven and Amado to play in the offensive third and attack or we maynever score except off of a free kick or PK. Gaven needs to play as an attacking mid and Amado should not be our def mid.

Also if Amado is our "Enforcer" as it looked like tonight we are in trouble. Either t Bone , Parke or someone has to step up and play with an attitude other than Geuvarra at some time or he will be carded up the cazoo the rest of the year. If Pope is the Captain then he has to step up at some point and take charge for us.

Brenes looks a little weak but has nice left footed skill. He has to get back on "d" a little better as Leitch covered his butt time and time again. Best overall game by Leitch that I have seen.

19. Cweedchop

Cweedchop Member+

Mar 6, 2000
    Ellicott City, Md
    David Testo came in on a tackle on the sideline that caused both players to fall down.. After they hit the ground, Guevara kicked out at Testo who was in a shall we say vulnerable position.. Guevara was lucky not to get red carded on that play alone.. As the announcers correctly stated, whether you detested them or not, Guevara simply would not leave that incident alone and kept yapping at Testo and the ref.. When he got tackled by Szetela, he did his usual four rolls and then hopped up and started screaming at the ref and didn't stop even after it was clear that the ref had carded Szetela..

Guevara simply wouldn't let the prior incident go and it got to him.. Bad move on his part..

In trying to answer an earlier posters comment about his suspension, I thought I had read somewhere that if a player gets suspended, he couldn't serve that suspension while on international duty as he would have been gone anyway.. I could be wrong about the interperation, but I thought I had overheard that somewhere.. If it indeed does end up that way, it could be a 3 game stretch that you would be without your best player..

Ouch...

20. strider026

strider026 New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Huh
    He deserved both and both were stupid. What game were you watching ?

21. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

Yes MLS did change the rule pertaining to letting a game where you're away on national team duty count towards an MLS suspension.

Now only games where you're available to your MLS team count.

It's that way with an accumulated yellow card points suspension and I assume the rule applies to being red or double yellow carded out of a match.

22. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so he's gone for three games, if not more. ********ing way to keep your temper

(and I didn't see what happened on the first card - I saw him and Testo fighting, them both go down - at this point I was yelling at the ref, I turned back, and Testo was pushing Guevara to the ground. Which is why I asked.)

23. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    Brenes is left footed and Gaven is right footed.

24. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    Woly needs to go back to being super sub.

He disappears for most of the game then capitalises on the brilliance of someone else.

We need Glen and Taylor up top with Galvan Rey in Magees spot as the withdrawn striker.

Brenes on the left Gaven on the right.

We will also need to sit Gaven for about three games towards the end of the season because he is being worn out and has been invisible a lot lately.

He has clearly hit the Rico Clark wall.

25. SteveB

SteveB New Member

Jun 13, 2003
    Nanuet, NY
    As for MetroBen's suggested lineup, with seven games remainingin the regular season Amado will miss three and there is, to the best of my knowledge, any suggestion that Gilberto is coming back anytime this season. There goes half of your midfield for half of the remaining games.