Metro-Fire US Open Cup Final Attendance Prediction Thread

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Fkesoccer, Oct 10, 2003.

1. sanariot

sanariot Member

Nov 19, 2001
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I predict 1908, 1945 tops. ;)

2. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Star-Ledger kicking ass

Star-Ledger kicking ass when comparing to other papers i guess. On page 51 they have a good third page coverage on this by Cilin Stephenson their staff writer.
    It talks about the history of the Open Cup and how it came to be named the Lamar Hunt Open Cup. It has a history of 89 years and at the bottom of the article it lists all previous winners. New Jersey teams winning it 3 times and NY with the most wins at 26 followed by the States of California and Pennsylvania at 14 each. East coast teams dominating this competition.
    For the Metrostars a victory would give them the first title of any kind.
    The Fire played in two Finals winning both under Bob Bradley.
    Since MLS teams have been involved (1996) the host team has won each time.

GO METROS !!!

P.S. there is also a metrostars ad on the third page of the sports section for todays game and Saturdays. How much will the MSG coverage hurt attendance?

3. Nutty

Nutty New Member

Aug 26, 2002
    NJ
    I was just going to post the same thing, soccerfan. Thank goodness for the Star Ledger. It's at least the third time its been mentioned there, and its also listed on the TV pinup section on the front of the sports page.

Now, if only my friends were as cool this week. I emailed over 10 people, and it seems not one of them is coming. They all backed out due to the freakin' Yankee game tonight. *sigh* Well, I'll be there, even if I have to go alone.

4. BayridgeMetro

BayridgeMetro New Member

Feb 5, 2001
    New York City
    The Yankee game,the weather,not a damn thing in the news or post.Ill be there,youll be there,but i dont think anyone else will be there.I just pray we get over 10,000 in real not announced attendance.See you at Hales.

5. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    There won't be THAT many Section 8'ers there :)

6. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since the beginning of MLS only two US Open Cup games have drawn more than 15,000 people and only one final has drawn more than 10,000.

Not true.

1998 in Chicago 18,000+
    2000 in Chicago 19,000+

7. Attendance: 5,183

How much longer for Nick?

:(

8. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire