Media Malpractice, Hoax Purveying, Misleading Narratives and Other Sins of the 4th Estate Thread

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Karl K, Sep 10, 2021.

1. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Honestly I can't be bothered to debate every aspect of Brogan's stupidly with you.

Follow the public health advice, which is to get vaccinated

Brogan didn't get vaccinated, got Covid, took ivermectin (LOL) now wants to claim yet another reason not to get vaccinated. Now yes many countries accept a Covid recovery in place of vaxx for a period, but the advice is still to get vaccinated. His attempts to post-validate his bone headed stupidity are sad.

But then this is the MAGA guy now going on an anti-trans "comedy" tour with Chappelle

Quelle Surprise.

charlie15 repped this.
  2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Sounds like a giant copout.

3. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    Jitty = DOMINATED:devilish:

4. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same here, although there is literally one item that I like that is perpetually out of stock, but I figured that that was more due to Kroger's ********ups than anything else.

Dr. Wankler repped this.
  5. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    "Rise of the idiots ... awesome fvcking opinions dude"

Brooker and Morris were so far ahead of this stuff. It's just the idiots turned out not to be some cool trust fund hipster launching a flash coded viral from a shoreditch studio, but rather a meat head MMA bro offering 3 hours of great pwnage on parasite medication

6. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    CNN's Don Lay-Mon -- clearly one of the dumbest midwits ever to sit in CNN chair and, believe me, there is STIFF competition -- now putting on his political consultant hat!! Will wonders never cease.??

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/don-lemon-goes-off-on-joe-biden/

Notably, [Lay-Mon] criticized Biden for holding public relations events during the middle of the day, as the president had done earlier on Wednesday.

“If you stop holding events at two o’clock in the afternoon when people are at work or in traffic, and start holding them when people are actually at home and watching and paying attention, then maybe, you may be able to change the narrative,” said Lemon.
    The problem, pal, of course, is that President C'mon Man has to take his 3:00 nap, eat dinner at 5:30, like they do at the Delaware assisted living facility that Jill has already set up for him in case the 25th Amendment gets invoked, and then turn in early. VERY early. Time to establish the pattern!!

But Don Lay-mon pulls no punches -- nor sirree. "You are weak!!" he yells. Unfortunately, rather accurate, surprisingly. Could have added "frail" "shaky" "unable to rub two sticks together" "pu$$ies" (wait, sorry, that's misogynist).

And there's more from guy who lives is DI-verse Sag Harbor on the weekends:

It’s our job to discuss what you are doing and yes, part of what’s in it. But it’s not our job to sell your agenda for you! They are not selling their agenda!

Yet you DO sell their agenda--it's emblematic of media malpractice, the topic of this thread (that's to remind the mods). . Wrong on one count, but dead right on another. Randomly insightful.

So, I have this platform that I have now, and I am speaking very passionately about it. Democrats, get your butts in gear and get passionate about saving this damn country. You’re not doing it! You’re weak! You are weak! You are weak!
    Yes, weak indeed, and I guess when a guy's right, he's right. Some people on this board have yet to grasp this concept.

7. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    Stock up!!!

Of course you'll have to pay more, likely much more, for the electricity for the current freezer -- or maybe the extra one you plan on buying.

Assuming you can find one.

Keep us informed.

8. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Karl:

Our here in the open steppe, we're a hearty folk. We survived plenty well, especially with averaged electrical billing under a regulated (Non-Texas).

Right now, my freezer has venison, elk and a side of beef I split 3 ways with a couple of friends - prefer to get my meat that way. You weak suburbanites have to rely on your supermarket chains and whatnot - I have enough farmers selling around me to avoid the grocery store every week if I want, except for detergent and toilet paper

russ, luftmensch, xtomx and 1 other person repped this.
  9. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am shocked that someone would take a politician comment out of context.

She said that on past briefings she has gone thru the points in the package and the media is not doing a good job at passing those points to the population.

You can argue that that is not the job of the media.

Maybe Pelosi should make tik tok videos describing what is in the bill, maybe people would pay attention to that.

10. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It sure as hell is the job of White House correspondents who ask questions at press conferences!!!

11. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    Maybe she should, though she probably thinks "tic toc" is what her antique swiss floor clock does on the hour in the entryway of her $7 million pad in Pacific Heights.

It's ME whose taking it out of context?? She said SELLING. That is the word Grandma "$24 per pint of ice cream from my second Wolf refrigerator" Nancy used.

Not "passing" -- how quaintly anodyne your interpretations is!!

I love how you guys are rationalizing for her. Nothing could be more emblematic of lower evolutionary life forms.

12. ToasterLeavins

Mar 25, 2003
    NJ USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Because these people believe they are the good guys, and the republicans are evil so a little lying and fibbing is ok, or people will die!. Aka they have no integrity.

The ends justify the means right?

13. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meh, the media chooses what to talk about, Trump would complain about this, that they only cover the negative.

It is the way the media is, they are not going to put your (politicians) propaganda out there.

That is why the media only talks about inflation and not about GDP growth, neither has anything to do with the President, but one follows a narrative that Biden is svcking it up and the other does not.

14. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    Hey, leftoid denizens. Here's another media sin for ya.

Turns out a guy who threatened to kill Matt Gaetz worked for the media!!

Oh, they SOOOOO wanted to memory hole this, like they have James T. Hodgkinson.

Do you guys remember him? Who did he try to kill??

Anyway...

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/man-arrested-threatening-kill-matt-gaetz-worked-cnn-abc-nbc

Man Arrested For Threatening To Kill Matt Gaetz Worked For CNN, ABC, NBC

After the DOJ dragged its feet over the voicemail death threat left at Gaetz' office, 58-year-old Eugene Huelsman of Thousand Oaks was arrested.

According to online databases, a Eugene Huelsman based in Thousand Oaks has worked for decades as a camera operator on film and television productions, garnering five Emmy nominations for his work on NBC's "Late Night with Conan O'Brien." -Politico

"Tell [M.G.] to watch his back, tell him to watch his children," Huelsman allegedly said, according to a grand jury indictment issued in May. "I'm coming for him… I'm gonna f---ing kill him... I'm gonna put a bullet in you and I'm gonna put a bullet in one of your f---ing kids too."

Emmy nominations!!! Well, I'll be....

Ok, who is going to be the first dork-brain on here to say, "Matt Gaetz deserves it' or some other equivalent phrasing....

Three........two..........one........

15. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    Here ya go. The media has a narrative. Shocking, isn't it?

NOT.

bostonsoccermdl repped this.
  16. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This is why the DOJ does a good job on investigating threats of violence. Just like the threats many school board members are facing from crazy right wingers.

https://www.usnews.com/news/educati...estigate-threats-against-school-board-members

Threats of violence should be taken seriously, be it from crazy left people or crazy right people (or crazy centrist if they make them).

Who knows what harm this Huelsman guy could have caused, good job to the DOJ for catching him.

luftmensch, xtomx and bostonsoccermdl repped this.
  17. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course Matt Gaetz doesn't deserve to be killed by a cameraman with a lengthy resume.

Just like he wouldn't deserve to be killed by his cellmate in prison after being convicted of having sex with underage girls.

He wouldn't deserve it. But the second scenario has a much more karmic harmony to it.

luftmensch repped this.
  18. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I actually don't disagree with this one.

Of course, the approved right wing narrative glosses over some details, too. Details that emerged from the court trial that was barely covered by corporate sources not owned or influenced by Rupert Murdoch.

19. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with you; the only caveat I would add is that Matt Walsh knows very well about the rash of threatening and hostile behavior northern Virginia school boards have been subjected to the past several weeks. He's fed that fire, and has encouraged it. The authorities in Loudoun screwed up by reacting to this parent and his legitimate concerns the way they did, but if Walsh actually cared he might acknowledge that creating a climate of anger, hostility, and suspicion played a role.

But he doesn't care.

roadkit, raza_rebel and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  20. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even a dotard like you knows the difference between the Washington Post and an Op-Ed they post.

21. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    The author of this piece has the resume and attitudes that I am sure everyone in positions of reportage and authority at the Washington Compost would find admirable. She would not, arguably, be out of their particular stream of thinking in the newsrooms and the editorial page meetings.

She's the perfect left wing media ally. She's wearing the Blue kit. She checks all the boxes.

Oh, in addition, we got some intersection goin' on! Yeah!!!

Emphasis mine.

Micheline Maynard is a contributing columnist for The Washington Post, concentrating on Detroit, Michigan and the Midwest. Her news career includes positions at United Press International, U.S. News & World Report, New York Newsday and Reuters. She was Detroit bureau chief for USA Today, and her work appeared for 10 years in the New York Times, where she was a reporter, Detroit bureau chief and senior business correspondent. She left the Times in 2010 to become senior editor of Changing Gears, a public media project looking at the future of the industrial Midwest. She also was senior editor of the daily NPR program "Here & Now." Known as Micki, she has founded two independent journalism projects: Changing Gears, which studies the future of transportation and its intersection with the environment, and CulinaryWoman, which explores the food and restaurant industry through a weekly newsletter and podcast. Maynard’s work also has appeared in publications such as Fortune and Forbes, and on ABC Australia and Medium. She has taught at Arizona State University — where she was director of the Donald W. Reynolds Center for Business and Economics Journalism — Central Michigan University and the University of Michigan. Honors include the Knight-Bagehot Fellowship at Columbia University, the Knight-Wallace Fellowship at Michigan, and the Hoover Fellowship at Stanford University. She was named a distinguished alumni of Michigan State University, from which she holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Humanities Pre-Law. She was a White House intern. Her culinary studies included courses at Le Cordon Bleu in Ottawa and with Patricia Wells in Paris. Maynard is the author of four books, including "The End of Detroit: How the Big Three Lost Their Grip on the American Car Market." Her latest book, "Satisfaction Guaranteed: How Zingerman’s Built a Corner Deli Into a Global Food Community," will be published by Charles Scribner’s Sons in March 2022.

22. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    #347 Karl K, Oct 30, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
    Karmic harmony. Nice!!!

So we're OK with the premature death of Matt Gaetz?? It would somehow comport with the proper rhythm of the universe?? Is that right??

One could always send him a note, or make a post on the intertubes, or email his congressional office directly.

Do feel free to take a run at it -- specifically I mean emailing his office directly -- and let us know what happens.

By the way, when he gets indicted, tried, and convicted for having sex with underage girls and goes to jail for said crimes. do let us know.

Thanks!!!

23. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    #348 Karl K, Oct 30, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
    Are we talking about parents upset about papering over the rape of a girl in a bathroom because to point out the nature of the rapist is politically incorrect?

That papering over??

maybe the

the rash of threatening and hostile behavior northern Virginia school boards have been subjected to

...are parents who are legitimately angry, and expressing their anger in a public forum that should be one where free speech is allowed, over the cover ups, the purposeful indoctrination of students, and the forced authoritarian mandates from totalitarian school boards??

24. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    Excellent! 'Well done.

Such self reliance may come in handy. As someone who travels a bit to buy sides of beef, for my garage freezer, I applaud you.

Meanwhile, I'd load up with toilet paper if I were you. Might be a problem, might not. Probably not because all that is done domestically. But be prepared to pay up.

I guess we will see.

25. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    #350 Karl K, Oct 31, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
    MAGA guy I would think is totally unfair to him. He has never been a "MAGA" guy, AFAIK.

As far as Chappelle being "anti-trans" I think that is also unfair.