Mercado de Pases (River Plate TRANSFER News)

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Jan 7, 2018.

1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Benfica with an offer for Gonzalo Montiel:

12-month loan for a €1.5M fee, with an option to buy the transfer for €7M.

River does not want to loan him, but the move could very likely go through if the Portuguese change their stance to a loan with an obligation to buy.

Loco and Ron Mexico repped this.
  2. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Supposedly Benfica made the offer for purchase, about that prize.

River Plate are looking at Milton Casco or Alex Vigo as replacements. I am going to miss this guy, he is a warrior

locoxriver repped this.
  3. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Is this official? The only formal offer my sources have mentioned is the loan proposal, although I did hear Benfica were considering making a full transfer offer.

If they really did offer €7M though, lets hope Montiel gets to enjoy eliminating Boca one more time on Wednesday before moving on

4. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't have any sources, I don't roll like everyone here with their own sources. . . I'll admit that I get my info from mundoalbiceleste and ole.clarin

5. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL! Spartak Moscow's sporting director resigned over not being able to sign Gonzalo Montiel:

[​IMG]

Spartak Moscow sporting director Dmitry Popov said at half-time against Benfica (Portuguese victory by 2-0) on Wednesday that he will present his resignation of the club. At issue, according to the Russian press, is the refusal of club owner Leonid Fedun to sign River Plate right-back Gonzalo Montiel.

“The last straw was the story of River Plate’s right-back Gonzalo Montiel,” Popov told a newspaper reporter Sport Express, after the end of the first part of the game with Benfica. "Today, Fedun refused the deal."​

Ron Mexico repped this.
  6. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    While everyone was expecting it to go through no questions asked, it looks like River has rejected Sevilla's initial offer of €7.5M euros for Gonzalo Montiel.

The club is looking to receive more or less €7 million after taxes, something which wouldn't be the case here since this is a pre-tax/pre-agent fee figure and also doesn't discount the 20% of the transfer belonging to the player. With this transfer fee River would be receiving around €5 million, a number they don't consider sufficient for a player of his caliber.

Of course River had promised Montiel that they would sell him and in the current state of the pandemic market it is hard to imagine other strong offers coming in, so I still expect this to go through. This just seems like a tactic by D'Onofrio to pressure the Spaniards to put in a little bit more.

The other alternative is that Montiel abandons his 20% to the club (something several other players have done in the past to unlock a transfer), which would allow River to get a figure closer to the one they originally desired.

megamac20817 and Ron Mexico repped this.
  7. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  9. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    A few offers from Europe rejected in recent days:

The first one from Olympiakos for Fabrizio Angileri worth €4M for the full transfer (River owns 80%, the other 20% belongs to Godoy Cruz). The leftback is reportedly also being tracked by Lazio and Marseille.

The second one was for Federico Girotti, worth €800,000 for a season-long loan deal with a €7M buyout clause, but this was also turned down as River does not intend on letting him go on a loan (they'd be willing to discuss a transfer, though). Betis were said to have offered approximately €5M for the full transfer, although it was deemed insufficient.

We'll have to see if any counteroffers or new proposals appear in the coming week, before the European transfer windows officially close for the remainder of the year.

In other news, River has gotten in contact with Thomas Gutierrez to see if they can sign him to a deal after he was released as a free agent a month ago. Apparently this was through an express request from Gallardo, who is probably concerned seeing the state of our defense (Pinola/Maidana clearly no longer being up to standard; David Martinez probably leaving at the end of the year since we don't possess a buyout clause; Paulo Diaz being extremely irregular; Rojas being demoted for the past year). The idea would be to sign the Colombian/Venezuelan centerback on a professional deal til 2024.

10. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    27-year-old Argentinos Juniors leftback Elías Gómez linked to River as a possible late transfer window reinforcement

https://lapaginamillonaria.com/rive...ega-a-ir-Fabrizio-Angileri-20210828-0005.html

El bicho had bought him from Rosario Central last year for just $300,000 after a free loan. Lets see how much they ask us for him...

On another note, Thomas Gutierrez ended up signing his first professional deal the other day, officially binding him to River until December 2024 :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

11. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    River turned down a $6M offer from Fenerbache for Fabrizio Angileri

https://www.ole.com.ar/river-plate/river-oferta-fenerbahce-rotundo_0_5rsOQ3le9.html

Kind of surprised tbh given Turco's age, but it appears they don't want to completely dismantle Gallardo's squad after selling Montiel. We'll have to see what happens at the end of the year though, as the former Godoy Cruz leftback still has the intention of playing in Europe and his chances will only get more and more limited as time passes.

On a completely unrelated note, I am surprised to see Jorge Moreira still hasn't signed with a club, considering he has been a free agent for 2 months now. I obviously wasn't expectitng him to sign with Real Madrid, but maybe MLS, an Aldosivi/Gimnasia, or even a return back home to Libertad or another Paraguayan club... yet, nothing..... I'm starting to believe the rumors I heard a while back about him having alcoholism problems, because if not it's so strange to see no one picking up a former NT player and multiple-time club champion on a free.

Ron Mexico repped this.
  12. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If any offers come for Carrascal. I hope they take the first offer.

locoxriver repped this.
  13. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He'll be here til atleast 2022, since the majority of the transfer windows just closed.

The only options, if I'm not mistaken, are Russia/Turkey (close next week) and Mexico (closes later in September from my understanding). I haven't heard of any talks happening though, so it's unlikely something from one of those leagues would appear so late.

14. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don’t mind him leaving for free either.

Plz someone take him. Lol

locoxriver repped this.
  15. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    @Ron Mexico (what happened to da droop btw?), looks like Teo is on the same page as you about Carrascal needing to get his shit together

[​IMG]

16. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Damn right!

Dadroop died with my younger years. Lol

locoxriver repped this.
  17. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    David Martinez's agent on the future of the 23-year-old defender:

“En diciembre creo que va a haber margen de negociación entre Defensa y River. El contrato es hasta el 31 de Diciembre, mi pensamiento es que River lo va a terminar comprando por el rendimiento que tuvo, veo difícil que vuelva a Defensa”.

Asimismo, afirmó que el deseo de su representado es continuar en el Millonario: “David quiere quedarse en River y en diciembre se verá entre los clubes, si River lo compra o no. La decisión siempre la toma el jugador, a David River le hizo muy bien, es un club grande. Llega una edad del jugador que lo económico pesa mucho más, si se queda un año más en River no va a haber problema, es joven y puede quedarse, pero si llega algo de afuera, se verá”.
    Tbh I still see him heading elsewhere (assuming an offer comes through from abroad), but I'm glad to hear David wants to stay.

Another option that has been floating around recently is the possibility of River renewing the loan for another year in exchange for sending DyJ a few players on loan.

Ron Mexico repped this.
  18. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Benfica eyeing 18-year-old youth product Lucas Monzon

The centerback has yet to sign a professional deal with River, so the Portuguese are trying to steal him on a free. :thumbsdown: Hopefully he decides to stay..

Ron Mexico repped this.
  19. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sampdoria made an inquiry regarding Santiago Simon, although at the moment River has no intentions of selling him (barring an offer that can’t be turned down).

The 19-year-old signed his first professional contract earlier this year, which expires December 2022 and contains a $20M release clause.

20. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Jeeze, if Santiago Simon goes for $20mm, what is Julian's value?!?!

locoxriver repped this.
  21. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I really hope we don’t let him go for anything cheap. This kid is really special.

Loco and locoxriver repped this.
  22. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That's if we even cash in on Simon... the scary part is that he only has one year left on his contract and could realistically leave on a free if he chooses to. Whoever wins the election in December will have to get to work on renewing his contract ASAP.

Gallardo was praising the hell out of the kid just last week:

"No se le levantan los pases del piso. La ubicación, encontrar espacios en terrenos minados de piernas adversarias, la velocidad...”. Parte del enorme elogio de Marcelo Gallardo para Santiago Simón tras el clásico ante San Lorenzo se enfocó en describir, de una manera particular, las cualidades del volante de 19 años para realizar la acción más elemental del fútbol: entregarle la pelota a un compañero. “Parece simple pero no lo es”, explicó el Muñeco, precisamente un experto en la materia cuando usaba los cortos.

“Eso habla de un gran entendimiento del juego”, agregó el deté, deslumbrado con las condiciones futbolísticas, físicas y mentales del polifuncional joven que la rompió en el superclásico​

23. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Monterrey looking at Jorge Carrascal (also being monitored by Russian and Turkish teams)... pleaaase take him.

Speaking of Mexican clubs, Cruz Azul are also interested in Paulo Diaz, although it seems River doesn't intend on selling him. I'm a bit split on this... when he's on form he's a top defender, but then he has regular ********-ups that make you want to kill him, so idk if I'd be that bothered by a transfer tbh. However, with David Martinez's future still undecided (his loan ends in a few weeks) and Maidana/Pinola being way past their prime, we'd definitely have to seek a reinforcement in that position if he leaves. Hell, even if the Chilean stays it wouldn't be bad to incorporate a solid CB anyway.

Enrique Bologna, whose contract expires at the end of the month, has received offers to continue his career elsewhere from other teams in Primera. However, there is a good chance he will sign an extension and stay in River. German Lux, on the other hand, still hasn't decided if he will retire, but has already received an offer from the club to work as a youth goalkeeper trainer in our inferiores.

In terms of reinforcements, River are already in talks with Shenzen to attempt to seal the return of Juan Fernando Quintero on loan and fulfill Gallardo his first "wish" after the confirmation of his contact renewal.

Another name being looked at (although a formal offer hasn't been made yet) is Fabian Angel, a 20-year-old Colombian midfielder who plays for Junior. He made his professional debut last year and has formed part of several Colombian youth NT rosters. In fact, he was even called-up to the senior NT earlier this year when they formed a side composed strictly of domestic players.

Kevin MacAllister, the 24-year old rightback who had a brief loan stint with Boca during the 2018-19 season, is also on the radar, with Argentinos Juniors confirming contact from River regarding a possible move.

River has also been interested in Facundo Farias for a while now, but have desisted from moving forward with any negotiations after Colon requested $10M for his transfer.

Ron Mexico, Loco and balazsriver10 repped this.
  24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Rumor has it that besides Juan Fernando Quintero, Emmanuel Mammana could be making a return

The 25-year-old centerback barely got any playing time in Sochi this season (60 minutes total spread across 4 games), where he's on loan, and only has 6 months remaining on his deal with Zenit. Apparently he's trying to rescind his contract early and return as a free agent, although there is also the possibility River could negotiate a small fee with the Russians.

megamac20817 repped this.
  25. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    "El día que tenga la posibilidad de volver, no lo voy a pensar dos veces," Emanuel Mammana se subió al avión con la ilusión por las nubes. Después de disputar el último partido del 2021 con el Sochi, y, de paso, estar un poco más cerca de Núñez.

"Rechacé algunos contratos para tener la posibilidad de volver, así que ojalá Dios quiera que se dé", expresó el central de 25 años, que si bien aclaró que "el año que viene quedó libre" y que se entrenará en estos días de descanso para volver al Sochi y sumar "la mayor cantidad de minutos posibles" tras agarrar algo de ritmo en los últimos encuentros, en su corazón sabe que existe la chance de que no regrese a Rusia.

"Se hace un poco difícil estar afuera. Por el cariño, el amor que uno tiene por el club y el momento lindo que tiene River, me gustaría mucho tener esa posibilidad. De River te ilusiona todo, cómo juega el equipo, a Marcelo (Gallardo) que ya lo conozco, Sé la clase de entrenador y ganador que es y el club también. Creo que todos los que se van de River quieren volver porque es un club increíble y no podés no querer volver", remarcó en charla con TyC Sports.

"Me fui siendo joven y aproveché la oportunidad, pero quizás hubiese sido lindo afianzarme y quedarme un poco más. A los más chicos les digo que mejor aguantar un poco más porque lo que pasa en River es increíble", cerró el central, que aterrizó en la Argentina con el deseo de desarmar la valija y quedarse en Núñez...​

https://www.ole.com.ar/river-plate/river-posible-regreso-emmanuel-mammana_0_YtXJTYGpa.html

megamac20817 repped this.