Mercado de Pases 2017 (River Plate TRANSFER News)

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Jan 5, 2017.

1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I still blame our dirigencia for not registering any names with AFA last week... We all knew that Alario was going to leave the minute Bayer expressed initial interest. I know negotiations take a while, but it wouldn't have hurt to submit a few names to be able to negotiate for....

Carrillo, Silvio Romero, and Boselli would have been great... There's Facundo Ferreyra, although I doubt the Ukranian side would want to sell him given his numbers this last season. Worth a try, though.. Maxi Romero thinking in the future? I understand all of the above would have been difficult since D'Onofrio probably isn't trying to splurge, but even then there has to be some smaller name CF out there. Salinas had previously been offered... I know, not top of the line, but we could use any alternative up front as Larroto is our only 9 right now. German Denis? Not saying as an indisputable starter, but to play a Ivan Alonso-type of role.

Still, I agree -like everyone else- that it would have been much better to know about this a month ago... Zampedri might have been the ideal replacement (Central signed him in July for only $2M), or even Teo Gutierrez could have returned for pennies.

At this point, if we bring anyone (unlikely), it'd have to be an Argentine national who is a free agent.. LPM mentioned el burrito Martinez, Farias, and Facundo Parra. No thank you, I'll pass.. Parra a few years ago could have worked, but he has been terrible for the last few seasons.

Y si le pegamos una llamadita a Cavegol? o_O

2. manu chao

manu chao Member

Partizan Beograd
    Argentina
    Apr 10, 2017
    Let's be realistic, Barca could not save Neymar and it's logical that River can not save Alario. Tobias Figueroa from Brown (PM) and F. Fydriszewski from Lugo ex Argentinos are interesting options. Or they could take Abila or Marcelo Torres on loan from Boca.

3. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Tobias Figueroa just moved to Belgrano..

And are you kidding me... now way in hell Boca would loan out a player to River, especially Abila...

4. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It was very nice of Alario to come out and apologize for the photo he took with the Leverkusen shirt while still under contract with River.

I definitely forgive him for all he gave the club, I just can't get over how bad the timing was. Just when it looked like we were going to retain him, the Germans showed up.

A name I am hearing is Dario Cvitanich :eek: He has a past with Boca and his wife is a model/tv personality here and she is a massive Boca fan, that and he clearly returned to Argentina to return to his beloved Banfield, so I see it as pretty unlikely but who knows

megamac20817 repped this.
  5. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What is Mauro Zarate up to these days? :D. Yeah, he's Velez through and though but he tore up the league the last time he was here. He's rotting on the bench in England.

It really was a shame that you guys lost Alario and Driussi within a month or so of each other.

locoxriver repped this.
  6. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    I might be in the minority here, but I don't want $Alario to ever return. Both him and his hijo de puta agent handled this move the wrong way. It would different if this was December, but not before River have a couple of important games in the Libertadores. Just like Teo, you don't abandon your teammates when you're in the middle or near the end of an important tournament. I hope he rots in the Bundesliga. Fock him

Don't get me wrong though, I also fault Gallardo, D'Onofrio, Francescoli, Brito, and Patanian as well. They should've saw this coming.

7. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The similarities between the two cases is striking. Both were organized completely by scumbag agents, don't forget Efrain Pachon Teo's representative who were demanding the "vergolagas" in cash.

I think the feeling of many fans on the transfer will be determined in the Libertadores. If we win and Borre and De La Cruz becoming the Alario of 2015, Alario will basically be forgotten, but if we get knocked out by Wilstermann or even worse San Lorenzo... People will be blaming Alario for abandoning the team.

I just have trouble believing we couldn't make an arrangement like Kranevitter in 2015 with Atletico who allowed him to stay until December.

locoxriver repped this.
  8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The thing is River never negotiated with Leverkusen. Hell, the transfer money was deposited in AFA's account since River wouldn't even provide a banking number to the Germans.

This was clearly done for D'Onofrio to rinse his hands and say "we never wanted to sell him, but the player chose to use his buyout clause".... Maybe if they sat down to talk with Leverkusen, we could have held on to him til the end of the year. Of course, though, they didn't want to take responsibility for Alario's departure (much like this dirigencia has villainized other players that left in the past -- Carlos Sanchez, Teo, Vangioni, Rojas, etc)

9. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    22-year-old Paraguayan forward Walter Gonzalez linked to a possible move to River in December, according to Olimpia's president.

10. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I hear Pity Martinez's agent is pushing for an exit in December. With his form over the last year and his transfer release clause being only 15 million, I doubt there will be a lack of interested parties.

11. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well... he's earned it, as much as he's earned a new-found respect and support from the fans. 15 million dollars/euros for Pity would be an amazing return on the originally exorbitant-sounding 40 million pesos, a nearly 6-time return on investment.

locoxriver repped this.
  12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The previously unannounced numbers of Rafael Santos Borre's transfers are in, and it seems we paid an exuberant figure for him:
    3,500,000 euros for 50% of his transfer plus an obligation to buy another 25% for an additional 3.5M if we don't sell him by January 2019. :eek:

In other words, if he stays in River for a little over a year --which he probably will--, he will cost the club 7,000,000 euros (excluding salaries), and we still won't even own his full transfer. An unheard of investment for an Argentine club, more so considering he is an unproven "experiment"

It is still very early in his career in River, and I have faith in the kid, but up to now he has been significantly underwhelming, and his numbers last season at Villarreal don't help either (3 goals all year). He's not exactly a pibe who's making his first steps either: yes, young and green, but he's 22... Driussi is barely 21, for instance, and has already conquered everything. Alario was 22 when he arrived from Colon and immediately made an impact in the Libertadores. We're not talking about a 17-18 year old.

So while there's still a lot of faith in the kid (his time at Deportivo Cali is said to have been very good), he really needs to step on the pedal and begin making more of an impression ASAP. Perhaps before these numbers were released there was a bit more patience, but now the pressure is on.

RiverGaucho and Ron Mexico repped this.
  13. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Its incredible when you read these things. Not only is it an absurd amount for Borre who is unproven, but then when you also remember the millions spent on Larrondo, Lollo, Casco, and Auzqui...

Yet, when it comes to giving someone like Carlos Sanchez, a proven player who almost never got injured arguably the key player in a Libertadores and Sudamericana, a pay raise, theres no money y "no podemos competir con los mercados extranjeros" :rolleyes:

locoxriver and Ron Mexico repped this.
  14. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Rumors are that Dario Cvitanich will join River for the semis of the Libertadores and stay until June 2018. Great signing, which we could have been made earlier had Alario given us time but oh well. Better late then never... VAMOOSSS!!!!

15. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think the club is in a better position now than it was then, and it's also true that paying salaries in dollars is a lot easier now than it was in 2015.

16. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I like Dario Cvitanich and apparently he wants to join River, but the fact that Banfield wants $6 million for a 33-year-old is laughable, to say the least.

megamac20817 and Ron Mexico repped this.
  17. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL Banfield saying the only way they'll release Dario Cvitanich (who will be turning 34 before the current season ends), is through his $10,000,000 transfer clause :laugh:

Mejor....

I'd much rather go for Paolo Guerrero in December with that money.

18. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Walter Montoya's agent has reached out to River and Boca to see if either party is still interested in the former Rosario Central winger, who isn't in consideration in Sevilla (.. shocking, I know :rolleyes:). It'll be up to Gallardo if he still wants him, but first we must see if Muñe continues past January

19. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well... if we sell Pity, would it be such a bad shout?

The #1 priority has to be a goalkeeper though. The club is too big for "projects" that aren't good enough to start, and too important to accept mediocrity from players at their "peak".

locoxriver repped this.
  20. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    7 million euros for Borre...

!!

Someone release these mysterious video tapes they sent Muñeco

21. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Clearly the positions to reinforce are: GK, DMF (5), and CF (9). An extra left-back (alternative for Saracchi, get rid of Casco) and an attacking midfielder could also be useful, but those 3 positions are a must for January

22. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lets not forget, that before he decided to return to his home town club, Teo had made it clear he wanted to return to River. In fact, he wanted to return before he went to Rosario Central, but much like the situation with Vangioni, the club turned him down.

https://www.ole.com.ar/futbol-internacional/teo-campeon-gol-junior-copa-colombia_0_1903009707.html

Teo guarantees us goals and we know the shirt doesn't weight heavily on him, but instead look at the unseemly sums of money we spent on Larrondo, Auzqui, and Borre

23. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You're right:

7 million for Borre (assuming he stays for a year, since its hard to imagine even a slight interest for him with this form)

3.3 million for Larrondo

2.7 million for Auzqui

Total: 13 million for 3 muertos.

We might have as well kept Driussi with all that money... putting it it into further perspective, the sum we received for Alario was inferior than what we spent on these three scrubs

For all the good this dirigencia has done, they really make you scratch your head with some of the deals they do... like selling Pezzella, one of the biggest defensive prospects to come out of the club in decades, for 2 million, and then spending nearly 4 to replace him with an old Lollo who couldn't even pass his medical.

Speaking of Pezzella, man would he have been a star in this team had he stayed. I'm sure if he knew Funes Mori would be sold just a month later he probably wouldn't have left. Boy could we use him seeing Pinola and Maidana's pathetic form these last few games.

RiverGaucho, megamac20817 and Ron Mexico repped this.
  24. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    I don't know all the details into the Carlos Sanchez departure, but what I do know is this, not getting a single $ for a player that won the South American POTY award is reprehensible. That, and not bringing in a goalkeeper with the same qualities as Barovero, in my opinion, has been this "dirigencias" two worst decisions/transactions.

25. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Don't forget that Barovero was also let go on a free transfer, which was equally as criminal as letting Sanchez leave