Message from Stephen Zack

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Red&Black, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Bambule GK

Bambule GK New Member

Aug 16, 2000
    The ATL
    Awesome. Completely understood.

Given what guys like R&B, Chico and Sachin are saying in terms of accessibility, looks like maybe if a baseball/stadium related topic (or something of a similar level) pops up, we can (perhaps) send word and you can pop in for a specific Q&A or something.

Thanks again for popping in here.

2. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh criminy, let's get to the important stuff already:

Boxers or briefs?

;)

K

3. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    I completely agree with you here. Not only do we have a wonderful team/coach/and pretty good FO. We have some wonderful supporters. Some people who work their tails off to make things like last weekend such a success. People who get no money and definitely lose alot making the match experience well such an experience. I have met a slew of near complete strangers this season that due to my allegiance to DC United have treated me almost as family right off the bat (no pun intended). To walk into the SE tailgate and/or the Barra tailgate know no one and within an hour be chatting it up with 5 new folks as though I have known them for a long time is really a KEY ingredient to DC matches. That spirit comes into the stadium every match and the team can definitely feel it. Win or lose, infield or not, bouncing or stationary seats to me the people I have met are as much a part of DC United as the 11 on the field and that what makes this club so great.

Thanks to DC United and the folks I met this season.

4. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    I think the other big concern is our SSS. Is there a hearing date scheduled yet or are the plans still too far away from completion to have?

5. Eismahn

Eismahn Member

Sep 26, 2003
    Silver Spring,Maryla
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Note to the Mods-, in view of all the threads already spouting concerns about both the proposal of an SSS as well as changes coming to RFK as a result of baseball, please get this done. Where all of us are concerned, in the FO shoes, I'd want all the weight I could muster in getting feedback here, as well as elsewhere, in preperation for the next coming season. Not only as a compass on which direction to take, but also as leveradge in dealing with the DCSEC.
    As so many have offered kudos and thanks for past services rendered, it's right to do right by them and set up what, despite the humble outlook of Mr. Zack, could be not only very informative to those here, but a usefull tool in weighing support on issues for the FO. The view to take here, IMO, should be that doing so can't possibly get in the way of continuing success where DC United is concerned, however it could certainly maintain, maybe even enhance it.

Whatever result arrives, God, it's good to see the team's resurgence on the field at a match where the fans so clearly appreciate it. To have the thanks directly from the FO, and raves from opposing team's fans league wide- a more perfect picture one cannot paint, save perhaps the same occuring later in the playoffs.

Vamos United. Vamonos.

6. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IAWTP. It's easy to take it all for granted until you drop into another supporters' group forum here and listen to their problems with their front office and with each other. Supporting DC, I've never felt anything but very welcome. You all are great.

OK, that's all the love I can handle right now. On to hate. New England friggin' sucks, man.