Mehdi Taremi

Discussion in 'Iran' started by +PL+, Sep 22, 2016.

1. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Mehdi Taremi vs Sepahan PGPL 2016/2017

his first goal

[​IMG]

his second goal

[​IMG]

2. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Today, Taremi played selflessly and created more opportunities for other players vs Lekhwiya in ACL, instead of wasting those opportunities. Here is a video done by our PFDC media person, about Taremi's goals in 2016-2017 PGPL aka Persian Gulf Pro League. (credits goes to Nariman from PFDC)

3. bigsoccertst1

bigsoccertst1 Member+

United States
    Sep 22, 2017
    Question: given Taremi's 4-month ban by FIFA, is the Iranian national team at risk of losing its recent international matches by forfeit?

I see Taremi stopped playing on both Iranian and Asia Champions leagues after FIFA issued his ban on "all football-related activities" (~September 21, 2017).

Apparently, the Russian federation did not report Taremi's ineligibility to play, after he participated in the Russia-Iran friendly of October 10.

4. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    His ban is limited to club competitions, domestic and international.

5. bigsoccertst1

bigsoccertst1 Member+

United States
    Sep 22, 2017
    Reading the FIFA Disciplinary Code, a ban from "all football-related activity" includes all sport activity. It does not make distinctions between club and national team activities:
    https://resources.fifa.com/mm/docum...02/75/fifadisciplinarycode2017eng_neutral.pdf

Here is similar case to Taremi's suspension, for example:
    In February 2017, FIFA gave Turkish player Hakan Çalhanoğlu a 4-month ban for breach of contract with a former club:
    http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/baye...glu-four-month-ban/1l8onx2qk06ui1tlqzqli6t877

As result, Çalhanoğlu could not play for both club and country. He was absent from Turkey's Euro Qualifiers and friendlies (March 27 2017 - June 11 2017). Due to that ban, he missed: 2 qualifying and 2 friendly matches.​

Do you know whether the Iranian Federation made any explicit announcements regarding Taremi's FIFA ban? It seems that the Iran national team is risking multiple forfeits by allowing Taremi to play while suspended.

6. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Do you have the text of Taremi’s suspension verdict?

7. bigsoccertst1

bigsoccertst1 Member+

United States
    Sep 22, 2017
    Unfortunately, I have not seen any text copies of the official document, only screen captures of its last pages:

http://persianleague.com/index.php/11443-mehdi-taremi-banned-for-four-months-by-fifa
    911416422093475840 is not a valid tweet id

Even so, those screen captures show the summary of the FIFA DRC ruling against Tameri, which mentions "his ineligibility to play in official matches". No distinction on match types, as long as they are official.

Quote from pages 14-15 of "Decision of the Dispute Resolution Chamber":
    6. A restriction of four months on his eligibility to play in official matches is imposed on the Respondent I. This sanction applies immediate effect as of the date of notification of the present decision. The sporting sanctions shall remain suspended in the period between the last official match of the season and the first official match of the next season, in both cases including national cups and international championships for club.

The above quote is clear, Taremi is banned for all official matches in a 4-month period, starting September 22nd 2017. Any sporting sanctions (yellow, red, short suspensions for indiscipline, etc) remain suspended during his ban, meaning that Taremi will need to serve those after his ban expires.

So I repeat the question: do you know whether the Iranian Football Federation made any announcements regarding Taremi's ban?

I have been unable to register into the PDFC forum for Iranian football fans (www.persianfootball.com/forums/index.php), so they can ask/notify their federation about this issue.

Otherwise, I think Iran is risking multiple forfeits if Taremi continues to play while banned.

8. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He joined Al Gharafa of QSL and already had two assists in ACL play offs. Stupid transfer for him but whatever. He likes to waste his time there so be it.

[​IMG]