Messina

Discussion in 'Italy: Southern Clubs' started by SICILIANSOCCERFAN, Dec 12, 2005.

1. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    D'Aversa is a player I don't know much about but Candela may be useful if he gets a regular spots. I'm not sure if Bakayoko would be the right replacement for Rigano` when he's not playing but he is better than Floccari.

2. SICILIANSOCCERFAN

SICILIANSOCCERFAN New Member

Dec 6, 2004
    Toronto
    2-1 LOSS to Ascoli, giving up 2 goals in extra time....ridiculous...im not one to blame managers but fire Giordano, he's gotta go! This was an important 3 points and they choked...fu^&in brutal....i felt sick after seeing this.

3. sportfriend

sportfriend Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Canada
    you guys know i hate Messina...But i cheer for them anytime due to the fact they're a southern team...Lets help both Reggina and Messina can stay up

4. RegginaAmaranto

RegginaAmaranto New Member

Dec 24, 2006
    Melbourne Australia
    i disagree... i hope Messina finish just below Reggina and when they work out who goes into the religation playoff position, it ends up being Messina due to their lower goal difference because they were pumped 5-0at the granillo next week :D

FORZA REGGINA! IL CAMPIONI DELLO STRETTO!

5. sportfriend

sportfriend Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Canada
    well since we are playing Messina next week....then i can't wait to see mighty Calabria sink the neighbouring island :p

remember what happened last time they came across the pond? :p

lemme refresh their memory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VklWadB-DM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMS3P497bcg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoFnFfGBDbg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPHF-74x4yU

mai nessun ci fermera, noi saremo sempre qua
    fino alla serie A, la Reggina vince ancora per gli Ultra!!!
    ohhhh ohhhh ohhhhh ohhhhh ohhhhh ohhhhh
    noi saremo sempre qua
    ino alla SERIE A, la Reggina vince ancora per glir Ultra!!

6. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It would have been different if Rigano` was playing. The game might have been out of reach at an earlier stage. Even if he does come back, you would expect all of the defenders to mark him because he is essentially Messina's gameplan.

7. SICILIANSOCCERFAN

Dec 6, 2004
    Toronto
  8. forzareggina

forzareggina Member

Reggina
    United States
    Aug 24, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Reggina Calcio
    well i hope this will make the derby a little easier for us

9. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    When you decide to get a coach whose team finished on the bottom of Serie B, something mustn't be right. I doubt he would be sacked if Rigano` was still fit.

10. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I believe they probably picked Giordano because of his career as big name player rather than his results as a coach, I.E. Roberto Donadoni.

Anyway, I think Rigano` may have been the one to bring on Alberto Cavasin as he was the coach who brought Fiorentina (Florentia Viola) up from the doldrums in C2 during the 2002/2003 while Christian Riganò scored 30 goals in 32 games. What's wrong with Rigano`anyway, is he hurt?

11. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He is still injured.

12. SICILIANSOCCERFAN

Dec 6, 2004
    Toronto
    Rignano is back from injury and played in the 2nd half of the game today, And Messina actually pulled one out, maybe a sign of things to come.... since Rignano was injured Messina has probably been the worst team in serie A....fingers crossed..hopefully they can win a few games in the next few weeks against some weaker teams.

13. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Rignano will do well with Cavasin as he did when he was coaching Fiorentina(Floretina Viola) in the 2002/2003 Serie C2 tournmanet and gaining promotion.

This derby Messina-Palermo doesn't seem as tense as Catania- Palermo. The announcer was saying the first time the two clubs played was in 1901 with a banquet dinner after the match. No more of those I don't think.

14. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    For the bomber from Lipari its his 10th goal on the season. Beautiful header by Rigano!

15. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Messina is saved so far with two posts by Palermo in the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half.

16. SICILIANSOCCERFAN

Dec 6, 2004
    Toronto
    2-0 Messina over Palermo..huge win..2 goals by Rignano...its nice to have him back in lineup...:)

17. forzareggina

forzareggina Member

Reggina
    United States
    Aug 24, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Reggina Calcio
    oh go to hell

;)

18. sportfriend

sportfriend Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Canada
    fackin budacci :mad:

19. SICILIANSOCCERFAN

Dec 6, 2004
    Toronto
    Huge games for Messina against chievo then Torino in the next two weeks.....one of those three teams will be relegated...I dont think Reggina will be relegated....if you take their form/ results till now they are too good of a team and in the next 10 weeks will (unfortunately :rolleyes: ) I believe get ahead of all three of the teams mentioned... They would be well out of the relegation if it wasnt for the point deduction...Cagliari and siena are not safe either...The head to head battles from now on will obviously determine who gets relegated.

20. forzareggina

forzareggina Member

Reggina
    United States
    Aug 24, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Reggina Calcio
    well thanks for the honesty
    you have a better outlook than i do :eek:

we got robbed of one of these so-called head to battles today

and by the way. i can't believe how big of whiners palermo are being
    the lost 2-0. they couldn't score. deal with it

21. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I was surprised that Messina won but I wasn't surprised that Rigano` decided the match. Either Alvarez or him were going to score for i messinesi.

22. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  23. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    How wabout the lady linesman in the Messina -Torino match? Reminded me of 1981 in an NASL game in San Jose CAwhen George Best who was playing for the Earthquakes at the time, ran over to a lady linesman on the wing and told her to stay in the kitchen after she botched an offside's call. :)