MD1: Roma vs Fiorentina (August 22nd, 2021)

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Andreas, Aug 15, 2021.

1. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The local TV channel commentator mentioned yesterday that we're actually the 5th most active club in the market in terms of total transfer spend this season, in the whole of Europe. I know that's not something to brag about as it also indicates that we're needing lots of changes, but at the same time at least the new owners aren't passive or meak about it.

They seem to want to make a good first impression in their first full season.

2. Ameijoas

Ameijoas Red Card

Angola
    Jul 13, 2021
    Thank goodness.

New coach makes new changes to present new team and new system. That's a good thing too.

3. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Yes, 3rd highest net spend in Europe so far:

IMG_8644.jpg

4. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    I hope we are going to be nr 1 at the end lol

5. HeadBurn3r

HeadBurn3r Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Novi Pazar
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
  6. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I liked some individual performances but as a team we were not good enough. We played against 10 men since the 17th minute yet we were never in control and Fiorentina kept getting into dangerous areas time after time.

There are still things to figure out tactically. Zaniolo and Pellegrini didn’t fit well together. Veretout didn’t find any space to attack until Zaniolo got sent off, which actually helped the team play better. Vina and Karsdorp got burned multiple times.

Abraham, Eldor, Mkhi, Cristante, Ibanez and Patricio were all very good. The response to the equaliser was great, only then did we take control of the match.

Its still very early and I’d like to see how the team does over the next 5-10 games to have a better view of where we are, but its clear that we are starting from 0.

wm72, Andreas, giallorosso86 and 4 others repped this.
  7. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    It is going to be a pleasure to not have to watch so many turn overs and quick counters against us. There were issues but its clear to see already the balance in tactics makes Roma solid on the pitch again. Yes that might mean play is not as pretty at times as Roma force things with more direct play but entering into games against tough teams, we can now fight again. Thats already a pretty good 0 to be starting from.

Henchag, Haakon24, Andreas and 1 other person repped this.