Metro v DC Cup Semi/Court Tavern Info

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Empire Supporters Club, Sep 26, 2003.

1. Empire Supporters Club

Feb 7, 2000
    NYC
    The Empire Supporters Club will gather at the Court Tavern in New Brunswick from 4:30pm on next Wednesday before our crucial Open Cup semifinal against D.C. Great beer, great jukebox and plenty of carry out eateries in the hood to get you warmed up for the match. Get there early if you need to keep MetroTard off of the Slade jag. Ride shares post needs or offers.

Once inside Yurcak Field, the ESC will congregate all the way to the left side of the main stand, on the side behind the Metro team shelter.

To get to the Court Tavern from the Turnpike, take exit 9 (NEW BRUNSWICK) and bear right on ramp
    Merge onto Rt 18 N
    Take Rt 27 S and get into left lane quickly
    Take left onto Neilson St
    Take right onto Church St
    Go through 1st light across George St, Court is at the end of next block on Church.
    It would be wise to try parking along street as soon as one turns onto Church. There are a couple of lots near the Court, as well.

From the train station, go down platform stairs and turn left down Easton Ave and cross Albany St towards McDonalds and the Rutgers bookstore. Turn right onto Spring St and walk one block to Church. Court is on the corner.

6:45 departure from the Court for the match (15 minutes away) is a good idea as most will want to get through the traffic and over to the match in advance of the kickoff. As is customary, first round's on Jamison...

Come On, Metro!

2. okcomputer

okcomputer Member

Jun 25, 2003
    dc
    That night is the weekly open mic night at the court so feel free to bring guitars and poetry.

3. Joe Coleman

Joe Coleman Red Card

Sep 20, 2003
    Kearny, NJ
    will Gio17 get any sleep before this I wonder

4. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    any carpools coming from Queens / Nassau County?
    also anyone got an extra match ticket in case this fixture sells out?

5. Joe Coleman

Joe Coleman Red Card

Sep 20, 2003
    Kearny, NJ
    yeah I have an extra ticket

6. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    NYR, please don't fall for that one.

I will be there around 3-ish, as I just got the day off. I'll try to bring a disposable camera on the DC trip and get the pictures processed by Wednesday.

7. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    thanx for the tips mate :)
    I'm working on clearing up the day as well so no problems will keep me from seeing my first Cup game of the season...

8. red&black1

red&black1 New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Kearny NJ
    quick question....

I have work till 6pm. u think that will leave me enough time to get to Rutgers from Kearny(giants stadium area) by 7:30?? and will there be any tickets left if i get there late??

9. Red Star Metro

Red Star Metro New Member

Apr 27, 1999
    Re: quick question....

shouldn't be a problem. even if it were to sell out, one could get a pretty damn good view by just hanging out outside of the fence around the field.

10. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Actually Joe I'll be fine. Since they ticked me off on Thursday night.

11. Calcio#20

Calcio#20 New Member

Jul 10, 2003
    N.J
    Once again I might entertain the thought of trading 1 tix for a ride to @ from the Court.Last time I was horribly stood up By my so called friends.If interested get back.

12. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    I'm taking the 3pm train from Penn Station to New Brunfus, so I should be in the hood around 4pm.

Looking forward to some Husker Du on the jukebox.

13. Beerman

Beerman Member

Feb 16, 2001
    Denville NJ
    Re: Re: quick question....

True True True.

14. okcomputer

okcomputer Member

Jun 25, 2003
    dc
    The court has arguably the best jukebox in NJ.

15. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net
    -- Always have an extra seat in my car available for a fellow red and black supporter.

16. NJPsycho

NJPsycho New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Dirty Jerzee
    True True True. They also have reasonably priced pitchers.

Does The Court know we're showing?

How far is the drive from The Court to the field?

17. okcomputer

okcomputer Member

Jun 25, 2003
    dc
    The court is about a 10 minute drive with traffic to the field. Beer is very reasonable priced at the court. Its 2.50 bud bottles and I think pitchers range from like 6 to 10 bucks depending on the beer. Yuengling is a good bargain at the Court.

18. Sccrlvr27

Sccrlvr27 New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    New Jersey
    Is there an age requirement for attending.. im only 16

Anyone kno how to get there from 287?

19. Ron Ferguson

Ron Ferguson New Member

Dec 12, 1998
  20. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net
    For those in the know... is it easier to get to the Court when comming from 287 if you get on the Turnpike or is there a better exit off of 287 ?

21. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Are the non-ESC welcome?

22. Calcio#20

Calcio#20 New Member

Jul 10, 2003
    N.J
    Of course!!! All are welcomed. And if you are interested membership is only $10.

23. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

Oh, I'm definitely in. One thing, though...first time out to Rutgers, how long do you suppose the wait time will be at the will call window?

24. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Are people expecting a sellout? I've never had to buy a ticket ahead of time for a Metros game before...

25. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For 287 directly to the field - Exit 9 (River Road / Rt. 622*) toward Rutgers / Highland Park, go through lights for Centennial Ave., Plainfield Ave., (go a little bit) Hoes Lane West / Johnson Drive, make the first major left, Sutphen Road (you'll see Rutgers sign on right). Make left on to the first major road, you'll pass stadium on way to parking.

To get to the Court Tavern - best way is not to take 287 in the first place. Turnpike is much better if it's not completely out of the way.

* Note, if you look at a map, River Road may be called Route 18 or 514, which used to be true but is now 622.