MCFC v. MUFC - The Derby [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by ProfZodiac, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Gandalf The Red

Gandalf The Red BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 23, 2006
    lol if arsenal win their game in head city may have just put uniteds epl chances up the gary glitter:D

yeeeeeeeeeha

2. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Good win, well deserved. And cheers :)

What is Benjani's song by the way, you came up with that bloody quickly!!

3. Schwalker

Schwalker New Member

Apr 15, 2007
    Gelsenkirchen/Finja
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Congrats to the blue half of Machester....2-1 FT

4. leafdolfan

leafdolfan Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I'm gutted but I just wanted to thank your fans by showing such class towards the minute of silence for the Bubsy Babes

5. Lynne_mcfc

Lynne_mcfc New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    GTA, Canada
    It's a take on the song we sing for Geo, he scored the goal against Man U on his debut at COMS! So, debut match for Benjani, 1st goal for City in the next Derby, see, simple! :eek:

You know, all you trolls, we play our own game, not to help you in your league positions. This was an inspired City side, everyone played at their best and the result shows it. Fantastic, fantastic team performance. Our supporters were the 12th man, did no Man U supporters show up in the ground? The Setanta commentator said that only City's supporters were singing!

Great football display by our Blues, we're over the Blue Moon. I'm just going to take a peek at the Man U forum! :D

6. Lynne_mcfc

Lynne_mcfc New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    GTA, Canada
    MVF - was the match worth staying up for!

Where are all the Petrov bashers now? He needed a striker. His previous efforts were going unrewarded as no-one was making themselves available to him. Now he has a target, Benjani, and being a striker, he knows what's required. Something that Petrov's been missing.

Fab two goals, glad Vassell was on the score sheet again. And Benjani does a Geo, great, great, great. :D

All round fab performance by our team.

7. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Worth staying up for.

It's 3 Am in the morning and i have no bloody clue how i'm going to calm myself down enough to get to sleep.

Man. This is definately the highlight of the season.
    We played as a team, the only player i'm slightly disapointed in was Stephen Ireland ... I think he's really lost his confidence, especially with that 2 v 1 on the penalty area when he passed off. Vassell will never get a bad word from me ever again (can't promise... he is my punching bag after all) and Benjani .. Cannot praise highly enough how GREAT it is to finally have a quality striker.

8. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Might i add, That was the first Manchester City victory that i've seen live in the last four years.

So this is what you lot have been going on about :p. Just bloody fantastic

9. Lynne_mcfc

Lynne_mcfc New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    GTA, Canada

And what a match to have that happen!
    Have you had a look at the ManU match thread?

You're our lucky mascot! :D

I know what you mean about not being able to calm down to get to sleep. It was the same for me after stewarding a week night match at Maine Road. I was 'toast' the next day at work! But wouldn't have swapped it for anything.

10. CityBlues

CityBlues Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got in from the pub, what a fantastic match couldn't have hoped for a better result. We certainly had their number this year. If nothing else happens all season, I am completely satisfied with what we've accomplished. Benjani seems to be the man for the job!

11. Lynne_mcfc

Lynne_mcfc New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    GTA, Canada
    Thanks ReMad for the video clips. We can save them for 'one of our most memorable games archive'. :cool:

12. Lynne_mcfc

Lynne_mcfc New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    GTA, Canada
    CB - it's rather a 'quiet' comment from you and why come home from the pub! I'd have stayed there. It was a result that I was hoping for, and secretly thought we could do if we were 'on our game'.

Our supporters were fantastic, CBthe King, can you tell us what the atmosphere was like. We certainly heard you all load and clear. How did the celebrations go?

I hope to see Petrov and Benjani having that football understanding between them. What a sight that will be. This is what we've so badly needed in the last couple of months.

13. Lynne_mcfc

Lynne_mcfc New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    GTA, Canada
    Thanks for your post. The respect for the minute's silence is a given with real football fans. I hoped that none of the tickets had got into the wrong hands, and it seems they didn't. Great organisation and distribution.

14. CityBlues

CityBlues Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trust me Lynne when I say my insides are going !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The pub was rather quiet, just me and BravaRookie in there today, but we represented well. I am totally elated and on cloud nine completely. Had to leave the pub to go to work :-( which is where I will be for the next few hours. Celebrate this one though, history was made!

15. Lynne_mcfc

Lynne_mcfc New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    GTA, Canada
    ProfZ I nominate you our thread starter from now on! :D

16. Lynne_mcfc

Lynne_mcfc New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    GTA, Canada
    Shame you had to make an appearance at work, but at least you'll have a fixed smirk on your face all day and signing (or at least humming) Blue Moon to a captive audience.

The pub opened just for the two of you? What celebrities you are (or big spenders!). You both epitomise what a true City fan is all about.

Our season looks bright once again.

17. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    This is the greatest victory for City this season. We took all 6 points from Man Utd. The hunt for top 6 finish is back. I look forward to the Everton game next week.

18. Brava Rookie

Brava Rookie Member

Oct 4, 2005
    VA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL Lynne, the owner of the pub is actually a City supporter. He always opens early on the weekends for the football fans. Twice CB and I have gone to Kitty's for the derby and twice we've come away with 6 points. Creating a little tradition, eh?

19. thecitizen

thecitizen Member

Sep 29, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is history...this the first double derby in almost 40 years, I have to say that Sven is the right manager for us right now. Benjani is my hero. Enough said.

And what was with Vassell? He just WANTED that goal.

20. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This was a victory by every possible stretch of the imagination. Our fans are loud, classy, and can quickly get a tune ready to for Benjani. The players were in control, dominate and never intimdated by the looming mordor that is Old Trafford. It was a day when The Sun only blinded the rag's Eyes, something even Sir Alex couldn't control. The coaching was a masterstroke, Sven baited them in a way that reminds me of Italy in 06, and then hooked them on the ever sharp counter attack. We needed one victory in Febuary to put us in the driver's seat towards Europe. We got it on the most Crucial of the three. Never would I have thought on such an Emotional day filled with Heart, Passion, and Desire bellowing throughout... that all the energy would have been taken by one and only one of the two teams. That team just happened to be Our Team. Not very do I see Our Team enjoy such a luxury, but the times when City dabble with relegation, and snatch loses from the jaws of victory. All those countless times. Only make this moment, this beautiful day, ever so sweeter. To use an English Term: I'm over the (Blue) Moon. And I'm happy for all of us. As fans of City; We have all been thru the bi-polar Ups and Downs, and are stronger for it. At the end of the day... I can honestly say... To put it in perspective... We have half their size, but double their heart! Enjoy The Rest of Your Sunday! Cheers!

21. thecitizen

thecitizen Member

Sep 29, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I say cheers to that!

(Good saying, Half the size but double the heart.)

22. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I suppose you'll want me to start every game thread now, huh?

:D

23. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And I now catch up to find this.

:D

24. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The joy of living indeed, prof.

25. bostonf4lyf

bostonf4lyf Member

Mar 18, 2006
    wmass
    awesome game today guys. thanks for the help :)