Message to Dominic Kinnear

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Aquari, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Childs Play

Childs Play Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Behind you,.. BOO!
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Indeed, his footy skills may be on the decline, but his diplomatic skills remain intact.:D

2. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Having watched him coach kids for hours and talked to him after the kids' camps, I believe he is one of the nicest guys around as well as someone who played his heart out for our team. I don't think he has it in him to be an ERob, much less a Kei.

There are only a few former players I would welcome back to the team. The rest can stay where they are, starting with golden blob.

3. Childs Play

Childs Play Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Behind you,.. BOO!
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    He's a guy you'd like to see come back and sign a one day contract to retire a Quake.:D

4. Mxwlldsn

Mxwlldsn Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My $.02 as a Dynamo fan:
    I'm not a huge fan of this crap from the players - I would like to think that some of it might be just a motivational/trash talking thing and nothing too serious (mostly because I also would like to think the players I root for aren't jerks) but it might be going a little far.
    Anyway, what I really feel strongly about are those 2 other stars - Keep 'em (I think you were already planning on doing that, but...). Maybe this is a little too fan-centric, but when the Dynamo came to Houston, that was my first season with the team, and when they won the title, that was the first time my team won the title. I didn't celebrate when San Jose won those titles - why would I want to commemorate titles that have no meaning to me? So some of the players won them, and they have the rings from those titles - how is that not enough? [this might not hold up to logical scrutiny, but...] If the Yankees bought almost all of the players that win this year's World Series, would they put up a banner in their stadium? Same players, different club.

Anyway, who would want to claim championships won with the help of Landycakes...;)

5. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    Maybe they should have a ceremony where they do sort of a metaphysical "star trade". Jimmy's 2000 KC star absorbs the spirit of Nick's 2001 SJ star and vice versa. Bobby Boswell could preside over the ceremony since he's the master of metaphysical star transfer, having metaphysically sewn SJ's 2001 and 2003 stars to his Houston jersey.

6. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    Well, thanks. This is one Houston fan who gets it.

7. KMJvet

KMJvet BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's the Spurs' influence.

8. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Interesting point, and I might agree with it under different circumstances, but those championships were won BT (before traitorhood).

9. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps Bobby Boswell should be assisted by Blackwolf the Dragonmaster? :confused:

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :(

-G

10. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Y'all got Ryan back...

Let me get right on that.

It would be mindful to recall that there are indeed some sprinkle few soccer fanatics, that remember our old NASL as well, on these boards that are just as awesome as you.

I know I know falvo, how in the hell San Jose didn't win the 2005 MLS Cup Championship, us MLS fans will never figure out.

11. Childs Play

Childs Play Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Behind you,.. BOO!
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Re: Y'all got Ryan back...

Please do, because people who come in here and make senseless statements really should be held to account for their ridiculous postings.

As you should be mindful of your own arrogance. You were after all the one who began this nonsense. I just tried to point out to you, that YOU need to be aware that YOU possess nothing in the realm of American Soccer connections that others do not also possess. Best to know whom you are talking to before you claim the higher ground.

12. S.J. Jim

S.J. Jim Member+

Jun 11, 2006
    S.J.
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

What about postings like this...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Childs Play
    ...f*ck Texas and everything in it. Houston is a shite hole and doesn't deserve the Moes or any other MLS team.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Childs Play
    No, they are definitely not as fat, but I think we have enough proof right here in this thread that they are a bunch of toothless, inbred, hillbilly, dumbf*cks who know nothing about footy and even less about their own pathetic existence.....

13. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Guys,
    Take it to PM. You've completely gone off topic.

14. Childs Play

Childs Play Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Behind you,.. BOO!
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

Athletics68. I've asked S.J.Jim 6 times, to take it private if he has issues with me, but he simply refuses to do so, preferring to repeatedly post some of my more "juicy" comments as some duty he has to chastise me for my indiscretions.

He has also refused to open his own message feature so that I can respond to him without having to bring it to the attention of the entire EQ forum. He wants a pissing match. One I'd gladly give him offline if he had to stones. Perhaps we just need to get the moderators involved again.

15. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Perhaps you just need to drop it then. He obviously wants the last word. Let him have it and drop the topic. At this point both of your arguments have degenerated into pointless drivel that no one but the two of you cares about. Call it a draw and walk away.

16. Childs Play

Childs Play Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Behind you,.. BOO!
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

Good advice, though I still think the moderators need to reiterate what they have on several occasions already.

17. soccerfan1986

soccerfan1986 New Member

Dec 26, 2005
    The City by the Bay
    When Ching said he was being disrespected after the team brought two championships to San Jose, it got me thinking:

How about the fact that the current head coach of the Earthquakes brought those two championships and here he is coaching the same franchise pursuing his and the team's THIRD MLS Cup.

There were also players that have at least a ring or two, Joe Cannon (2001) and Arturo Alvarez (2003), Ian Russell, Ronnie Ekelund, and Ramiro Corrales (2001 and 2003).

Now I have total respect for the Dynamo team and I know that they have moved on now that the Earthquakes are back. But I think they are upset that the new team inherited a storied franchise that the league cherishes, after all MLS' first match was held and won in San Jose. Record shows that the Quakes are the first team to win a MLS match.

18. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

HUH??????:confused:???????????????

How about them Houston Hurricane & Kai Haaskivi?? :D

19. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[​IMG]
    Bobby Lennox was perhaps better with the ball at his feet, its close. Kyle Rote Jr. finished his playing career at the old 'Dome.
    Strangest thing of all falvo...we got our old Hurricane Orange colors as well.
    Seattle folks are begging for their NASL colors and connection, then their are the Cosmos lovers back East who can't seem to let go and for guys like me, well Houston got its old NASL colors dropped back in our laps and nobody asked us. It just went down like that.

Speaking of Kai and Euro dudes from the past, you Quakes guys and gals can always hold Georgie Best up. That's sayin' a lot for being able to maintain some U.S. soccer history.

...and this one of a kind moment of course
    [​IMG]

20. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I have a question for you...why do the people behind soccer in Houston insist on having the color Orange for all their soccer teams? I mean fuirst the Houston Hurricane & their orange and the when our Quakes moved there the same thing....are they trying to emulate Holland and Clockwork Orange?

[​IMG]

I mean our Clash colors were horrible but Orange?

21. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ah yes the old Houston Hurricane Orange did find its way back to our MLS incarnation. As I have it from our GM Oliver Luck he revealed to me that Garber and MLS already have certain color combinations in their head. They have certain "looks" that the league would like to eventually have in MLS. Having an Orange team in MLS was in the cards but Garber didn't know where that look would fit in? What city would be able to run with it???

Oliver did not tell me exactly who selected the Orange for one of our Houston colors but that it was decided Houston would be the Orange team in MLS. Black was the secondary color and Luck tossed in a touch of Space City Blue for personel reasons as he played for our Oilers back in the 80's.

It really wasn't that the original Clash colors were that terrible, it's just that there were so many of them!

22. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I don't know ......They came up with the color of Celery? Like that makes a lot of sense.....Nike..:D..LOL

[​IMG]

23. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    I have something to add real quick:

-Dynamo players, stop acting like assholes and expecting respect, especially since you've already blown it w/ the preseason games and other screwups afterwards.

-Quakes fans, stop acting like the players should act differently from other opposition. Yeah, Ching and Robinson went too far. But if you expect them not to celebrate a goal, as someone like Ivan Guerrero or Richard Mulrooney (before the whole move to Houston) would probably do, you're high off your ass. It's a different situation given that the whole team was moved.

24. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003

Kinda funny to imagine Donny Garber with his little MLS team colors "vision" (OK, and then we'll get an orange team, and then maybe a.....purple team(!), yeah a purple team!). And Oliver Luck going with Space City Blue as a not to ... himself? I'm not doubting you Celt, I just find it kind of funny if this is the way these decisions are made. Not sure how we wound up with black this year. I would hope it was based on some kind of marketing data, but if it was they probably didn't consider the hard-core fans all that much.

25. KMJvet

KMJvet BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it would be better if the Quakes just prevented anyone on Dynamo ever scoring another goal ever against us so it's a moot point. :)