MD2: Roma vs Cremonese (August 22nd, 2022)

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Andreas, Aug 14, 2022.

1. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    With ZANIOLO out, we can try midfield of Matic-Cristante.
    We can try and play for 1 - 0 again vs Juventus.

2. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Can’t wait for the ISIS cup next week.

Aside from the result, the game within the game; who plays the more terrorist style

3. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Mancini looked good for once. Can we play 3-4-1-2 with Abraham-Belotti-Dybala?

4. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    I'd love to see that.

5. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    We've played weak opposition so anything less than full pts would have been a major disappointment. Cant say I'm overly pleased with how much ball our weak opponents (especially today) have enjoyed. Cremonese could easily have come away with a draw today.

Salernitana, however, never really looked like scoring. It's also true to say, that in both games we created enough chances to score 3 or 4 goals and run out easy winners.

All in all, have to be happy with our 6pts outta 6 though.

wm72, Oban14 and shiboboo repped this.
  6. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    This is it, we can see the side can make good chances very easily from nothing. A big difference to last year but they still need time to find the best shape on the pitch. Dybala is finding his role and at times looks so good in between the lines. The duo in midfield will take work and it does leave the side a little bit vulnerable as teams can play possession here. I seen 5 or 6 times Cristante lose the possession a top cm would not have done. Those turnovers really affect build up. We know what he brings in other aspects of the game and why he gets game time but that really hurts the team and over a season it will cost goals both ways on the pitch. If you were going to pin point a weakness yesterday it starts in the centre and specifically with him. Yesterday did show clearly why they should not be chopping and changing formations yet.

I\ am happy to see SES back in the attacking role as he offers a lot. Its taken him these 12-18 months to get sharp again but he looks like everything is on fire from touch to link up. Smalling was massive again. he is a magnet to these crosses.

decola and Midfield General repped this.
  7. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    @Nainggolan

Lol apologies. You were right

Nainggolan repped this.
  8. Nainggolan

Nainggolan Member+

Jun 4, 2021
    I’m always right.