McManaman/Figo to scandinavia?

Discussion in 'Scandinavia' started by Puskas Ljungberg, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Puskas Ljungberg

Puskas Ljungberg New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Alstorp
    There have been speculations in the past days that Luis Figo or steve McManaman, Would move to scandinavia because of their wives,that are scandinavian. And they have both been linked to Malmö FF.

There is also a Rumour that a big internationall player should be heading for Malmö, We just have to wait and see if the speculations are true.

Silly Season :)

2. savan

savan New Member

May 16, 2004
    Norway
    Allright? Even though I doubt that will ever happen...

3. mellon

mellon New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Liverpool
    Hehe, I agree with you Savan, it would be great for Swedish football, but in all fairness Figo or McManaman (whos wife is actually danish) would probably end up playing for FC Copenhagen instead, they have the finances to give these guys what they want. They would never go to Rosenborg, IFK Gothenburg or any norwegian/swedish team, I think they rather stay as close the south as possible.

Too freakin' cold in Sweden and Norway:)

4. Puskas Ljungberg

Puskas Ljungberg New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Alstorp
    To cold in Malmö? Fc copenhagen and malmö ff have the same climate, no wonder, when u can drive to Copenhagen in about 20 minutes from Malmö.
    And Financially, malmö is the richest club in sweden, although fc Copenhagen is very rich because they can let others hire their stadium for rock concert and other happenings.

but figo´s wife is swedish ;)

5. mellon

mellon New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Liverpool
    I know figo's wife is Swedish, her grand parents are from my birthplace or live their currently something like that anyway I actually meet Figo there (he was sitting outside a cafe in the old part of my hometown) a few years back, we alerted to local media, and he did some ball juggling skills for the local press, kinda fun.

6. urtel

urtel Member

Jul 16, 2003
    PDX
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Finland
    Isn't that all Allsvenskan fans' wet dream? It'd be great to see them play in Sverige, but I heavily doubt that will happen! Not even the Swedes want to play in Allsvenskan!!!

7. savan

savan New Member

May 16, 2004
    Norway
    Just some norwegians lost on the bench in some 1 division team.. :rolleyes: hehe!

8. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
  9. mellon

mellon New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Liverpool
    You are probably right, I miss qouted his wife is apparently studying in Odense, hence he is interested to move on towards scandinavia, I reckon Denmark will be his choice of play thou