MD20: Roma vs Palermo (Jan. 26, 2008) [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Forza_Totti, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Coming off the Coppa Italia draw to Sampdoria and our previous win against Catania, Roma look to close the gap on Inter and hope Udinese can do Roma a favor and get a result. Palermo have not been in the bets of form as of late, but they have many quality players and are dangerous.

2. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    this game is on 2:30 EST on RAI and FSC.

The Sensi family used to own Palermo. A lot of Roma players would be loaned out there. They got Palermo to Serie B and then sold them off to Zamparini.

3. Canadian Azzurri

Nov 14, 2006
    Canada
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    First game I'll be able to see live since the break, so I'm quite excited. Shame De Rossi is suspended; but having Aquilani back has me kind of giddy.

ROMA: Doni; Cassetti, Ferrari, Mexes, Tonetto; Aquilani, Pizarro; Taddei, Perrotta, Mancini; Totti

4. Canadian Azzurri

Nov 14, 2006
    Canada
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Whoops, Brighi starts over Aquilani. FSC's lineups were wrong.

5. hectorcrib

hectorcrib Member

Mar 27, 2007
    In a 6.0
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Will Cicinho play?

6. Canadian Azzurri

Nov 14, 2006
    Canada
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    0-0 HT.

Roma have been the superior team, but we really need to create some true clear-cut chances and get a goal because Palermo look quite dangeorus on their set-pieces. Totti and Pizarro and have been very good, very creative. Brighi has played well, as has Mexes. Tonetto and Cassetti have joined the attack well, but the cutting edge is missing (something that Cicinho can provide). Taddei has been pretty much invisible; here's hoping Giuly can get some time, he's played well of late.

7. Canadian Azzurri

Nov 14, 2006
    Canada
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    MANCINIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII! 1-0!

Rinaudo sent off for Palermo; probably a harsh red card. Less than a minute later, a quickly taken corner, and Mancini heads it in.

8. Canadian Azzurri

Nov 14, 2006
    Canada
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Aquilani on, Perrotta off.

9. Canadian Azzurri

Nov 14, 2006
    Canada
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Vucinc on for Totti.

10. Canadian Azzurri

Nov 14, 2006
    Canada
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Cicinho for Mancini.

NOTE: Aquilani with the captain's armband.

11. mexifrida

mexifrida Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    A deserved win, although palermo did put up a fight in the last few minutes.

12. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Roma was the only team on the pitch in the first half. Seemed to completely dominate possession, and therefore dictate the tempo and pace of the game.
    However we don't seem to know what to do in front of the goal.

Pizarro was immense, especially in the first half ... easily Roma's most important player

Totti was a disappointment tonight, seemed to not really be into it.

Cassetti deserves to be a starter and to be on the national team. Oddo sucks this season and seems to have a given spot that should go to Cassetti.

Mancini really irked me tonight. Completely useless half the time, can't be bothered to run after the opponent. Especially after his good performance this week. Stupid bum needs to learn you can't average one good game a season.

Ferrari gets to much abuse from Roma fans, he's solid when ever he's called on. He owned Amauri tonight.

Spalletti has no idea what to do with Cicinho or why he purchase him.

13. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think the problem Spalletti has with Cicinho is that he can only play on the right. Like today when he came on for Mancini Taddei had to move to the left and Cicinho had to play on the right. Maybe if he was more versatile he would be utilized more.

14. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I agree with this, but we did spend 9 million on the guy. You would think someone could have looked into that before hand.

15. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    true. but Totti was praising the guy left and right like he was the best right back in the world and Rosella Sensi bought into it.

16. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I don't believe Roma thought Panucci would have the endurance to last the entire season due to his age and CL commitments. We bought Cicinho where we had Cassetti to be a back up. We really needed a LB though.

17. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I was really happy with the start of this game. Roma came out energized and dominated. Totti was inspirational as usual. He may not of been at 100% but he made some brilliant passes and was very creative. Luckily Roma scored immediately after the red card. It was a scrappy win, but Roma will take the 3 points.

18. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Good luck Palermo...

19. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Palermo look to have the game replayed or give Palermo a 3-0 win. I think it's ridiculous and they have no case. Yes, he set up the ball, but how many times have we seen players/coaches on the sidelines get the ball and return it to an appropriate location for the player to take the throw in. It's called home field advantage. It happens in every stadium. Roma boys tend to do it more frequently though ;)

20. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    This coming from the most disfunctional club in Serie A!!!!!!