MD20: Roma vs Hellas Verona (January 31st, 2021)

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Andreas, Jan 23, 2021.

1. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Imagine if we had a real 9 right now

2. Villar14

Villar14 Red Card

Dec 15, 2020
    Imagine if every team let us win week in and week out. We’d be unstoppable.

3. Villar14

Villar14 Red Card

Dec 15, 2020
    #78 Villar14, Jan 31, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2021

1356000410616672268 is not a valid tweet id

Top troll. They ask him a question about Dzeko and he responds “I’d like to say text 494059 to help the children”.

4. Villar14

Villar14 Red Card

Dec 15, 2020
    I didn’t realize before today Verona had the least goals conceded in Italy. They really are impressive.

Java65 repped this.
  5. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Excellent performance tonight.

While Verona got a very good goal and had some pressure afterwards, they never seriously threatened to push for an equaliser and we always had the result in hand after taking the lead.

A pity about Smalling's injury and Pellegrini's yellow card. If Pellegrini hadn't removed his shirt after scoring the winner against Spezia last weekend he would be free to play against Juventus.

It was also great to see Pastore listed among the subs. Him, together with Reynolds and SES, could give us a real boost in the second half of the season.

Java65 repped this.
  6. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If our defenders weren't so damn awful we'd be unstoppable

7. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Imagine if you didnt take things out of context like a retard who didnt understand whats being discussed. You wouldnt be such a f a g,.

Villar14 repped this.
  8. Villar14

Villar14 Red Card

Dec 15, 2020
    Lmfao.

9. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    exactly nothing to say. keep squirting squirtle.

10. Villar14

Villar14 Red Card

Dec 15, 2020
    [​IMG]
    Keep on waffling buddy. It's hilarious.

La Magica repped this.
  11. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Roma score 2 goals in a minute

retard take " its a tactical masterclass, I cant stop squirting"

12. Villar14

Villar14 Red Card

Dec 15, 2020
    Show me where I said it was a tactical masterclass. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

13. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Stop smoking crack

14. Villar14

Villar14 Red Card

Dec 15, 2020
    Maybe your reading comprehension isn’t up to snuff. I’ll let it slide.

15. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Dont worry it is. Destro is a young Bobo Vieri is the greatest take on this forum. Your take on what happened in todays 1st half comes in 2nd place. Paulo "Fonseca admitted Roma were helped by a ‘perfect first half’ in the 3-1 win against Hellas Verona" What I said. Verona didnt turn up in the first and we done a job on them. the end. knob.

Villar14 repped this.
  16. Villar14

Villar14 Red Card

Dec 15, 2020
    Roma defender Roger Ibañez praised his team’s preparation after their 3-1 victory against Hellas Verona this evening at the Stadio Olimpico.

The Giallorossi scored three goals within nine minutes in the first half and jumped out to 3-0 lead at the break. The capital side saw out their result in the second half and now sit third in the Serie A table.

“It was a tough game, but we managed to do well after we had a really good week of preparation,” the young defender said to Roma TV.

”We studied this hard week to try and understand how Verona attempts to create and exploit space. We did well in the first half then managed the result in the second.”

Knob.

17. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    We scored 2 goals in 10 mins, 3 in 10. General play was even but Roma took advantage of their mistakes and seen out the win with a pro job in the 2nd half. Solid fair take on the game I would say.

Squirtle -hilarious take

how so

well, you see it was x by c squared over the square root of 46 + (kicking the ball to them). It was a tactical masterclass. Im a fence sitter and afraid to admit I am a Fonseca fanboy even though I entered this forum with a picture of his record and get offended when anyone brings up his record against the top teams.

knob.

18. Villar14

Villar14 Red Card

Dec 15, 2020
    Lmfao. There you go again just spewing nonsense. I don't know how many times I have to repeat myself but here we go.

1. I literally could give 2 fcuks if Fonseca is fired. As long as we find a better solution.
    2. I'd say given the shit roster we have, he has us punching above our weight. No?
    3. Verona have beaten Lazio, Atalanta, and Napoli this year, and taken points off of Juventus and Milan and us. They are a great side and to just brush this win off as nothing is truly laughable. But you've already committed to the Fonseca out take and I see you are willing to die on that hill. Either way, it looks like he's a dead man walking so it won't matter either way. I hope we can manage to secure the pipe dream Gasperini or Allegri. Hell I'd even take Juric, but I don't think our fans would approve of that.

19. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I assume you mean that as a joke, Pastore is dog shit and a waste of space.

Huge plus for us that Pelleshit is not playing next week. Maybe this time, not every single corner and free kick will be wasted.

P.S what's with the guy spamming the forum?

20. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For me, this is what really matters. I'm a "results" guy and Fonseca has gotten results. Given our roster and how completely shit our CB and GK situation is 3 place half way through the season is amazing. Before the season I fully expected us to battle for a EL spot... and I mean battle.

If Fonseca get us into the CL that will be a truly miraculous job and I wouldn't trade him for any coach. I'm not sure any of the coaches you mentioned above would have this team in a CL spot right now.

Indian_Gladiator, Haakon24 and Bizubani repped this.
  21. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I agree with how well Fonseca is doing - the football we play is also very entrataining - but I also think we have an excellent squad.

22. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    1. You're a fence sitter. You like to poke fun at those that commit with an opinion but never stick to one yourself. Slippery. You were very close to getting on your knees for Fonseca but quickly held back after the Inter and Lazio games. If Roma didnt have that little meltdown you'd still have that gay avatar wouldnt you. Now its, I dont care who coaches because hes been vulnerable.

2.Run through the starting 11. All good players. We have a weak squad depth but the starting payers are good players. I expect them to be beating the teams we have been. Why not? Some want to paint a picture that they're a relegation or at best a midtable team but thats not the case. I expect this team to be punching around top 4-5 so we're at best a few points currently overachieving? I do like the consistently against small sides and thats to his credit as its a system that gets goals. We also have benefited from a mostly consistent starting 11 with few if any major injuries as the season started. Every week its close to the same 11 and thats big for a team perspective. Overachieving to me would be considered this team scalping points of big sides and showing up with heart.

3. It was a big 3 points but you're the one that turned this into something more than it needed to be. That wasnt the Verona that beat the big sides. Stop trying to make the win into something more than it was. (your first half analysis) At the 20 min mark a goal didnt look like it was coming. We got a header that went through a body of players, the defender misses it on the line and then it goes through the goalkeeper somehow going in. A minute later we took advantage of them being poorly out of position. A few mins later a rebound from a corner. It wasnt some fine tactical display that got us the goals. It is what it is. Clinical. Take it. Move on. I was more impressed with the second half than the first in terms of shutting down the game. If you want to take anything from the game its that where you should be focusing on as thats been a huge weakness. You think because I'm calling the game as it is without getting all excited over a fortunate 3-0 lead is me hating on Fonseca but its nothing more than what Fonseca said himself after the game. The game feel into Romas lap. Onto the next one.

23. Villar14

Villar14 Red Card

Dec 15, 2020
    I said before those games I wasn’t married to Fonseca in anyway, just that it would be stupid to sack him without a clear upgrade as a replacement. Quit twisting it to fit your fence sitter narrative. And as far as the avatar, it was a funny picture I found on twitter. I change my avatars all the time. Get over it.

24. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
  25. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have to disagree strongly with this. As I said prior to the season our GKs and CBs are abysmal. Sadly the most consistent CB this season has probably been Cristante. Now that Smalling is down now is the time to see Fazio again, IMO. He's much more suited to playing in this back-3 and gives us a reliable veteran if Smalling doesn't improve.

If we don't see much more consistent play from Ibanez, Kumbulla and Mancini they will really need to consider an overhaul at that position over the summer.