Metro v. RSL pre & post thread

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by jamison, Jul 2, 2005.

1. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    The nattering nabobs of negativism are too busy being en vogue to bother with a regular preview, so here's the straight news.

MLSNet Preview

Lineups from last games:

Ives Article

BigAppleSoccer: Youri Out, Guevara Suspended

Meola Comes Home to Metro

New Metros Compete in Friday practice
    (Suarez will not start on Monday).

With injuries and suspensions, expect to see a pretty depleted Metro lineup.

If Razov can start, we could be okay:

SGR--Razov
    Lisi--Bradley--Gaven--Magee
    Regan--Parke--Mendes-Leitch

I'm assuming that Agoos will not get the start, based upon his limping in the second half last week.

If Razov can't go, we're in for some trouble. Either we start a forward that we've not seen before (Bailey), only start one forward (SGR) and a 5 man midfield, or we go with Magee & SGR up top and use a midfielder we've not seen in that position this year (perhaps Regan at D mid with Agoos in the back).

RSL has 1 win in 8 games (all competitions), and also only scored more than 1 goal once in their last 8 games (a 3-2 win vs. Catolica). They are, truly, only a good team on paper. Kries injured, Mathis in the doghouse, Pope with the Nats...this is a team in disarray. There is no reason why Metro shouldn't get some payback for the hurricane game and beat them.

That said, prediction: Metro 0 - RSL 0

2. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we manage two out of six points to RSL, I'm gonna throw up.

3. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Line-up

Wells

Leitch--Parke-Agoos--Regan

(cause Bob is too dumb or set in his ways right now to put Mendes in for either of the two central middies and he already said Suarez isn't playing.)

Stammler-Bradley

(just judging by his sub patterns where he has been giving Stammler a little bit of time)

Lisi-Gaven

(So Lisi has to be the key because we all know Magee is going to lay yet another egg)

SGR-Magee

(Please let Razov be healthy. Bob may not have a choice but to play him at 80% or so)

We need people healthy pronto

4. soccergrl7

soccergrl7 New Member

Apr 23, 2005
    I would have to say 1-0 Metrostars. RSL isn't all that good at scoring goals... but if they do, I would like to see Clint Mathis score his first of the season to stop all the trash talking I hear about him.

5. MetroSexual

MetroSexual New Member

May 23, 2005
    PA
    My honest prediction is a 1-0 Metrostars victory, goal by Galvan Rey.

6. strider026

strider026 New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Huh
    More like a Meola preview than game.

7. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goal Preview

But if you are going to the game, I do not advise going to the Home Depot Center :D

8. strider026

strider026 New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Huh
    Their probable starting lineup has Suarez in central defense. :eek: Lets hope we do not see that.

9. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2-1 if we play like we know how.. reverse the score if we play like we have at times when we expect to win without actually trying to......

10. soccergrl7

soccergrl7 New Member

Apr 23, 2005
    I don't mean to be rude, but where are all the MetroStars fans? I mean it's the day of the game and there's what... not even 15 posts? I looked on the RSL prematch and theres more than double that amount... Ya'll lost faith in your team or what?

11. MetroSexual

MetroSexual New Member

May 23, 2005
    PA
    We are all getting p!ss loaded on light beer and lighting off fireworks while eating lots of red meat. Why? Because Metrostars fans are as American as it gets!!! NO, but seriously, I'm sure people are away, on vacation, at cookouts, etc. .... I'm sure if you check back tomorrow this thread will be packed with comments....

12. soccergrl7

soccergrl7 New Member

Apr 23, 2005

u guys can do that... I'm underage and a vegetarian tho... so I'm going to act like a little kid tonight and go see the fireworks ;)

13. MetroSexual

MetroSexual New Member

May 23, 2005
    PA
    Then what you need to do is eat a HUGE salad and go get your soccer ball and start taking shots at the grill like it was an empty net. Just blast a couple of free kicks into it and obliterate that nasty, evil hamburg....

14. soccergrl7

soccergrl7 New Member

Apr 23, 2005
    That actually sounds fun... omg what am I saying... that's a crazy insane idea!!

15. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    charlie and nick and decepticon lazerbeak all chased them off.

16. soccergrl7

soccergrl7 New Member

Apr 23, 2005
    and they would be...?

17. regulator

regulator Member

Apr 25, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well, it IS july 4th. i assume most of us in civilization are out barbecuing and what not. i can't speak for what they do out west, however.

18. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ
    our record is 5-4-5, if what has been holding true does, then we will be 5-5-5 after this game...but i sure hope not

19. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Another website posted a link to a Salt Lake sports radio station, which may be broadcasting the game (in English!). I'm listening now, but so far no one has confirmed this.
    http://www.1280thezone.com/

20. supermetros

supermetros New Member

Aug 20, 2001
    Park Ridge, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The game is up now on the link above...

21. FIFARay007

FIFARay007 Member

Feb 25, 2004
    CT
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Light beer? Hell no!!! A man's gotta have standards!!! Pass the Guinness, it's a drink and a meal in one!!

22. FIFARay007

FIFARay007 Member

Feb 25, 2004
    CT
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes and after that if we get 1 more win, tie, and loss, we can pretty much guarantee that the Red Sux win again this year...

23. FIFARay007

FIFARay007 Member

Feb 25, 2004
    CT
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rusty Pierce???? Doesn't he drive Nascar? There was that "Malcom in the middle" show about it...

24. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC