MD 34: AS Roma vs Inter

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Java65, Jul 19, 2020.

1. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    It was a messy play all round. Spina a little to confident for his own good at times around his own box. Veretout hesitating also shows how quickly things can go wrong. He was about to pass to Perotti which would have been safe and instead turns back to Spina. From that behind angle there is a case that Moses rushed him with a raised boot coming down. Spina could have played the professional foul on him and went down. He may have gotten a free kick out of it. From the main angle it looks very clear though so cant really complain to much about this. It should never have been a possibility.

These are the mistakes top sides dont make but we never seem to learn.

2. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
  3. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    He’s the new scapegoat. 3rd highest assister in the league and you guys treat him like he’s Iturbe lol.

He’s not the best but this is just ridiculous, like any of those comments are controversial at all.

whill4, nguoiaoden and Java65 repped this.
  4. tmontana52

tmontana52 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Philly- the 215
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He's had 1 assist since the restart, his last assist before that was February 1st against Sassuolo...

5. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    They're not controversial. He's just doing what from a managers pov is the best thing to protect a soft boy. Some guys like Zaniolo can need a public dressing down. Its clear he has the personality to take it. Pellegrini could do with taking some of Zaniolo's ego and fire to get stuck into a challenge. His issue is he's taking up a crucial position in the team as one of the core players but plays afraid. This and the lack of consistency is a huge issue for us progressing on the pitch. I stood up for him for 2 seasons, saying he will grow with all this experience at such a young age. I just didn't see it at the time that its never going to be about lack of ability or skill with him. Its in his head.

Oban14 and shiboboo repped this.
  6. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. To judge him completely on his performance after the restart is wrong, IMO. It's the most fc'd up season imaginable then after the long break we switch to a 3-5-2-1 and complain because he's not performing. His play before the break was pretty good.

I'll admit he's playing like he's lacking confidence but lets not forget he just turned 24 last month.

nguoiaoden and Haakon24 repped this.
  7. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    :D

8. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Pallotta Dick head logic. You, are it's leader. He is a lump of lard, anyone can see it after a few minutes. But no, not you. The same person who said selling Alisson and Salah was great business....

Pallotta Dick head gold stuff.

Haakon24 and L'immortale repped this.
  9. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I said we got decent prices for them, which I stand by. Salah was not at this level at Roma and Alisson is performing how a 70 million player should. I never said selling them was a good idea.

LordNelson repped this.
  10. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    By the “comments” I’m referring to the ones salmeen posted from other Roma fans as if they were hot takes. I disagree strongly that Pellegrini is a problem in us advancing up the pitch, the only problem he is being asked to do too much. He is one of the only players on the team that can actually make something happen, along with Mkhi and Perotti (who doesn’t even play).

No disagreements that he is inconsistent and that he needs to improve, but to claim that statistically our most creative player and the 3rd most creative player in the league is some kind of lost cause is absolutely ridiculous.

“He’s got 1 assist since the restart”, it’s also only been 8 games;) Not some season killing statistic like you want to angle it. The fact that you put the date ,which makes it look worse than it really is due to the break from COVID, instead of the number of games is exactly the scapegoating I’m talking about. He went 6 games without assisting, there’s not a single midfielder in the world that doesn’t do that multiple times a season, and you present it like it’s evidence of Pellegrini being a bad player.:confused:

Pellegrini can improve a lot, but he’s one of the best players on this team. The reason he’s not being dropped isn’t because Fonseca is afraid to hurt his little soyboy feelings, it’s because he’s one of the most influential players:D

11. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    #86 La Magica, Jul 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    The quote salmeen posted above is directly from Fonseca. Unless you're referring to another post and I have my wires crossed.

https://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/ser...sente-piu-di-tutti-perche-e-romanista-1410423

I wouldnt have an issue with the inconsistency given his age if he wasnt such a pussy when challenged.
    For me its this lack of fight he displays continuously that is at the root of his issues and I dont see that being fixed at Roma. We'll call back on this conversation in a couple of years and see who was closer to the mark ;)

shiboboo and L'immortale repped this.
  12. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For me I think this is more of a product of confidence.

13. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Oh my bad. I though those 3 comments were from 3 different people, seemed like a screenshot from a fan page. I agree with your point that Fonseca can be tougher on him, but I think the reason he’s not being dropped is because we have no one fit to replace him.

Yeah I guess we’ll see, I think he’s already a nice player though. Whether he ever takes the next step is another matter.

14. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired

No Miki. Let’s see how the team ticks with LP7 in Mikis place.

15. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Cerri shoots the ball and it takes out a billboard lmfao

16. shiboboo

shiboboo Member+

Nov 13, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Looked like Lorenzo was onside. That should be 1-0.