Mercado de Pases 2017 (River Plate TRANSFER News)

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Jan 5, 2017.

1. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Honestly beating Moron is not an achievement. I am disgusted by this dirigencia who is going to claim we're in "another final"... who gives two shits about this copa argentina?! I'm glad we're winning, but we blew it in the games that mattered, and D'Onofrio and Francescoli did that by bringing in piss poor, and thats being generous, reinforcements, that and the likes of Casco they brought in before

2. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Don't get me started on the Barovero deal. That gets my blood boiling even more.

locoxriver repped this.
  3. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate

And what did they say their priority was, the Copa Libertadores. I don't know how anyone could vote for D'Onofrio again. If I could vote next month it wouldn't be for him. But, he'll most likely win again and we'll end up bringing in mediocre players .

4. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Some of it is the director's sitting on money, but some of it is the player's lies too... Barovero claimed he left for personal reasons and he sited his family's security... Yet he went to Mexico... and his daughter was born in Argentina, and I am fairly sure he lives in Arg in off season... While also not a serious league, Mexico is also a dangerous country. Much higher murder rate there than in Arg, yet for a couple grand more, Sanchez and Barovero went crying.

I have no problem if people saw they only care about money... They can realistically only earn until they're about 35, but tell us, don't say you're leaving for security then go to a less secure country... Many Argies and Uruguayos have gone and ended up being stars for the national team, thats not bad, but just be honest

5. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The "peace" Barovero cited as the reason for leaving wasn't security, it was pressure: Barovero left because he didn't want to continue having to live up to the pressure of being River's goalie, and he moved to a decent but second-tier club in Mexico as a result. Let's not forget that Barovero got his first ever "big club" experience pretty late, and he never seemed comfortable.

Seeing Sanchez leave though was especially difficult; I think Enzo Perez is the closest we've gotten to replacing him, but it was a long process.

locoxriver repped this.
  6. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Gallardo is considering bringing in 20-year-old Colombian defensive midfielder Kevin Balanta (Deportivo Cali) as an alternative for Ponzio. Damian Musto, while not a priority, is also an option to reinforce the midfield.

Up front, Luciano Vietto was offered to River, after failing to find a spot in Atletico Madrid. He has failed to live up to expectations in Europe, although showed promise in his early days (another Borre?). Lucas Pratto remains the priority (followed by Silvio Romero and Franco Soldano).

As for the goal, Nahuel Guzman is once again the target, although his arrival would depend in large part on his personal insistence to leave Tigres. Mariano Andujar and Franco Armani are alternatives, although neither of the two fully convinces Muneco. Personally, of those three I'd definitely go for Armani, although really nobody is convincing anymore after the high standard set by Barovero :(

RiverGaucho and Ron Mexico repped this.
  7. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Silvio Romero's chances growing, after Pratto was declared nontransferable by Sao Paulo.

The real good news, though, is that Necaxa inquired about Milton Casco (praise the lord!)... For now, no formal offer, but the interest is there. Looks like Barovero is trying to return us a favor.

8. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So apparently we offered 4 million for Romero... Oh brother. More of the same :thumbsdown: Four million dollars for a guy who has 3 goals in 15 games in a far easier league in Mexico where even Funes Mori is a big star.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/mercado-de-pases-2017-river-plate-transfer-news.2037990/page-8

Other news is the possibility of Augusto Fernandez. :cautious: Did we not learn our lesson with Lollo and Larroto?

http://lapaginamillonaria.com/river...etico-de-madrid-se-acerca-en-silencio-a-river

I know these are just rumors so far, but I certainly am not even remotely excited about the possibility of either of these two players arriving.

9. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Who would you go after? We'd all love another Alario, but it isn't easy to find a player of that caliber in the market... if they're great goleadores, their club won't want to let them go.... if they're promising youngsters, they won't satisfy River's current need of a solid goalscorer that will score from the get-go.

I don't think Silvio Romero is that bad... he might not be going through the greatest of moments in America, but neither was Benedetto, who was hated by the Mexican fans and then went on to completely tear it up at Boca. Preferably I'd make an intent for Guido Carrillo, but he seems to be getting a fair amount of playing time in France, so I don't know if he'd want to leave Monaco. Other than that who is there that's accessible? Teo?

On a completely random note, sucks that Keko never stayed... Boy was he much better than Auzqui and Borre.

megamac20817 repped this.
  10. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sevilla preparing a 9 million euro offer for Ignacio Nacho Fernandez..

If he goes, he'll be joining one of Europe's most Argentinean squads (Mercado, Correa, Banega, Pizarro, Pareja, and Montoya)

11. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Julio Buffarini on the radar... It's important to point out that Boca wants him as well, though, and Guillermo has already spoken personally with him.

12. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It remains to be seen how Mayada will play when he does finally return after such a lay off, but to you see Buffarini as an upgrade over him? Personally, I don't...

locoxriver repped this.
  13. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Jonathan Maidana being linked to a move to an MLS club. It would be the ideal time for him to depart, as he clearly is no longer up to par and shouldn't further tarnish his image. His mission's complete.. thank you, and good luck.

Alexander Barboza rumored to be wanted by Colo Colo. I don't think Gallardo or the fans would disavow of this move, so if the Chileans really want him, it'll most likely go through.

Gonzalo Pity Martinez wanted by multiple clubs. An offer from Flamengo was turned down for being insufficient ($5,000,000 for 50%), while Sporting Lisbon is still negotiating his move (their initial $8,000,000 bid was rejected -- they are now considering buying just a percentage). America (MEX) is also interested in the former Huracan midfielder.

Heinze interested in incorporating Milton Casco for his new Velez. I don't see it prospering though, as River will probably want a few million, and I don't see the Liniers side paying up. The Mexico move is more realistic.

Lucas Menossi (Tigre) is a new candidate to reinforce River's defensive midfield. He adds his name to the list of possible 5's, which also includes Damian Musto and Kevin Balanta. If he arrives, lets hope he's not another Arzura. @SupaMario how do you rate this guy?

Ron Mexico and megamac20817 repped this.
  14. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The MLS offer for Jonathan Maidana has been confirmed: it is Orlando City that is interested in him.

Maidana is analyzing it, not from a financial aspect, but because he does not feel up to par physically for River/Argentine football at this stage of his career.

15. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He's given the club and us fans more than anyone has a right to expect from him, 7 rock solid years and 9 titles. He's earned the title of idolo as well as a lucrative retirement.

Ron Mexico and locoxriver repped this.
  16. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I rate Arzura more than Menossi. But don't take that as a bad thing. I don't think Arzura got a fair shot at River, IMO. Perhaps the only thing I'd give Menossi over Arzura is his shot and he has a lethal shot and with both feet. Menossi's a hardworker, he won't lose the ball,tackles and passes well, there is talent there and is the only player that truly stands out from this side.

I'm a little surprised that River would be interested, I felt that his time at El Matador was winding down and would've gone to a team that is more of a "middle of a table" team then perhaps make the jump to one of the "grandes" if he cotninued to ptogress. I believe he needs to be given time for him to make his mark.

Who knows though, I thought Arzura would've made an instant impact.

RiverGaucho and locoxriver repped this.
  17. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lucas Zelarayan -- Pity 2.0 --- Yes or no?

Looks like River is going to attempt to acquire him on loan. If Tigres only wants a sale, they'll try buying a percentage of his transfer.

Silvio Romero and Damian Musto, also currently in the Mexican league, appear as the strongest candidates to arrive at the moment.

18. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Good for Maidana.

I remember his first goal against Boca after being an ex-bostero. Dude, gave no fvcks about his former shitty club and solidified his allegiance to the Nuñez Millionaires. He deserves a nice retirement package.

megamac20817 and locoxriver repped this.
  19. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    D'Onofrio trying to get Gallardo his man -- $6,000,000 offer submitted for 50% of Lucas Pratto's transfer, approximately the same amount Sao Paulo paid Atletico Mineiro for him about a year ago (record fee among Brazilian clubs).

Now, we wait...

Damian Musto is accessible (transfer worth approx 2 million), but what might complicate his arrival is Racing's new interest in him. While in River he would have to fight for a spot with Ponzio, in Avellaneda he'd be a guaranteed starter. Plus, he has a good relationship with Chacho Coudet (new Racing DT), who coached him in both Rosario Central and Tijuana.

Sporting Lisbon have offered Alan Ruiz to both River and Boca, and the Portuguese will attempt to include him in their offer for Gonzalo Pity Martinez.

Players out? Augusto Batalla is practically set to join Atletico Tucuman on loan, while Estudiantes have inquired about the possibility of recovering Carlos Auzqui (of course, they only want a loan). Oh well, just take them..

In other news, Lucas Martinez Quarta just renewed his contract with River, with a new, elevated buyout clause of €22,000,000.

20. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Apparently, Musto is very close to River. Some people in twitter are saying that the deal is actually completed for, as loco said above, somewhere between 2-2.5 million dollars. Its not the kind of signing that gets you excited, but he is a much better option than Rossi who was a horrible back up for Ponzio.

In other news, Buffarini already completed his medical with the Bosteros and will be available when they start their preseason training at the start of the new year. It seems like every year we are so behind the game in getting in reinforcements in time for the preseason training camp.

Lastly, LPM is selling more smoke that Sergio Romero, Argentina's #1 since 2009, yet an eternal back up for his clubs, is being mentioned with River:

http://lapaginamillonaria.com/river...nuidad-para-seleccion-y-vuelve-a-sonar-en-riv

I think this is complete smoke for a few reasons, one being financial limitations River has. Secondly, not being a starter has never trouble Romero before. He never "looked for continuity" before the world cup in 2010 or 2014, or any of the many copa americas we've had since then. So why would he all the sudden, after 9 years as the starter, see his spot in jeopardy? If Sampaoli really was going to replace him, he would have done so in friendlies he had back in june 2017, not for the world cup itself.

So, in conclusion, i'd say there is a .005% chance he ends up at River. And I wouldn't want him anyway. I'd much rather have Armani who would be a signing for the next 3-5 years, while Romero, in the virtually nonexistent chance that he'd come, would only be for a six month loan, which would leave us in the same boat for the second half of the Libertadores.

So, I think the directors need to go all out for Armani and get him in ASAP so he can get working with the defenders the whole preseason. We're all depressed about how the last season ended, but had anyone but Lux or Battalla been in goal against Lanus, I feel we would be the reigning Libertadores champions, which is why its imperative we get him.

Jorge Almiron, ex Lanus boss, is now in charge of Atletico Nacional and is intent on him staying, but if River puts the money on the table, Armani will be a River player IMO

megamac20817 and locoxriver repped this.
  21. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Musto was apparently a done deal until a rumor began circulating that he had tested positive for a banned substance in June, when he was still a Central player. Thing is, Rosario Central has come out and publicly said that he wasn't given anything at the time, and pointed out that these decisions are usually informed within 30 days, not 6 months later, calling it all "very odd".

AFAno indeed... hopefully this gets resolved favorably and Musto can still make his transfer, but otherwise, we're now going to have to scramble for a new midfielder, with Tigre's Menossi and Junior's Balanta as the main targets. Personally, I'd give Marcone a shout as well, but we might be priced out on him because of the River surcharge.

RiverGaucho repped this.
  22. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Latest development in Musto's case: no official notification was ever sent, and he started yesterday for Xolos. "Todo muy raro".

In happier news, Armani seems to be on his way to River! Negotiations with Pratto are still ongoing, but it's looking like it'll be the most expensive transfer in the club's history.

locoxriver repped this.
  23. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The Armani signing is very exciting. Finally, we will have a goalkeeper who will be up to the task. Battalla has already joined Atletico Tucuman, but I wonder what will happen to Lux and Bologna. It seems overkill to have two 30 something goalkeepers on our roster. Not to mention the fact that Lux is probably very highly paid.

In other news, LPM is reporting that Guarani's Uruguayan midfielder Marcelo Palau, who scored against us in the Libertadores, is very close to joining River.

http://lapaginamillonaria.com/river...arcelo-palau-esta-muy-cerca-de-llegar-a-river

He isn't a replacement for Musto, as he is more of a mixed/box to box midfielder. Even though he scored against us, I honestly don't remember him and the signing seems a bit strange. We need to prioritize a back up for Ponzio who we know isn't going to be up to playing twice a week and Rossi is not a useful replacement.

locoxriver and megamac20817 repped this.
  24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina