Media Blitz: Park JS to replace Giggs

Discussion in 'Korea' started by melonbarmonster, Jul 15, 2005.

1. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
  2. Paul.eta

Paul.eta Member

Jan 21, 2003
    skysports

Both seem confindent, it's going to be tough boots to fill though.

3. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

oh wow.. i hope old fergie is right

4. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Stupid English media trying to put pressure on Park. :mad:

I'm sorry, but if i had to choose one to play the entire season, i would choose Giggs over Park in a heartbeat. Even at his old age, Giggs is still a very good player.

Younger Giggs was untouchable and Park does not come near what young Giggs was.

5. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    well, Giggs isn't gonna play 90 minutes of all 38 EPL games including all the Champions League and FA Cup games.

he's gonna be tired and injured here and there, so Park will have plenty of time to play left wing for Man U. not to mention Scholes, who won't be anything different from Giggs. in my opinion, Park is hands down better than guys like Richardson and Fletcher so he'll be the first option whenever guys like Giggs and Scholes are on the bench. to be honest, there is no reason why Park can't beat out Giggs, Scholes, or Ronaldo and start for Man U when he's fully adjusted.

6. mrelkane2u

mrelkane2u New Member

May 18, 2005
    NYC
    I've got a Ryan Giggs door poster, a #11 Giggs jersey, and have clips of almost all of his famous goals and assists on my computer, including The FA Cup Goal. He has been the best winger in the EPL for over a decade, and you know it.

The problem now is, he's getting old and you can see it from all the little injuries that he keeps getting. He can't play every game for Man Utd anymore and that's where Park comes in to the equation.

As long as Giggs doesn't get injured, Park will probably be a back-up for the left wing this season and that should be perfectly fine for him and the Koreans, because you really don't want him to play all those games and come to the World Cup all tired.

7. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    Never thought of it that way. ;) Yeah, we want him to play just enough to keep him sharp, but not so much that he is tired. :)

8. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Dude...youre so jja!

9. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm not saying Giggs will play all 38 matches, FA Cups, CL, etc. but if there are debating who should be the starter in that left side, it should be Giggs over Park. Giggs is an old player now at 31, but i still believe he got some left in his tank.

Giggs was awesome though in his youth. Man, he was one of my favorite players growing up and watching.

10. nam.c

nam.c New Member

Aug 12, 2004
    UK/Switzerland
    Park will get plenty of chances. They play an insane number of matches there. League, Carling Cup, FA Cup, Champions League. That must be like 60 matches!