Meeting with Danny Fizman, Keith Edelman, Officials of Arsenal and other Supporters Representatives

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Rick B, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    Re: Meeting with Danny Fitzman, Keith Edelman, Officials of Arsenal and other Supporters Representat

Quite tasty and they were kosher as it was Yom Kippur. The Salmon was especially nice.

2. Paul.eta

Paul.eta Member

Jan 21, 2003
    Re: Meeting with Danny Fitzman, Keith Edelman, Officials of Arsenal and other Supporters Representat

Thanks for the report, Rick!

3. Skizz

Skizz Guest

No BLT?! Pfft.

4. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Do Brits do BLT's now??? (not when I was livin there)

5. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Whooooooooooooooooosh!

6. Sean P.

Sean P. Member

Aug 20, 2007
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Good News:
    http://goal.com/en-us/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=426284

The Sun newspaper reports that Dein is being frozen out by four directors, led by Danny Fiszman, who have agreed a 12-month extension to their earlier pledge not to sell any of their shares.

Fizman: “There is a new agreement being written that will extend the agreement. No hostile takeover bid will be successful."

7. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

Not boasting, but I am the only one who published these comments from the meeting and now the quotes have been picked up by half a dozen media outlets. That quote is directly from what I put. There was another in the Times today as well. Quite amusing really that with this and antifan we see where the media get their "sources". Perhaps that will convince people to stop beieving much of hat the media says...............

8. arsenalgirl30016

Dec 10, 2003
    Flo Rida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Excuse me, excuse me Mr. Rick....could I ask you a few questions AND quote you? :D

9. CaptVimes

CaptVimes New Member

Jun 12, 2006
    Re: Meeting with Danny Fizman, Keith Edelman, Officials of Arsenal and other Supporters Representati

Are you saying you arent reliable Rick? :p

10. Red Agave

Red Agave Member

Aug 2, 2005
    Manchester
    Re: Meeting with Danny Fizman, Keith Edelman, Officials of Arsenal and other Supporters Representati

Hey Rick, isn't it time you updated your sig?

Are we still just saying no to Kroenke? And does that mean yes to Usmanov? Or is it now maybe to Kroenke, never to Usmanov, and fc*k off you egomaniac to Dein?

Perhaps we should settle on "not even when hell freezes over" to David Cameron? ;) :p

11. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

Well what I said was what was said at the meeting................however I am a little unsure of how much the club allows us to say. I sent an email apologising if I was out of step. The Sun, The Times, Tribalfootball etc are all quoting what I said.................

I charge for quotes..............................!!! (Hersheys chocs when you come over!!!!!)

12. arsenalgirl30016

Dec 10, 2003
    Flo Rida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

While I don't find it sad that they are quoting you, I do find it sad that the media is trolling the Big Soccer Boards for story ideas...........

Also noted about the Hersheys kisses! :D

13. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Nov 22, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Nothing more than I would expect from the British media.

But hey, now Rick can forever be regarded as an official contributer to the Sun! :eek: Let's go tell all the Liverpool fans. :p

14. CaptVimes

CaptVimes New Member

Jun 12, 2006

They may have asked the questions at the press conference but more likely because Arseblog linked to this thread on his blog.

15. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Yeah .. One blog even mentioned quotes from a discussion on a Big Soccer forum !! :eek:

16. mpeabody

mpeabody New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Lexington, KY

So, the man really is watching us.

Perhaps that means Wenger is reading the transfer threads. :D

17. Gittle

Gittle New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Does anybody have any links to where Rick was quoted in Rupert's papers? I would love to see that, and if they actually used his name or just "Rick B." :D

18. Grateful Gooner

Grateful Gooner New Member

May 3, 2001
    Charm City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

They have to be chocolate with peanut butter, right Rick?

19. Lanesra

Lanesra BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 13, 2003
    LONDON

Who he ??

20. Grateful Gooner

Grateful Gooner New Member

May 3, 2001
    Charm City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. Gittle

Gittle New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I imagine the tongue and the wink were a subtle jab at Rick for his preferred party choices. I mean, Rupert's papers quoted him, right? :D

Anyway, about that statement, I fail to see how David Cameron could be any worse than the current motley group that's in there now. The only thing is that he needs to stop running on the NHS and only on the NHS. Surely, he has to have some other substantive policy initiatives that don't involve the NHS.

Okay, I just opened a giant can of worms. If you would like to send me a private message with your response, then you are more than welcome to. ;-)

22. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

How about a kick in the bollocks?

23. Gittle

Gittle New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Oh, come on, Rick, I was trying to stick up for you! The last thing I need is for you to go all Cartman on my behind. ;)

I am certain that you would agree with me that Mr. Cameron would be much better than Gordo, except that I look for diversity on policy matters, and I don't think that "NHS, NHS, NHS" exhibits any diversity. All I said is that if people are going to the polls soon as is expected, then he would be wise to craft a message that does not have the potential for burnout.

Okay, that's it. I promise.

24. Skizz

Skizz Guest

I work for the NHS. As long as he doesn't make me do more work when he gets in, he's got my vote.

25. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Nov 22, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

My major problem with Gordon Brown is that he bores me. I still like him better than Dave though.