Metro v. LA Galaxy Pre & Post Thread

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by jamison, Jul 8, 2005.

1. Mathis is a God

Mathis is a God New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    NJ
    Not when everyone is already watching the game live.

2. Arisrules

Arisrules Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Washington, DC

Exactly how hasn't it been working out. The defense is markedly better than last years. If we had a better goalie, or if Wells wasn't messing up 8 goals of the 20 we've given up, we'd be tops in the league. That's the reality right now.

Pope was a joke last year, and it's pathetic he's a starter on the Nats. He had absolutely no heart, and that's a disgrace.

I'm waiting for Ward to come back on the left flank. The shape of the backline is helped immediately by him being there.

3. Azabache

Azabache Member

Nov 22, 1998
    Essex Co.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I don't know if we saw the same guy play. The Regan I saw complemented and covered for Guevara quite well. He was disciplined, provided a decoy on the left side (i.e., dragged the LA right back with him) until Guevara made his outlet pass, then dutifully tracked to his position. Only saw him make one mistake all day.
    The guy who did not impress me was Razov. Lacks vision when he has options in front of him and could not operate without space. Reminded me of Roy Lassiter on one of his worst days.

4. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was interesting to see the Metros come out in a 4-3-3 allignmnent with geuvara out wide left and min-Bob as a central midfielder. I just do not get what Bob sees in his kid. too young and keep Amado in the middle and ball to him rather than him dropping back as a def mid from the left side like he did a lot last night. I want amado attacking and with the ball at his feet in the offensive 1/3 as much as possible and good things will happen more often for our forwards.

Lisi, Parke, regan and MiniBob did not look good from my seat last night inn section `113.

5. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So was I and it did not look like 7k and I have been there when there has been that much support

6. FIFARay007

FIFARay007 Member

Feb 25, 2004
    CT
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I understand we need sponsors, but god, it sounded like he was humping the cheeseburger right there! :p

7. CRSvideo

CRSvideo Member

Jul 24, 1999
    New York, NY
    I know Guevara can play. I just thought his play last night was awful. Its great being able to hold the ball under pressure, but last night (especially in the first half) he had the ball taken away from him again and again. And I lost count of his passes that got intercepted. Despite the fact he was given the MOTM award for the game, I thought he was horrible. I mean people are all saying it was an ugly game that we won, well he's the one that ran that offence that was ugly all night. The Gaven chip was the only play of his that I thought was good.

8. Shabs

Shabs Member

Jun 19, 2002
    NYC
    You didn't think his 40 yd over the top pass to Razov that led to the PK was ok?

9. CRSvideo

CRSvideo Member

Jul 24, 1999
    New York, NY
    Was that Guevara that did the pass to Razov? I didn't remember that. At the time Guevara seemed to be passing back lots of balls to Agoos who would then send long balls ahead to people (because every time he tried to bring the ball up himself he lost it). Ugly way to play a game. I guess if you just look at the highlights you'd say Guevara was incredible, but watching the game in its entirety I still say he looked awful (especially from where I was sitting in the stadium).

10. soccergrl7

soccergrl7 New Member

Apr 23, 2005
    I was taking notes on everything the whole game and when I was done, I noticed I had wrote Guevara good pass a lot. There were only a few bad plays from him that I saw. He may have kept passing it back for Agoos thinking Agoos might have the opportunity to cross it, but never did. But who knows, I might've missed some plays.

11. Shabs

Shabs Member

Jun 19, 2002
    NYC
    I saw the game in its entirety, on tv. Amado played decently, but I thought all our players had a bit of a passing malaise about them.
    You miss alot when watching at the stadium, as your attention is easily diverted, and you can't see replays. But there's def things you see at games that you dont on tv, like off the ball stuff.

12. Simon Birch

Simon Birch New Member

Aug 4, 2003
    With McOwen's Monkey
    Please post picture of yourself.

Thank you.

13. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Game will be re-broadcast tonight (7/11) at 7:30 PM on MSG.

14. Ray Luca

Ray Luca BigSoccer Yellow Card

Feb 2, 2005

15. Shabs

Shabs Member

Jun 19, 2002
    NYC

16. soccergrl7

soccergrl7 New Member

Apr 23, 2005

Why do you need a picture?

17. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just curious, are you doing this from the perspective of a coach, player, or journalist?

18. soccergrl7

soccergrl7 New Member

Apr 23, 2005
    I guess out of those 3 options I would have to go with journalist.

19. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The reason I ask is because when I watch the game, I try to remember some of the really sweet passing plays or set pieces to bring back to my 6v6 team. Not that we've ever really suceeded in duplicating... :eek:

20. soccergrl7

soccergrl7 New Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Yeah... Every player has their own "style" of playing. Bringing in good plays from previous matches may not help. Have you ever sat your team down and had them watch a MetroStars game? Maybe they'll get their own ideas on plays that could work for your team.

21. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think you were watching the same game. Amado had one of his more involved games. He spent alot of time with the ball, so yes he may have passed it back to Agoos on occassion, but he went forward too.

22. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ
    are there any pictures of the ESC in suits?

23. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have an interesting combination of styles, some experienced, some newbies (first ever soccer players.) Sometimes it works for us, sometimes it doesn't. But the important thing is we all have fun before the beer as well as during. ;)

24. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I only saw one guy in a suit when I was walking to my seat. Nice hat, too.