Metro finally made a final!

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by sanariot, Oct 1, 2003.

1. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

That won't stop the tin foil heads from complaining about no R in the title.

2. PSUdude

PSUdude New Member

Dec 15, 1998
    Elmhurst, Queens, NY
    sweet!! just got my ski pass for Hell!!!!

3. NJPsycho

NJPsycho New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Dirty Jerzee
    See you there!
    [​IMG]

4. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    [R]

Glad to see so many MetroFans made it to the match so they could come back and intelligently comment on it.

1-0 US

Thx,

Jay!

5. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Nice to see that not being able to watch the game in any capacity didn't negatively affect DC fan's ability to comment on it stupidly.

The USOC Final will be Wednesday, October 15th at Giants Stadium, 8pm.

And Sachin...least you got saved the long ride home, eh?

Stupid to not have it on TV though...FSW dropped the ball there. Guess Max Bretos was busy doing a velez sarsfield voice over and couldn't be bothered.

It looked like the DC people stayed late to thank the team on their way out (good on them), but we were hightailing it to the parking lot to continue the party.

Sweet night for Metro. But, it means fck all if we lose. Got to beat Chicago.

6. psycho killer

psycho killer New Member

May 26, 2003
    NJ
    How good were Amado's goals? Was the place full or were there some empty seats? I hope we can get at least 15k for the 15th.

7. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

Both were wonderful, but the unassisted free kick was especially beautiful. The place looked full, even though the attendance was short of 4K. Being very conservative, I'm assuming that a fifth of those were Rutgers students/family who took advantage of discounted entertainment.

8. NJPsycho

NJPsycho New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Dirty Jerzee
    I'm not sure about the 1st but Lobo's second was a sweet free kick right into the net. I really thought he was going to be sneaky about it, but it went it in the net nicer than the famous Mathis free kick in that commercial.
    A few empty seats, but not enough to say that it wasn't packed.
    Also, should I be worried about your screen name? :)

9. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think TV coverage had to do with the fact that the date was changed to a Wed, and FSW is contractually obligated to show an EPL game in that time slot.

But yes, a better job should have been done by someone...

10. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

Or it could be that the USSF does not want to compete against itself by broadcasting the second semifinal when USA-Norway is playing at the same time. You know, there were a few empty seats at the game last night.

11. cliffkram

cliffkram Member

May 4, 2003
    Brum via NYC
    cas casay...fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa...run run run run, run run run awayyyyyyyyyyyyy