MD24: Atalanta - Roma (February 15th, 2020)

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Andreas, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    This brain dead argument has been discussed a million times, you’re smarter than that.

Where would Lazio be if they beat Hellas?

ErPupone repped this.
  2. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #77 falvo, Feb 15, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    Didn't watch the game but Radio Radio is going off on a tangent about how Roma played and the state of the team. They are saying its not really the fault of the presidents its he players who want to leave. I.E Nainggolan , Strootman and Romagnoli. The buying and selling mentality clearly isn't working. Also saying every time Roma is ready to signing a player, the deals fall trough at the last minute.

Listening to one commentator saying how bad Rosella Sensi was ostracized and she was 100% better than Pallotta ever was.

SaI' repped this.
  3. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    No, it isn't.

4. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #79 r0adrunner, Feb 15, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    Anyoway whatever we say he will be gone soon.

5. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Haakon's safe space/echo-chamber activated!

Congrats! You've leveled up your IN DENIAL skill. Your capacity to deal with unpleasant reality has been decreased by 57%.

Your reputation with Building for the Future Brotherhood has incresed by 300. Reputation level: Exalted

New Quest unlocked: Ignore 10 more Roma defeats this season.
    Reward: Eternal Happiness.

Haakon24 and LordNelson repped this.
  6. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    PALLOTTA VATTENE !!

porreca repped this.
  7. nguoiaoden

nguoiaoden Member

Feb 3, 2015
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I feel Fonseca is disoriented. He changed the starting line-up too much in every match.

8. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He's working with some seriously useless tools no doubt, but nonetheless I have some serious issues with the decisions Fonceca has been making.

And that's all I have to say on the matter.

SaI' repped this.
  9. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Commenting on games you don’t watch and screaming about the coach with no actual analysis, that’s the definition of an echo chamber bud.

I’ll take that reward tho.

shiboboo, Shen-O and SaI' repped this.
  10. DOctore13

DOctore13 Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    since you’re a Brit why do Liverpool’s American heroes have such outstanding success following up a champions league victory with thorough domination of the bpl but our American heroes struggle so much?

11. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    debatable.

SaI' and ErPupone repped this.
  12. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Haakon uses skill Moldy Joke.

Effect: All Building for the Future Brotherhood NPCs within the area get affected with shared false feeling of validation. +15% Common Sense Resistance +20% Shame Resistance +17% I Told You So Resistance
    Secondary Effect: 50% faster casting of Delusation Thinking in the next 30 minutes

LordNelson repped this.
  13. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo
    1229036274159321088 is not a valid tweet id

shiboboo repped this.
  14. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Was it me who said just a few weeks ago that once Florenzi is sold it wouldn't take a day for the Building for the Future Brotherhood to turn on another Roman player as the main scapegoat for the loses, instead of Fonseca Magic. Hmmm...

LordNelson repped this.
  15. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No one is blaming Lolrenzo for the loss. The fact is we were beaten by a better side. There is no one thing or person you can blame when you're so thoroughly outclassed.

Shen-O repped this.
  16. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #91 falvo, Feb 16, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    Just saw the highlights and goals. Dzeko brilliantly capitalized on the defensive mistake and scored a beauty.

I still can't get over on how well Atalanta are playing. They have always been a small time provincial club floating between the Serie A & B. They don't really have too many big name "campioni" other than maybe Iličić , Zapata and maybe Muriel. Neither player was ever really a superstar though.

I'm sure Gasperini deserves a lot of credit but I also believe it has to do more because of their president Antonio Percassi. He played for Atalanta in the 70's , then was a team president in the early 90's and became a very successful businessman. I believe he knows the mercato and the Serie A and because of all of those experiences, the club has benefitted.

This as supposed to James Pallotta who never played the game, can't speak Italian and is directing the team from his home in Boston.

Le pagelle di Atalanta-Roma 2-1: Dzeko c'è ma non basta ...

Atalanta-Roma, le pagelle dei quotidiani: Pellegrini è un ...

[​IMG]

porreca repped this.
  17. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't agree with what you said about Pallotta because he pays people who do know about football to run the operations of the club. He is also the same president who - before Monchi came 3 years ago - led the club to its record points total in Serie A.

I think Monchi did a significant amount of harm in his 2 years as DS, selling some of our best players and replacing them with players who have now already been either sold, loaned, have poor fitness records or are performing poorly.

I have said before that it will take at least 2 years to recover from Monchi.

18. Goduerza

Goduerza Member+

Jun 13, 2008
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Gasperini also had a full squad to choose from. Fonseca does not have that luxury.

We had something going on with Zaniolo and Diawara, but the injury plague destroyed us.

wm72, Shen-O, Haakon24 and 1 other person repped this.
  19. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #94 falvo, Feb 16, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    Two different scenarios because as far as Italy is concerned, Roma historically is and has always been a big club with great players and a huge fan base. Maybe the club hasn't won many scudetti but they should always be guaranteed the top four spots and results are expected.

Atalanta has been a perennial Serie A cellar dwellers and Serie B team for many years The club was involved in many match fixing scandals. They are in no way on the same level financially as Roma is or potentially can be.

I don't think Pallotta knows what he is doing at all nor do I think he has hired the right people to run the club or buy the right players. Looking at the results of late, that is evident. Now they are talking about mental breakdowns which I don’t know if I can really believe that theory. The Zaniolo injury notwithstanding, the problem is they aren’t good enough to make the CL. It’s either the president, the coaching , the players or all three put together. They are saying right now, Pallotta isn't ever present at the games. Of course this has to affect the club,.

20. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo
    He’s a useless player. The definition of a cuck. We can’t have him playing in the 10 role when’s putting in performances like that.

21. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He’s gotta step up or expect consequences.

22. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I’ve been hating on him since the beginning, so I may not be the most objective person to give opinion on him.

Every year I try to give him a chance and like him, every year I end up disliking him more. He’s a turnover machine, he can’t finish for shit and is pussy.

Fonseca’s system is built around him, his position might be the most important. Its no coincidence that we win easily when he’s having a good game and struggle when he isn’t, which has been the case for the past few months.

One great game then 2 months of garbage has been his career so far, easily the most overrated player in Serie A. If it were up to me I would have shipped him off 2 years ago.

23. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't disagree but he isn't the only reason we lost.

24. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    @Salmeen10 His performances are definitely impacted by Diawara's absence. If you are a treq, good or bad, and have someone behind you to pull strings and see you at a moment's glance then your job becomes 100x easier.

25. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I can count on one hand the number of players I like/respect on this squad right now.

Diawara (injured)
    Zaniolo (very injured)
    Diego (although sadly past his prime)
    Mancini (I have time for him)

January signings obviously get a pass.

Fazio I can live with. Smalling I consider only passing through at this point. Juries out on Veretout. Kolarov and Dzeko are way past their prime now, especially Ed and his glacial movements.....and

....the rest can fcuk right off my team.