Metro SoccerFest Confirmation Please

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Kevin Etzel, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Kevin Etzel

Kevin Etzel Member

Jul 18, 2000
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know the Metros website describes the Soccerfest taking place in the bubble before the game, but can someone confirm that it is going on for today's game. I am taking my 9-year-old son to the game today and don't want to take a chance on him getting disappointed.

2. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I see nothing on the Metro website.

But at any rate.... have you joined the ESC?

3. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What does that have to do with his question?

4. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I gave an answer that related to his question in the first sentence. In the second sentence I asked him an unrelated question. What is the big deal?

5. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    I don't think anyone here has the ability to confirm that it's going on or not. Their website is usually pretty reliable, except when it isn't. I would expect it to be there, but if it wasn't I wouldn't be surprised.

Well, considering Metro playoff history, I'd say that's certainly a possibility.

There you go, trying to use logic on NYR Metro. You know better than that, good sir. :p

6. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    Why would he be disappointed are you taking him to see Metro or SoccerFest? If its the latter why not just skip going to the stadium and take him to Chucky Cheeses instead.

7. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because it was unrelated, and smacked of desperate, please-be-in-our-club proselytizing - and that's something that the ESC has never been about. The original poster has almost 700 posts - I'm pretty sure he knows what the ESC is about and if he wants to be a part of it, if he isn't already. If someone wants to know, they'll ask, and if not, that's cool too. There's no need for badgering. It only sounds silly.