Message to Dominic Kinnear

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Aquari, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Childs Play

Childs Play Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Behind you,.. BOO!
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    That's just great, so now relate that please, with clarity, and elaborate on how, in any way what so ever, that has anything to do with the rhetorical remark that prompted your inane response?

And don't get me started on discussions with coaches, players and team owners. I might just have a few more years and a few more associations with NASL and MLS folks than you.

2. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    How about on this thread where this guy says there was no way the 2005 roster would have won MLS Cup 2005....The freaking 2006 & 07 roster was virtually the same with the same protagonists....

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=795874&page=15

1 Jon Conway
    2 Eddie Robinson
    3 Kevin Goldthwaite
    4 Danny Califf
    5 Ryan Cochrane
    6 Orlando Ramirez
    7 Ian Russell
    8 Brett Rodriguez
    9 Brian Mullan
    11 Brad Davis
    12 Mark Chung
    13 Ricardo Clark
    14 Dwayne De Rosario

15 Alejandro Moreno
    16 Craig Waibel
    17 Chris Aloisi
    18 Pat Onstad
    19 Troy Dayak
    20 Ronald Cerritos
    21 Tighe Dombrowski
    23 Roger Levesque
    24 Wade Barrett
    25 Brian Ching
    26 Kelly Gray
    27 Danny O'Rourke
    29 Chris Wondolowski
    30 Robby Fulton
    32 Aaron Lanes
    33 Julian Nash
    34 James Twellman

2006 Dynamo Squad
    This is the final roster for the Houston Dynamo at the end of the 2006 Season.

1 GK Zach Wells
    2 DF Eddie Robinson
    3 DF Kevin Goldthwaite

4 DF Chris Aloisi
    5 DF Ryan Cochrane
    6 DF Kelly Gray
    7 MF Chris Wondolowski
    8 FW Paul Dalglish
    9 MF Brian Mullan
    11 MF Brad Davis
    12 FW Julian Nash
    13 MF Ricardo Clark
    14 MF Dwayne De Rosario

15 FW Alejandro Moreno
    16 DF Craig Waibel
    17 MF Mike Chabala
    18 GK Pat Onstad
    19 DF Patrick Ianni
    21 MF Aaron Lanes
    22 MF Stuart Holden
    23 MF Mpho Moloi
    24 DF Wade Barrett (captain)
    25 FW Brian Ching

26 FW Marcus Storey
    30 GK Martin Hutton
    51 MF Adrian Serioux

2007 Championship Squad
    As of October 21, 2007

1 GK Zach Wells
    2 DF Eddie Robinson
    4 DF Patrick Ianni
    5 DF Ryan Cochrane
    7 MF Chris Wondolowski

8 FW Paul Dalglish
    9 MF Brian Mullan
    11 MF Brad Davis
    13 MF Ricardo Clark
    14 MF Dwayne De Rosario

16 DF Craig Waibel

17 MF Mike Chabala
    18 GK Pat Onstad
    19 MF John Michael Hayden
    20 MF Eric Ebert
    21 FW Nate Jaqua
    22 MF Stuart Holden
    23 MF Mpho Moloi
    24 DF Wade Barrett (captain)
    25 FW Brian Ching

26 MF Corey Ashe
    27 FW Erik Ustruck
    29 GK Jordan James
    30 MF Richard Mulrooney
    31 MF Nick Hatzke
    33 FW Joseph Ngwenya

3. KMJvet

KMJvet BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FWIW, I don't lump all ex-Quakes playing in Houston into the same pile. Until they say something in the press or do something on the field I consider unprofessional, I will still like and applaud them upon their introductions at Buck Shaw. Brad Davis and Craig Waibel are still in good stead with me.

4. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What'll happen if any current prominent Dynamo player (particularly any of the ones complaining about being "disrespected") gets traded to the Earthquakes this coming offseason? :confused:

Before any of the Houston trolls denies that it could ever happen, one thing I've learned in my old age is that if Joe Montana and Wayne Gretzky can be traded, then any player - and I mean any player - can be traded. :eek:

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :(

-G

5. Childs Play

Childs Play Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Behind you,.. BOO!
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Falvo, Brilliant!

6. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If they keep their mouths shut about stars and whatnot and play hard they'll be welcomed back with open arms.

7. Childs Play

Childs Play Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Behind you,.. BOO!
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Erob would not be welcomed with open arms, not by anyone I know.

8. FUAEG

FUAEG Member+

Oct 18, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. If it was Boswell his head would explode from the irony.

9. KMJvet

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It depends on who they were. I think first it would be looked at in terms of are they a good acquisition. I think, for example, Mulrooney and Barrett wouldn't be upgrades especially for the price. Ching, he'd have to pass a medical and he probably couldn't. Hopefully we've learned our lesson on that. And really I've lost a lot of respect for him and I'm still hoping for Marlon James to play target forward or spending our DP on Guille Franco. Ed the Thug, no thanks on several accounts....not a very good player and a jerk. Waibel...like him, too old. Brad Davis...like him, not sure we need more left-sided players.

10. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    I went ahead and e-mailed Bobby, thanking him for bringing those two championships to San Jose. His response:

Class 'til the end, those guys.

11. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about DeRosario (admittedly the least likely Dynamo player to be traded, but still...)? :confused:

-G

12. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    LOL! Those guys are easily riled up..........I love pushing their buttons......especially when they have no clue about the history of that or rather "our" club! Where were they from 1996-2001 when we were shafted by this league and the krafts and AEG? Heck I'd love to have inheirted a championship winner...Give me a break! :rolleyes:

13. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The years are actually 1996-2005, but great point nonetheless.

-G

14. KatieMae

KatieMae New Member

Oct 4, 2002
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I agree with you. While he was here he seemed a nice guy - and I am sure he still is. But since he's been in Houston he has just seemed so sour and angry on the subject of his former team. I know I have read quotes from him where he has dissed SJ - I can't recall exactly where. I also remember seeing him on Fox Fone In last season where his comments left me feeling a bit angry. He was lukewarm about SJ as fans which I thought wrong as we were crushed at the prospect of the team leaving and so many people tried so hard to keep them (remembering attending the city council mtgs & seeing all the Quakes folks plead with the city council)

15. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I look at those "slighted" comments by the Dynamo players as examples of what we often see good competitors do in all sports. They often magnifiy meaningless little things as slights for motivation purposes, or even make up the slights out of nothing. Tiger Woods does it. Athletes and competitors do it all the time.

The alleged Bobby Boswell quote is probably from ERob, but is miss-attributed. It does not make sense coming from Boswell. Typical press mistake.

Seems like this is all getting magnified beyond reason. Just competitors doing thier thing.

Edit: Saw post saying Boswell says he spoke of the team. OK, he is just passing on what he hears from ERob and others. It is still those guys doing their competitor thing. No big deal.

I imagine if HOU-SJE are going to have a little hate-war it should be around something far more meaningful like the Kamara/Garcia blood feud.

16. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well I meant the years we suffered from 96-2000 until we won in 2001.
    We received abslutley nothing from the league in those years from the shafting of Carlos Hermosillo to the Gals to the "trade" of Jeff Baicher to the Kraft owned Revs.

Of course we felt the same fate in 2005 when they stripped us of all our players w/ LAndyto La etc etc ....

As far as Houston players getting respect from us SJ fans, well I compare it to John elway getting no mercy in his rookie year in Denver when he screwed Baltimore. I believe they sacked him continuously. Why should we care about them? If they cared about us, they would have or found a way to come back here like Ryan Chochrane did.

17. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry about that. I'd misunderstood what you meant. :eek:

-G

18. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    In Dom's defense, he went out of his way to shout out to San Jose fans during their first year in Houston. But time moves on and when San Jose becomes the competition things change. I'm sure he's fanned the flames of the whole "disrespected" thing as a motivational tool.

19. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's understandable. But he also by the same token shouldn't be surprised when we start to hate him for it too. He's now as big a scumbag in my mind as many of the LA scum. Which is fine. I can hate the entire extended AEG family equally.

20. KMJvet

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I left that out on purpose since I don't know. I can't say I've seen him have a good game in a couple of years. Seems shocking, but I can't remember one.
    I think he's lost it. But I haven't seen other people say that so maybe I missed all his good games from the this season and the one prior.

21. KMJvet

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it's different. That's usually players from one team slighting players from another team--so called "bulletin board material." I don't think it's routine to bring former fans of a moved team into it. That strikes me as a rather uniquely disgraceful motivation choice.

22. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Just further confirmation that these players are a group of dim light bulbs. One thing that springs to mind immediately when I read this is the story I heard from a group of fellow Quakes fans who went down to Houston in 2006, I believe it was, and were really given the cold shoulder by Wade. I would say that these fans were hurt by that reception (this doesn't apply to Craig and Dero, BTW) but maybe they would not like that characterization.

23. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Maybe he felt that he had to go, as others have pointed out. And, I would like to add to what KMJvet has said, the more I see of Dom, the more that I gladden at the fact that he is no longer here.

24. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Rhetorical, eh? Nine! [Homer Simpson]

25. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    If you'd been paying attention, Goodsie, you would have noticed that Dwayne has been very good in what he has said; knows when to keep his mouth shut and when to say what should be said.