Mercado de Pases 2016 (River Plate TRANSFER News)

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Dec 3, 2015.

1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    2016 Summer window transfer updates

Krannevitter's replacement:
    Joaquin Arzura of Tigre is a possibility. The 22-year-old defensive midfielder is being valued at $2,500,000, a reachable figure, although Gaston Gil Romero (Estudiantes) remains as the main priority at the moment.

Agustin Alayes, ex-River player and current manager of Estudiantes, confirmed the negotiations for Gil Romero and further opened the possibility of a transfer by mentioning that he "gets along well with Gallardo, as does Veron with River's board", but also clarified that he is an "expensive player who is also being watched by other clubs"

New forwards:
    Gallardo wants to reinforce the frontline after it became obvious how limited we are in that position while Alario was out injured this semester. Ignacio Scocco is said to be close: Newell's still owe Sunderland 4 more payments of $600,000 for his transfer, something that along with Nacho's salary is putting the Rosario club in an unstable financial situation. River would be willing to takeover the payments and Scocco would have no problem moving to the club he is a fan of, but it is unclear if Newell's wants an additional compensation on top of that for the deal. At the moment, he seems to be close to finally putting on la banda.

Silvio Romero, the big target from the previous transfer window, is still one of River's obsessions and D'Onofrio will make yet another attempt to acquire him. After an ok start in Chiapas in the first half of the year, he is now tearing up the Mexican league following the post-Libertadores transfer novela. His ten goals and 8 assists during this second half of the year have made him a fan favorite and has given him the label of one of the best attacking players in the league.

He recently stated that "Jaguares está mal económicamente y necesita venderme" ("Jaguares is in a poor economic state and needs to sell me"), while his coach and ex-Boca icon ( :ROFLMAO:) Ricardo Lavolpe gave him the green light to join El Mas Grande...

"Yo le dije a Romero: 'Si te vas por una cuestión deportiva, andá a River'. Es un gran equipo... En una reunión general les comenté a los jugadores que quien se quiera quedar qué bueno y quien pretenda tener otros horizontes, adelante"
    ("I told Romero 'If you leave (Chiapas) for footballistic motives, join River'. They are a great team.. I told the players in a general meeting that he who wants to stay, great... and he wants to leave is more than welcome to")

The president of the team, however, took a firmer stand and said that the ex-Lanus isn't going anywhere ("Romero isn't going to River, nor any other team. He is one of our pillars and he will stay another season")

Remember, 6 months ago neither Romero nor Lavolpe were opposed to the transfer either, but the president himself made the move impossible. It could be the same exact scenario once again, but River will still submit an offer worth approximately $4,500,000 to try to tempt the Mexican side.

Midfield reinforcements:

Ignacio Fernandez
    appears as River's main target to replace Carlos Sanchez. River made a player-exchange+cash offer for the 25-year-old midfielder, but Gimnasia want $3,000,000 (no players included) for the winger who is also being sought by San Lorenzo, among other clubs. Emiliano Rigoni, wanted by Gallardo in previous windows, is an alternative despite having had a major drop in his form and now being a sub in Belgrano. His hypothetical transfer fee would be similar to that of Fernandez.

Defensive reinforcements:
    Not much is being said regarding the strengthening of the backline, which has been one of River's biggest weakpoints since Ramiro Funes Mori's departure to Everton in June.

Martin Demichelis is still interested in making a return, although the dirigentes will not move forward with negotiations until Gallardo expresses his desire to acquire him, something he has yet to do. At the moment, Micho will remain in Man City, although Eduardo Coudet has already publicly expressed his intense desire to have him join Rosario Central during this transfer window.

Servio Vittor (Banfield) was offered, although for now he is merely an option rather than a possibility.

Those at the club:

Jonathan Maidana
    extended his contract til June 2019 today. With 30 years of age and nearly 6 years at the club, one would imagine that this means the centerback plans on retiring in River.

On the other hand, it seems River have decided to not renew Augusto Solari's contract. His agent is already actively looking for a new club for the 23-year-old. Velez and Newell's appear as options.

On the topic of contract renewals, it is still not clear what will happen with Marcelo Barovero, Eder Alvarez Balanta, and Lionel Vangioni, whose contracts are due to expire in June 2016. Francescoli already made it clear that River does not plan on taking any player to January's pre-season training if they haven't sorted out their contractual situations. Vangioni is once again being linked to Milan (a 2.5 million euro offer is said to exist), while interest for Barovero and Balanta would not be difficult at all to generate. Will we see them leave following the Club World Cup?

Lastly, River just made use of the option they had to buy an additional 30% of Lucas Alario's transfer at the end of the year from Colon for $1,000,000 (the clause was established when he first arrived). River now owns 60% of the transfer of the forward who immediately made a name for himself through important goals in the 2015 Copa Libertadores.

Ron Mexico and balazsriver10 repped this.
  2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Emiliano Rigoni (Belgrano) getting close to River: the winger is being linked on a $2,000,000 deal for 60% of his transfer rights. The surprise is that 22-year-old rightback Renzo Saravia could also join River as part of the deal. Some argue that the price tag is a bit excessive, especially considering that neither of the two are currently starters for the Pirata. Gallardo had specifically requested Rigoni's arrival in past transfer windows, but since then his form has gone long downhill. Another Bertolo-type situation?

In other news, Veron confirmed that Gaston Gil Romero's transfer to River is "on track" and close to being finalized.

Although a final agreement has yet to be sealed regarding Rigoni and Gil Romero's respective moves to el millo, it seems River has already decided on who they plan on replacing Carlos Sanchez and Kranevitter with in 2016.

RiverGaucho, megamac20817 and Ron Mexico repped this.
  3. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Is this a joke?

LPM claims Nico Domingo spoke with Gallardo and practically has everything set to return to River. :confused:

Look, I liked the kid back in 2006 when he was showing promise as a young, possible successor of the historic #5 jersey, but he's turning 31 in a few months and never finished exploding. There's a reason we got rid of him on a free transfer a few years ago.

Now to be honest, he's still probably a few steps above Guido Rodriguez, but could he really be considered a "reinforcement" if he arrives? Much more considering we're trying to defend the Libertadores title.

I thought they learned after the mistakes they made during the last transfer window, but some of these names that are going around take me back to the Aguilar era.o_O

Ron Mexico repped this.
  4. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    I hope it's a joke. What do you think about Cirigliano? I know he played only 7 matches and 430 minutes at MLS, but he was one of the biggest talents a few years ago. He is 100x better than Domingo and Guido Rodriguez. We could build up him again. I think he has to get another chance.

5. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    On a radio interview in Colombia, Atletico Nacional coach Reinaldo Rueda mentioned that 27-year-old Colombian NT defensive midfielder Alexander Mejia is headed to River:

"Antes que pensar en refuerzos tendría que pensar en incorporaciones... ¿Tenemos que hablar de refuerzos o de armar un equipo a nuevo? El día antes del juego ante Medellín, estaba vendido Murillo al Pachuca. Después, Yimmi Chará para Dorados de Sinaloa, y Mejía para River, y Duque para allá...", diálogo Rueda con 6AM Hoy por Hoy, de Caracol Radio

Mejia's transfer, however, is owned by Monterrey (MEX), who loaned him out to Atletico Nacional for a season. Not long ago it was mentioned that the Colombian could arrive to River as a form of compensation for Carlos Sanchez's transfer to the Mexican side... For now, though, we have yet to see the details of this transaction, if it does indeed end up going through.

6. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #6 locoxriver, Dec 18, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
    Regarding other transfers, Racing and Independiente have also begun negotiations for Emiliano Rigoni and could be getting a small lead in the race as River's dirigentes are currently in Japan for the CWC.

On the flip side, concerning transfers out, some Argentine clubs have inquired regarding the possible purchase of Nicolas Bertolo's transfer, but Gallardo plans on keeping him because he has hopes of recovering the ex-Banfield winger's best form.

One who could depart is Guido Rodriguez, who is wanted by Defensa y Justicia on loan. With Kranevitter leaving after the Barca final, one would imagine Guido would stay to finally fight for a spot, but now that Mejia and Domingo are getting near (not to mention that we still have Ponzio, and Gil Romero's arrival isn't discarded), he could be even more relegated than before. Leaving for a season could give him the minutes he is looking for..

Other youngsters that are being linked to loan deals are Sebastian Driussi to Gimnasia LP (Gallardo would not be opposed to this) and Leandro Vega to Newell's. Regarding Vega, I'd rather keep the pibe and send them back their useless Casco. :rolleyes:

Ron Mexico repped this.
  7. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yesterday Reinaldo rueda coach of nacional said that he think that his player alex mejia is on his way to river plate.

otherwise in mexico is this information........god save river...

RIVER EL MÁS GRANDE ‏@MasGrandeLejos 22h22 hours agoView translation
    En México, dan por hecho la llegada de Stefan Medina (central colombiano de 23 años) a River.

FutbolEntreLíneas MX ‏@FutbolElineasMx Dec 17View translation
    #NOTICIA Stefan Medina NO jugará en Pachuca, entérate por qué y en donde jugará. http://futbolentrelineas.co/#/post/stefan-medina-no-jugaria-con-los-tuzos-el-proximo-torneo…

8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  9. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Transfer market update 01/06:

- The first reinforcements have arrived, both to cover Kranevitter's vacant spot. After being contacted directly by Gallardo, Nicolas Domingo is set to begin his 4th cycle at River. The other DMF that will arrive is Joaquin Arzura from Tigre, who will cost approximately $1,500,000 for 60% of his transfer rights. Guido Rodriguez, on the other hand, could leave to Arsenal de Sarandi or another local side on loan, as he'll not only have to fight for a spot in the middle with the new arrivals, but also with two heavy names like Ponzio and Lucho Gonzalez.

- Ignacio Fernandez is close to becoming Carlos Sanchez's replacement, practically confirming the move with his words ("I am not interested in Botafogo's offer for me. I want to play for River. I'm not thinking of hearing a 'no'. [Gimnasia's board] promised me the move would go through.)"
    The sum agreed is expected to be around $2,500,000 for 80% of the transfer.

- Marcelo Barovero still has not renewed his contract and is rumored to have a firm stance on making a move as a free agent in June, though will remain a starter til then. Eder Alvarez Balanta could also have a similar future after being tempted by several European clubs, but in the case that he decides not to renew, River's board will heavily consider blocking any possible playing time for the Colombian until the end of his contract.

- Augusto Solari , who was about to be released as a free agent, ended up extending his contract with River but has gone out on loan to Estudiantes.

Ron Mexico repped this.
  10. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Why oh why is Nico Domingo returning to River?

Let's be honest none of these names are really exciting. Ignacio Fernandez certainly is an interesting player, but it remains to be seen if he'll put the shirt on and play i.e. Alario, whether he needs a long adaption period like Pity Martinez, or if he just completely sucks like Bertolo. I have faith in the kid, but we'll have to wait and see.

Scocco could be interesting, but he really has fallen off since his frustrating time in Brazil and England. He did score an amazing goal against us in el monumental though. Scocco is a player I've always liked and I've wanted him at River but I'm not sure if the timing is right.

Nico Domingo is just a disaster. What could Gallardo have seen in him?

Arzura is a player I know little about. @SupaMario got any info on the kid?

Ron Mexico repped this.
  11. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I like Arzura a lot. He plays at a 100% all the time, gives you everything, which at times cost be costly because he picks up cards quite often. I won't say reckless, I will just say he isn't scared to go for the tackle. He breaks up play, is fast and isn't scared to push forward. I know you consider some Tigre players who played for River as "failures" but I believe he'll do just fine for you guys.

12. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Good to hear. The interesting thing will be how Gallardo uses him. Ponzio will probably be his guy in the big games, plus you have Lucho to play along side him... Do you see Arzura as replacement for Ponzio, or as someone to accompany him him like Kranevitter.

It's not that I consider them failures out of spite, but even you've gotta admit Galmarini was a complete flop. Chino Luna wasn't so bad to be fai and I also really liked him (still do) Gonzalez Pirez was a pretty big train wreck, but he's still young and proved at Tigre he's still a talent.

Ron Mexico repped this.
  13. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He can play either or but I feel that he will accompany Ponzio. As I menitoned before, he is quite fast which allows him to go forward and track back to cover the gaps. Regardless however he will be deployed, sooner or later I believe he will be a regular starter for River.

RiverGaucho repped this.
  14. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It appears Javier Saviola has decided to leave River, concluding his second cycle at the club with 15 appearances and no goals.

This doesn't come as a surprise not just because he has severely underperformed, but also because Gallardo plans on making modifications to the game plan that would limit his playing time even more: el muñeco has realized that with the departures of Sanchez, Kranevitter, Funes Mori, Rojas, and even Teo and lanzini, the 2014-15 team that won everything has finally finished its run and a general renovation must be done to keep the team winning. He wants to meet with all the new faces before deciding a final formation, but for now he is thinking of playing a 4-2-3-1 (4 defender - 2 defensive mids - 3 more attacking midfielders - 1 forward). If he ends up opting for that tactical plan, Saviola's gametime would be nearly nullified, as Alario would be the starter and Mora (who has undeniably done 1000x more than saviola over the last year) would be the first option off the bench.... And then you still have to see if Scocco or another forward arrives.

Suerte conejo! It's a shame it didn't go the way we all wished it did, but at this stage all sides will benefit from the move

Ron Mexico repped this.
  15. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The story of saviola's second spell at River is really a tragedy. At times, he showed his quality, but the numbers don't lie. Loco- it was actually 16 games and no goals. Let's not forget, he got to start against the likes of Temperly, Crucero del Norte, Colon, Rafaela, Chicago, and other teams fighting just to stay in a 30 team league. And the service was not the issue, cavegol and alario had no problems scoring against teams he was either invisible or guilty of missing wide open goals (velez and the boca friendly in particular) hell even guido Rodríguez scored against rafaela.

I wish saviola luck in whatever he does but he is proof a bug name means nothing. We need to keep this in mind as the likes of Higuain, Falcao, Masche, etc reach their 30s.

Then again you have Lucho who is older than saviola and was playing in Qatar, yet was a huge boost to the team.

locoxriver and Ron Mexico repped this.
  16. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    ¡Bienvenido, Nacho!

[​IMG]

17. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lionel Vangioni has reached an agreement to remain a River player until the conclusion of the season in June. The former Newell's player has yet to confirm which team he will go to, but what is known is that he will leave as a free agent, just like Carlos Sanchez, Rojas, and Chichizola. In the past he has been linked to numerous Italian clubs (Milan, Torino, Fiorentina, etc), so one would imagine he has a good chance of playing in Serie A next season.

As a result of deciding to leave without compensation for the club, River has agreed to let him play the next 6 month in exchange for the canceling of a small debt as well as agreeing to nullify any hypothetical player bonuses he would claim in said time period (he was originally not going to be allowed to play until the end of his contract if he didnt sign).

Eder Alvarez Balanta's future, meanwhile, remains unknown. When it all seemed the Colombian was finally going to extend his link to the club, Corinthians (BRA) stepped in and are trying to convince him to leave on his own in June. At the moment, it's a 50/50 situation: he intended on signing a new deal, but the many $$$-loaded teams interested in him are making him rethink it all.

Marcelo Barovero, the third and last player in this contractual situation, has his sights set on new horizons at the moment. Although he discarded a possible move to Mexico in November, Veracruz (Villalva's team) are trying to seal an agreement for him to move there midyear. Regardless, he will not have a hard time attracting offers, much less as a free agent.

Two central midfielders will be leaving on loan to gain minutes:

Ezequiel Cirigliano, who just returned from an unsuccessful loan move with FC Dallas, will have his first experience wearing another Argentine club's jersey as he has agreed to join @SupaMario 's Tigre on loan (one would assume to cover Arzura's spot). He will be loaned to Camoranesi's team for one year, with an undisclosed transfer clause. Guido Rodriguez is also set for a loan move, but to Defensa y Justicia.

As for reinforcements, there are a few names going around..

Alejandro Donatti of Rosario Central appears as an accessible option to reinforce the defense. His contract includes a transfer clause of only $2,000,000, something Central's president has confirmed in recent hours ("if a team offers that figure, there's nothing we can do to reject it"). Walter Kannemann, another centerback, is Gallardo's target for the position. Still, he's far from Nuñez for the moment since his transfer would cost several millions (he is currently a starter in Mexico), making the move nearly impossible. Could the possibility of Martin Demichelis's return gain new life? River's board is said to be trying to convince Gallardo to allow his return.

Up front, Ignacio Scocco seems to have been ruled out after Newell's board repeatedly requested more than what River was offering. Facundo Ferreyra (former Banfield and Velez) is being named as an alternative, although in the case that he arrives it would almost surely be only on loan.

An attempt is also being made to acquire Jose Sosa, the former Estudiantes winger who was linked to River multiple times in the past. Sosa's agent confirmed the rumors, stating that River "made an important offer" but that Besiktas rejected it. However, he also stated that his client would not have any problems in returning to Argentina, before clarifying that he is one of the "big stars" in his current team and that they will want a decent sum for his move.

The Turkish side requested Jonathan Maidana's transfer as part of the deal, something River immediately rejected. For now, the hefty transfer fee is what's blocking his arrival, although the move is still not fully ruled out. Complicated.

Lastly, it looks like River won't be incorporating any foreign players during this window. Although the 4 slots were already full to begin with, they have been trying to nationalize Rodrigo Mora to free a spot (like they did with Sanchez in the past). However, the paperwork is being delayed, reason for which River MUST reinforce with only Argentine players.

18. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The way D'onfrios government is handling these free transfers is truly shocking. On one side, you can say what can you do? They offered Sanchez to be the highest paid player on the team and he said no. Vangioni was offered one of the best contracts and said no. Chichizola knew he'd be a back up and he preferred to be a starter in Italy Serie B than be Barovero's back up.

However, they need to change the approach. Start negotiating early for one. Force a player to sit 6 months if he doesn't sign. This will especially hurt player like Sanchez, Balanta, and Vangioni with national team ambitions.

Howeve, I don't see this happening at other clubs. When was the last time someone left boca for free? Or hell even Racing or Imdependiente? We're doing something very wrong here

I'm also blown away at the ease in which Independiente buys players. Rigoni was a river over target, as was tagliafico in the past, both arrived at el rojo without any drama. We can't even sign Scocco from Newell's who's the wrong side of 30 and coming off one of the worst seasons of his career.

Taib, locoxriver and Ron Mexico repped this.
  19. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    I read Teo's manager will meet with Enzo talking about the colombiano's return!

RiverGaucho repped this.
  20. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well actually, no contact has been made. Teo said various times he'd like to return in the future at some point.... His agent said today he's open to a return but he needs to get a phone call from Gallardo and/or Francescoli. As of now, River hasn't contacted him and no one from Teo's camp has called River. This is news straight off of ESPN here in Argentina

Obviously, I'd love Teo's return. Considering we only have Mora and Alario, Teo would be a dream.

Then there's also the part that everyone criticized Teo for being a mercenary (myself included) but in reality, he is the only one who left any money in River. Sanchez, Rojas, and Chichizola- soon to be followed by Barovero and Vangioni- will have left River without a dime.

Ron Mexico and locoxriver repped this.
  21. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I imagine accumulated debts are why odd things happen with certain players contracts and transfers. And more than just premios, the clubs broke. I can't get mad when they don't spend because I know its better than spending money they don't have. And without the president or the transportation mafia funneling us money its no surprise they can't spend like other clubs.

But they still have a good core, and always have good kids coming up. As well as Gallardo who I'd trust to raise my future children.

On the topic of Teo. I was happy when he left, and personally I don't like the guy, and don't particularly like how he plays. But it would be an upgrade to the squad and that's what most important to me. So if possible, bring him in. I believe River is still owed money from his transfer as well.

22. LaFuriaNolan

LaFuriaNolan Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Montréal
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looks like Mammana is on his way to Fiorentina for around 9M Euros. Gallardo wants Germán Conti as a replacement.

23. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't like this sale. For one, it means we need to get Conti, for another, we need to be able to field two competitive teams. Our group in the Copa involves altitude and a trip to Venezuela- we won't be able to field our first team in both competitions

Then there's the fact that we never reinvert the money we make on top level signings. We can't afford Teo despite 9 million euros from FM6, plus all the prize money from the trophies we've won, and it looks like we're going to sign a 36 year old Uruguayan.

balazsriver10 and Ron Mexico repped this.
  24. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This also just goes to show that money is really nothing to these European clubs. Fiorentina is a good club- but it's far from being one of Italy's biggest- yet they spend 10 million euros on a 19 year old back up defender.

What's more- he won't play for them either. Fiorentina is currently fighting for the title and they have an established defense.

It's quite frankly absurd

SupaMario repped this.
  25. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So much for that. Looks like the deal is off. The reports are saying that River continued to ask for 10ME but Fiorentina didn't give in.