MD 37: Torino v Roma

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Java65, Jul 29, 2020.

1. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will be nice not having to play the extra EL matches next season.

Hope we build for the 3-4-3 this summer. Really only one or two players away from making that work well. Where as with the 4-2-3-1, we probably need 4-5 new starters.

2. Nabolidaboli

Nabolidaboli Member

Sep 7, 2018
    Kolorav appears to be awful in a back three and it seems telling that Fazio cant even get a minute. Looks like Roma needs at least one center back in this window and to get some dead weight out of the capital.

I.hope they send Zappacosta back to chelsea. Not specifically because of today, but he appears to be the biggest cuck on a side that includes: Kalinic, Spinnazolla, Pellegrini, Christante, Juan Jesus, Pastore, Under, etc. Not good

3. Majstor Cevapa

May 1, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    This off season seems like the start of a football manager game where you sell half a team.

Santon, Jesus, Fazio, Cristante, Pastore, Coric, Florenzi, Perotti, Olsen, Schick. Out of those names, only Cristante has featured at all lately.

Kluivert & Under are also on that list, but I feel like Kluivert has a lot of potential. I’d also bring Karsdorp back for Zappacosta. He was a let down in a back 4, but I think his attacking would standout in the back 5.

4. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Kolarov was outstanding in the last 2 games, he made a case for himself that he’s not just a back up un the new system. We still need a new defender though.

5. nguoiaoden

nguoiaoden Member

Feb 3, 2015
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The two players that I feel uneasy about are Pau Lopez and Mancini. Their personal mistake will probably bring opportunities for Sevilla.

Cetin!

6. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Cetin is going to Verona on loan once we are done with EL.

7. mancini30

mancini30 Member+

Jul 20, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Alex Berenguer is a baller, hight soccer IQ, so impressed.

8. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Is Mirante not capable of been #1 ? He seems better then Lopez and that loser Olsen...

I guess to do with his age ?

9. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Pau has been in a below average run of form since he started to grow hair. But he’s still better than Mirante.

10. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I wouldn’t get my hopes up. Fonseca just said he still prefers 4-2-3-1, but that he’s adapting to his players. They might center the mercato around building the coaches preferred formation.

11. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    uhhh.. not so sure about that, Mirante has been very good every time he's been called on. That said he's 37 and we can't really count on him as a starter.

12. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Exactly, he’s 37. You start him every game instead of once every 2 months and he’ll end up looking like De Sanctis after his first season.

Shen-O and shiboboo repped this.
  13. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watching the game yesterday I started to think Mancini might be better as a DM than a CB. He reminds me of a poor mans David Luiz... good with the ball at his feet but questionable defending skills for a CB.

14. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    He’s not that bad for his age, certainly no David Luiz. I also like him more in midfield for now but there’s no reason he can’t grow into a fine CB.

Java65 repped this.
  15. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    1288596956416282624 is not a valid tweet id

Shen-O and shiboboo repped this.
  16. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He might grow into it but at 24 he needs to start showing it. Either way, he's more than good enough to be a DM or a CB in a back 3.

17. Indian_Gladiator

Sep 4, 2014
    Kolkata
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    His half body. Weird offside rules.

18. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Sarri just said Juventus might field the U23 team vs Roma in the final game of the season. I love this game.

19. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    This keeps coming up. Rewatch the last few games he played their. It was rough. He can fill in but if you want a team that can go and win games playing good football, then hes not good enough on the ball in midfield. Hes good for a defender but it's a world of difference to a good midfielder. Most defenders aren't reaching their peak to late 20s. He just need experience. He will be a mainstay of the national side for years to come. Hopefully we can keep him and build with him

Shen-O repped this.
  20. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    And this is the time you snap up good signings on the cheap. We seen what he could do in a very good Bologna system last year. Talent doesn't evaporate, confidence does. He could do with losing the gay bun though.

21. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have to disagree about him being good on the ball, I think he's pretty good on the ball. I think he needs to learn to move the ball much quicker but I think he has the tools.

Again, at 24 he's not that young he needs to start showing better defensive awareness. Don't misunderstand me he's not bad, but his positioning is really not good and he's somewhat clumsy in tackling at times.

Again, I'm in no way writing him off as a CB because he has the tools it's just a matter of him working on the defensive side of his game.

nguoiaoden repped this.
  22. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Theres levels to the positions on the pitch. He can fill in temporarily which is a good thing but to play in a system like Fonseca? Roma would struggle badly as the season wears on. In the few games he did play, initially a great success but as the games went on you could see he couldn't pick the passes necessary, not slick enough. The clear difference being comparing a defender to a midfielder being comfortable on the ball with players all around him. Sure he could be great for Ranieiri at Sampdoria playing defensive and countering a few times a game. I want to see Roma with a working team on the pitch finally challenging. We have lots of nice pieces but they need to fit from the season kick off.

I know you're not writing him off but you're judging him to harshly. At 24 he has 4 more years of experience before he enters his peak. Thats a lot of learning to do Java. At that age, most have only had a few years starting consistently. Mistakes will happen but given his quality I expect to see them become less each year. Each year progressing because this guy is legit.

Java65 and shiboboo repped this.
  23. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    shiboboo repped this.
  24. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Adjustments.jpg

This is a good sign, he is thinking of playing Lorenzo in Jordan’s place. I think this is the best place for him, even if he needs to improve his defensive game.

Haakon24, Andreas, shiboboo and 2 others repped this.
  25. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    L'immortale repped this.