Metro/NYRB vs. DC Scum Pre & Post Match Thread

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by bwest578, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Mr Fish

Mr Fish Member

Feb 2, 1999
    W. Orange <-> NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Turf. Should be a great experience for all.

2. OKTerrific

OKTerrific Member

Sep 10, 2005
    The River End
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Will the NFL lines be gone at least?

3. Mr. Bee

Mr. Bee New Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Buzzing Around
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We replaced them with a pitchers mound

4. irishapple21

irishapple21 Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    From what I hear, DC fans are comfortable both with pitching and catching. ;)

5. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    "From what I hear, DC fans are comfortable both with pitching and catching." -- irishapple21

They can do that solo. They usually do. It's their version of birth control.

6. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    Not according to MLSNet but they notoriously suck:

INJURY REPORT: NEW YORK RED BULLS - OUT: MF Mark Lisi (R groin strain); QUESTIONABLE: FW Mike Magee (L ankle sprain) ... D.C. UNITED - OUT: GK Nick Rimando (mid-foot sprain); DF David Stokes (R quad strain); MF Santino Quaranta (R hamstring strain); QUESTIONABLE: DF Bryan Namoff (groin strain); PROBABLE: MF Clyde Simms (L foot sesmoiditis)

Nevermind - a more reputable source:
    http://www.bigapplesoccer.com/article.php?article_id=5878

7. bwest578

bwest578 Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    You should look at the DC thread...they seem as roudy as ever. I can't make it up to NJ this weekend, so all fans that are going PLEASE bring it!

8. Mr. Bee

Mr. Bee New Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Buzzing Around
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, we may not have as many fans - and we might not win this match, but at least we ain't got no trophies!

9. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    It would be more pleasant posting on our boards if I knew that DC lurkers weren't here, ready to post their own two pennies worth of commentary. I suppose it can't be helped, but where can we go to discuss among oursleves without being reminded that an alien presence is observing us?

I confess, I might follow a lead on the home page to a DC site now and then, and I will read there. However, I've made it a point since several months ago, never to post on a DC board. I really believe it is their place; I have no business there. I can always challenge an issue on the rivalries board.

The answer is to say absolutely nothing of consequence here untill an RB only site can be found -- and maintained as such. I understand the weather will be less than lovely tomorrow.

Paranoid -- and proud of it!

10. irishapple21

irishapple21 Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands

Well, part of the problem is that DC's moderators don't tolerate posts from other teams' fans on their board, so posting there is futile because they delete it instantly. RBNY's fans aren't fascists so we tolerate posts from other teams' fans.

Of course, there's little point to going over to DC's board anyway. It's always the same thing -- "Let's polish our trophies with rhythmic stroking motions over and over." ;)

11. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair enough; but just so you know, there are a fair number of DC fans who wish that the pre-game threads -- here and the one in the DC forum -- were places where serious discussion/debate/whatever could occur between fans of the two teams, without the vitriol that comes with threads in the "Rivalries" forum (where I pretty much never go; I know lots of people who find it fun, but that ain't me). I realize it's hard to make that happen, though. And I disagree with:
    . . .on a technicality. I don't think it's true that the DC mods don't allow posts from other teams' fans on the DC board, because I see them there all the time; but I do think that there can be a hair trigger as to what some DC mods think constitutes trolling, ripping all the fun out of a discussion. And that's certainly a disincentive to use a pre-game thread to interact that way.

Anyway, sorry to jump in in just the fashion you were describing. I'll be off.

12. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Member+

May 12, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can accomplish a lot with just one arm.

13. Mr. Bee

Mr. Bee New Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Buzzing Around
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you just call another man "muffin"?

I guess what they say about DCU fans is actually true.

14. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    They have their own board, but that's not enough for them. They haven't even the good sense not to go where they are not wanted, but must flout their opinions and diss the locals. That tire and sludge scene could just as well be a shot of the Anacostia on a fair day.

Not one of them comes in here for a frank discussion, but to drop taunts and barbs ("Will we beat you on grass or turf?" "Will the NFL lines be gone, at least?" etc.). We have a right to discuss our own problems and concerns among ourselves without outside intrusion. I say again, cross lances on the Rivalries board, not on ours.

15. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. Mr. Bee

Mr. Bee New Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Buzzing Around
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So.. er, what, I'm a stinky muffin?

That still doesnt mean you can touch my butt, you know

17. Jamar

Jamar New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Salzburg/Austria
    kick their asses and win!

18. Shaydee

Shaydee Member

Apr 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ahh shit. I wish I could go to the game today. ********ing school taking all my money. I might have to drop out to quench my Metro/whatever thirst.

19. 4Winds

4Winds New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Chattanooga

We're beating you on carpet covered with two inches of swamp water -- which doesn't affect us but should give all of you some nasty skin disease, or worse. :p

20. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On to the game...

I'm having flashbacks to last year.

I haven't heard peep one out of RB as far as advertising this game.

Add to the fact that the weather is (to put it mildly) crap, and I'm thinking we're gonna have some idea of whether or not RB is going to massage numbers going forward. 2k in actual attendance, and a quarter of that are DC fans.

On the field, If Youri, Parke, and Meola can't play we may lose 7-0. I wish I was even remotely joking. If not, well, more pain and misery for Metrofans in any case I get the feeling. I don't see how they win unless Perkins and/or their D gifts two goals this time

21. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Trolling removed.

22. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Is the weather up there, uh, pouring rain, like down here? :/

Edit: Yeah, just saw the radar for the east coast, nevermind. Lets hope for a rainy classic then I guess.

23. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    No umbrellas allowed in the stadium. Wear panchos, slickers, foul weather gear or a wet suit.

24. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL

You da man!

--- but we all knew that. :eek: