MD5: Udinese vs Roma (September 4th, 2022)

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Andreas, Aug 30, 2022.

1. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Some of the udinese players were better. Pererya?? Ex gobbo

2. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We are thin upfront, it's survival mode till we get some players back.
    Pellegrini goes to midfield, once we get Zaniolo/Shaarawy back.
    Injuries upfront, hurt our midfield too.

3. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
  4. giallorosso86

giallorosso86 Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Vincent and the Grenadines
    Says the guy who called us European Champions after winning the mighty "Conference League" last season. Like everything is gonna be alright despite ending 6th in Serie A.

Relax retardo, this game is a reality check for your ego. This team is nowhere near the likes of Sevilla or even Tottenham Hotspur.

indestructible and Rossonero23 repped this.
  5. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I hope Atalanta win the league.

Shen-O repped this.
  6. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #106 whill4, Sep 4, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
    I think the play may be to move Ibanez or Mancini into midfield to at least get by until January. It would still effectively be a back 3, but at least you have a stopper there to cover space further up than you would with a traditional back 3. Pretty much how DDR played under Enrique. Pellegrini and Matic get so far up the field that there’s literally nobody in midfield when the ball is lost.

Dybala-Abraham
    Zaniolo
    Kamara-Mancini-Pellegrini
    Spinnazola-Ibanez-Smalling-Celik​

7. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You missed the point not surprisingly

giallorosso86 repped this.
  8. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Indestructible wins this round

giallorosso86 and indestructible repped this.
  9. windrepel

windrepel Member

May 11, 2021
    I said in transfer thread that the expectations of a club under FFP regulations who brought in other club deadwood all summer is to avoid relegation , so relax , we are still on track .

10. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Dude. I support Mourinho and am happy to have someone of his tier as our head coach. He is all time great coach for me. It's long since we had someone like that ( Fabio Capello). On top of that I like old-school football, and flat out dislike this "possession & exciting" football.

But stop with the nonsense. We should be fighting for the 4th spot, at worst we are the 5th spot team.

We have a team that can make the top 4, last year we missed it out by 2 points.
    We need players to come back from injury.
    But CL spot is a must for us to move to the next stage, we need revenue from CL.

11. windrepel

windrepel Member

May 11, 2021
    Nonsense , this team is 6th at best , 5th if nobody is injuries which isn't possible. Not good enough for top 4. You can't depend your game on bunch of other club deadwood. Name me a single player that been transferred to this club for the last 2 years that isn't other club deadwood, even Tammy Abraham was Chelsea deadwood.

12. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Dybala wasn't deadwood. Juve wanted him back

13. windrepel

windrepel Member

May 11, 2021
    And that's why he was the best player on the pitch , fill up the squad with similar profile then you can start talking about challenging for titles. Modern football is about who spend the most , whoever spend the most , wins

14. windrepel

windrepel Member

May 11, 2021
    Different situations , they played clown on the pitch while leaving serial winner on the bench. Got shit results, and then they put serial winner on the pitch , clown to the bench suddenly start getting better results.

You guys have clown on the pitch and clown on the bench

15. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    #115 La Magica, Sep 5, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2022
    Said it last week, if they dont fix the midfield, we dont play in vacuum where its all about Roma. and teams will take advantage. If you look at last night you can see they were almost all bad so where to start. As a team it has to always be the centre of the pitch that gets on and controls the ball. If I am to pinpoint a cause of a team losing its way from last night its here. Zero dominance over a whole game here and teams if in the mood will just run you over. There was not even a 10 minute spell of that.
    Against Jose, other coaches will have their teams up for it as a scalp.

All that could change by keeping that lineup the same for example and making Pellegrini a 3rd midfielder but a free one. He can drop behind the 2 when starting play and move up above them as the build up moves up the pitch but they play as a trio. Those 2 do not work for controlling a game. I get the cheap goal wasn't meant to happen early but we can see there is still no reaction from them here and with Pellegrini somewhere hiding, there might as well be 10 men on the pitch.

He is lost as sea at the minute. He is the captain. He should be back there demanding the ball and making them play. A top midfielder player would sense that and take things into his own hands even if that means breaking position. As captain he has the power to do that but that comes down to his character.

Henchag repped this.
  16. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I never once called us European champs....but you still go on about it.....thus proving how immensely sad you are.

Stop embarassing yourself. You're clearly a colossal numpty. Go off and salvage some pride.

Andreas, rougou and LordNelson repped this.
  17. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    One can already see, that Dybala is by far our best player.... And that by some distance.

18. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He has always been low key one of the best midfielders in the league. Very smart and rarely has a bad game.

19. Capitano_10

Capitano_10 Member+

Apr 18, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Get a room you two. You’d love that. Don’t forget to rep every post he ever does too. Oh wait, you already do. Clown

20. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It is frustrating to see Dybala (and Zaniolo) being forced too often to receive the ball in midfield and have to cover a significant amount of ground to reach the opposition penalty area. They both need to receive possession and combine closer to goal in order to increase their productivity.

I think the fundamental problem we have is that our attackers do not make enough quality runs into and around the penalty area which usually leaves the player in possession without good passing options which makes them look ponderous in possession and causes us to go backwards and sideways too often. This issue needs to be resolved urgently if we are to exploit the undoubted attacking talent that we have.

21. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Radja.

La Magica repped this.
  22. giallorosso86

giallorosso86 Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    #122 giallorosso86, Sep 5, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2022
    Yes you did pal!!! Not only you, most of you idiots began overhyping the team despite being sh*t last season. European Champions my arse. You ignored all the major issues in the team. Only because we won a shi*tty Intertoto Equivalent Cup.

Again, this game is a reality check of how shi*t we have always been. Enjoy having Shitsante, Pelleshit and Shitsdrop in your starting line up.

indestructible and Rossonero23 repped this.
  23. giallorosso86

giallorosso86 Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    I don't like these trolls but unfortunately, reading Nainggolan's retarded posts can be entertaining sometimes.

24. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    At least you’re equally clueless about every club. United didn’t start playing well until they benched their biggest “serial winner” in Ronaldo. Except Varane none of their starting 11 during their good spell won jack shit except the Eredivise

shiboboo and Henchag repped this.
  25. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    It's one of those games where some of the players had problems understanding Mourinho's instructions.

[​IMG]

shiboboo, Nainggolan and Rossonero23 repped this.