MD4: Roma vs Monza (August 30th, 2022)

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Andreas, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    I hope Mourinho gives Belotti a few minutes today. I realize he's probably not ready but it would be nice to acquaint him with this audience.

2. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    We can agree to disagree on that one then. The ball worked but in terms of execution, you want that to be a glancing header into the space and not so high. Dybala having such a good touch made what could have been easier possible.

wm72 repped this.
  3. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Falc humiliated..

4. Nainggolan

Nainggolan Member+

Jun 4, 2021
    I didn’t realize Celik was this rapid.

La Magica repped this.
  5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #31 falvo, Aug 30, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
    I am surprised Matteo Pessina went from Atalanta to a team like Monza.

I know he was born there but that is stepping down like 2 levels.

I mean the upper half of the Serie A to a Newley promoted and/or relegation dweller club.

That doesn't seem too ambitious for a national team player.

6. Capitano_10

Capitano_10 Member+

Apr 18, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    If we get a third then definitely bring him on

7. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    Italia and Calcio are for romantics

all due respect to Roma, but Totti turning down Real Madrid may not seem very ambitious at the time either

grande Matteo

Nainggolan repped this.
  8. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    If it had been a glancing ball I doubt Dybala would have been able to catch it.

9. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Corner FC strikes again :ROFLMAO:

Andreas, shiboboo, Haakon24 and 2 others repped this.
  10. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Good stuff going on that in training. Jose Mourinho's teams are good at scoring that.

La Magica and Midfield General repped this.
  11. Nainggolan

Nainggolan Member+

Jun 4, 2021
    Would have been great for belotti to open his account there.

12. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    So much to like about this side being moulded. Last years foundations look good now. With the additions in attack, cant not be excited.

Nainggolan repped this.
  13. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Next match day:
    Milan-Inter
    Lazio-Napoli
    Fiorentina-Juventus
    Udinese-Roma

Great opportunity to cement the strong start

Oban14, autohag and Andreas repped this.
  14. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    There's a reason coaches like Mourinho cost money, you can feel the long-term developemtn of certain players and the team as a whole.

Good win, although we let Monza have many good chances that would have resulted in goals vs better opponents. I'm still not impressed by our ability to dominate the midfield.

Nainggolan and LordNelson repped this.
  15. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Yeah but we have to take it with a pinch of reality too. We've played pish teams so far bar Juve....and we were dog shit for a lot of that game. I wouldn't exactly say we were on fire tonight either. We could easily have blown 2pts away vs Cremonese.

Yes we'll be tough to score against and that's bloody great. No, we're not a possession team and that's fine. But nonetheless, we have to keep the ball better going forward. Constantly giving up the ball the better sides will not end well.

wm72 and shiboboo repped this.
  16. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    4 games in and lots to improve on but they are still figuring out a better balance with issues in midfield and gelling the likes of Dybala and Tammy together. Signing a player of Dybala's level to me was another year away so things can really be sped up in terms of consistently picking up points from individual quality even as the team play is still being strengthened. Top quality consistent team play might still be the best part of this seasons away from happening but the tougher battles of last year should be regular wins this year. Trust the process and enjoy it.

17. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    That's all well and good. You are inclined to put a positive view on things, which is fine by me. I just like to balance it out now and then.

wm72 repped this.
  18. Nainggolan

Nainggolan Member+

Jun 4, 2021
    We took 1 point off Venezia last year. Venezia.

19. Nainggolan

Nainggolan Member+

Jun 4, 2021

Oban14, shiboboo, autohag and 1 other person repped this.
  20. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I put a positive spin on things when I see the signs of them happening. When I see shit I am far for positive. Fonseca? What I am saying is team building takes time, especially adding in new parts but these parts such as Dybala or a fresh Zaniolo will see Roma likely collect more points as the season unfolds than the team play will arguably deserve. That will catch up eventually. Its all process. My view remains top 4, for now.

21. Nainggolan

Nainggolan Member+

Jun 4, 2021

22. Nainggolan

Nainggolan Member+

Jun 4, 2021

wm72, Oban14 and shiboboo repped this.
  23. shiboboo

shiboboo Member+

Nov 13, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I knew he was going to pump up Tammy tonight after seeing him look defeated coming off for Belotti.

24. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma

I edited that to say 'view' as opposed to 'spin' btw. I'm happy. A blind man can see the progress. It's clear. 3 wins and a draw in a tough fixture. 1 goal conceded. 10pts out of 12. These are bloody good numbers so far. Lets hope it continues. It very well might. I don't really care how we rack up the pts as long as we do rack them up. I'm holding judgement for now on whether we're looking at genuine top 4 contenders here. We do need to improve. We are a hugely improved squad but there are still weaknesses and we dont retain possession well enough. That's fine against the Monza's of this world but the better sides will punish us when we continously give the ball back to them.