MD32: Udinese vs Roma (April 14th, 2023)

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Andreas, Apr 12, 2024.

1. Nainggolan

Nainggolan Member+

Jun 4, 2021

falvo, La Magica and shiboboo repped this.
  2. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain

Shen-O repped this.
  3. TheNewMeazza

TheNewMeazza Member

May 14, 2017
    Maybe it’s his clone like what happened to damar ?

4. giallorosso86

giallorosso86 Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Vincent and the Grenadines
    I asked a very valid question, yet you've decided to act like a complete moron. No wonder the triple mask wearing must have been affecting the flow of blood to your brain.

5. Nainggolan

Nainggolan Member+

Jun 4, 2021
    whill4 and shiboboo repped this.
  6. azzurri06

azzurri06 Member

Apr 4, 2007
    san francisco
    Yes, there has been an uptick (tennis players on a % basis seem to gave been hit the hardest). But I don't know why people like you think it has anything to do with an experimental gene therapy, which one of the inventors of the underlying technology in the shots took, was injured, and has been speaking out globally warning of the dangers and shortcomings of the experimental gene therapies. The uptick in professional athletes going down holding their chest is clearly due to climate change you simpleton.

Thankfully Ndicka seems to be okay. Many others haven't been so lucky.

7. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Well, most antivaxx people don't believe in climate change. Even though we've been slowly cooking for years now and it's getting worse.

8. DOctore13

DOctore13 Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Juve dropped points again. We might actually catch them

9. ErPupone

ErPupone Member+

Aug 27, 2015
    Austria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I'd like to know the date the club prefers because if we advance to the final the only possible days are Wednesday/Thursday before the final or mid week between the last two league fixtures (probably not allowed since clubs competing for scudetto/CL/relegation have to play at the same time in the last two rounds). I guess they prefer the former because we play Genoa on the weekend after but it really doesn't change that much.

10. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Yeah I was wondering same.....looks like 2/3 days before Genoa is the only option so I guess we wanted that.

11. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This incident is similar to the In-game collapse Damar Hamlin cardiac arrest during the 2022 NFL season.

That game was eventually canceled.

I’m betting Udinese vs. Roma will eventually be declared a draw and they won’t resume it.

I mean depending on the outcomes of what is to come in the upcoming weeks, I don’t foresee it necessary to be played.

If Roma wins the EL, they automatically qualify for the CL.

If they lose, they will still probably make 5th place which also guarantees a CL spot.

The only other scenario is if Udinese is fighting for a relegation spot and I don’t really believe that will happen.

Therefore, unless a disaster happens from either team between now and the end of the season, I’m betting it will be declared a draw.

12. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The thing is, they don't have until the end of the season to see if it needs to be replayed. As things stand right now, that match is happening in 5 days.

13. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Here are Udinese's remaining games....

Verona – Udinese
    Bologna – Udinese
    Udinese – Napoli
    Lecce – Udinese
    Udinese – Empoli
    Frosinone –Udinese

14. decola

decola Member+

Sep 12, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    5th place is not a given as well considering we have to face Bologna and Atalanta very soon

Indian_Gladiator repped this.
  15. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yes, that is true.

Roma also has some tough league games ahead...

Roma v Bologna
    Napoli v Roma
    Roma v Juventus
    Atalanta v Roma
    Roma v Genoa
    Empoli v Roma

16. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The truth is we simply can't afford to forfeit the 2 potential extra points from Udine's game, as we'd have a lot more trouble collecting 2 extra points from most of our remaining matches. Making an oopsie in Udine means we can't make that oopsie against any of the 5 strong team we're facing as still be left with decent chances for 5th.

Then on the other side, we'd need to do a full match preparation, traveling, training just to face Udinese for 20 mins, meaning we're basically having one extra match on our schedule that we wouldn't otherwise had, at the worst possible moment too. Would've been a tad better if the game was at home, but it isn't.

17. decola

decola Member+

Sep 12, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Now that I think about it, there is the possibility that we can catch Juve though considering they are in free fall

Juve also still have to play us, Milan & Bologna plus they might have the coppa final thrown in

18. ErPupone

ErPupone Member+

Aug 27, 2015
    Austria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Betting against something that has officially been confirmed is not the smartest move. It's not like we could choose on wether to play the game or not. The rules say it has to be resumed and the Lega argues that there's a paragraph that it has to be done within 15 days which is why it's going to be the 25th.

19. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #121 falvo, Apr 20, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
    No one though , has considered what is involved in this makeup game.

Roma has to spend money , travel and take their entire team ( or 19 players) all the way up to Udine, start whichever in from 11 players are available to play a 30-minute game.

DDR most likely won't start players he thinks need rest for other, more important EL and Serie A games.

Especially if he wants to win an important European trophy so it all seems like such a waste of time.

Most games are level after 30 minutes and if that is the case anyway, it will have been all for not.

20. ErPupone

ErPupone Member+

Aug 27, 2015
    Austria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He must field the exact same team that was on the pitch when the game was interrupted.

21. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

How can he be dictated which players need to play?

What about if players are injured or for that matter , Evan Ndicka who will not play at all?

If they are injured I don't see how he will play or even take them up to Udine and I don't see how the league can force him to start injured players.

22. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I'm not really knowledgeable into such obscure rules, but practically looking at it, they'll probably make him bring the same exact team and let him substitute the players he wants due to injuries or other considerations before the play time starts rolling.

But we're probably limited to the same match group as in the original match, we can't just send the under 19s to finish up the game.

And if one of the teams can't field enough players, they forfeit. That's how common sense would block coaches from abusing this system in any way, shape or form.

ErPupone repped this.
  23. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    It would have been played the next day had it not been for Milan game. This happens in other European leagues from time to time usually due to weather and its always finished the next day. The other teams will want the game played as quick as possible so they see where they sit with the final result. Its not all Roma's way with this decision and the same team has to start. An injured player will likely mean they start with less players and the first time the ball is kicked out of play, the subbed player will come on. At the end of the day its 20 mins, get them up up early and get it over before midday.

ErPupone repped this.