MCFC v. MUFC - The Derby [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by ProfZodiac, Feb 7, 2008.

1. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cause Lynne didn't want to tempt the fates.

Feel free to post your pre-game, Lynne, but here's your placeholder title post.

2. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Re: MCFC v. Derby [R]

Might want to change the title to "MCFC VS MUFC - THE DERBY" just to not confuse people ;).

Cannot wait, always produces fireworks.

3. Lynne_mcfc

Lynne_mcfc New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    GTA, Canada

Thanks ProfZ.

Not going to give a prediction. All I'll say is that a Derby match is there for either team to win! :eek: We now have at least one striker - riches in deed.

Come on City!!!

4. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Clearly I wasn't all there.

I'll have to ask someone else to take care of that for me, this isn't one of the fora I mod.

5. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

Rooney is suspended from the match, which kinda helps.

But we have Elano and Corluka missing.

Just a massive effort needed from the boy's.

Benjani has the stage to make himself a Man City legend. Geo wrote himself into that book earlier this season.

6. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK

Fixed.

7. CityBlues

CityBlues Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that we've got the thread squared away...

In the US the match will be on Setanta at 8:30 AM Eastern. Hopefully, the pubs will open early for this one. It will be interesting to see how the drama of this match unfolds. With the Munich moment of silence etc... I really hope a few people don't ruin it for everyone. That said, its a game we can win, but we have to hit our form again.

8. Lynne_mcfc

Lynne_mcfc New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    GTA, Canada
    Setanta LIVE at 8:30am EST here too! Everyone hopes that the fans will be on their best behavior - bear in mind that some tickets will have landed in the wrong hands ie not necessarily fans of football. So if disrespect is shown, it would be wise not to instantly jump to conclusions. The police and stewards will be on the look-out for this sad element of football. :mad:

I'd like to see SGE play 4-4-2. Two strikers - who'd have thought that last week! We hadn't got one to our name! Great last minute transfers, short amount of time for Fergie to get his game plan together.

Come on you Blues

9. CityBlues

CityBlues Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am sure SGE will go with Benjani alone up front, he may be a little reluctant to go to the 4-4-2

When the hell is Michael Johnson coming back????

10. Alan D

Alan D New Member

Nov 5, 2005
    York
    Hope the minutes silence is respected. As for the game and how we've been playing recently I cant see us even picking up a draw and ill be praying to God for a decent result. Im usually optimistic but I cant see us picking up anything at all. Its the kind of game that if we win or even draw then it'll boost our confidence to the levels it was at the start of the season, but just as equally if we get thrashed and from recent poor results then it could easily end the motivation for our season.

Come on City, CTID

11. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    It's at 12:30 in the morning for us in Australia... Have to stay up all night to watch this one.

Been waiting all week for it though.
    Sturridge and Benjani up front ? Maybe Caiceda will get a sqaud placing.

Soo good to actually have a competent striker in our arsenal.

12. mintone

mintone New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Seattle
    Beat the REDS! beat them good. Us Arse fans will greatly appreciate it!

that is all. :D

13. Alan D

Alan D New Member

Nov 5, 2005
    York
    Im feeling crap about City now and Ill probably feel worse tomorrow afternoon. I hope that Onouha is back to play at RB, I dont wanna see Sun get ripped apart playing there. I'd hate to think we're going to play a very negative 4-5-1 but we've played it against the bottom clubs so no doubt we'll continue it. Lets not let this match end our season and go for the win. I trust Sven's judgement on picking the team but if we put Gelson and Hamann in the middle then I really cant see us doing anything all match, but then again we dont have many other options.

14. Lynne_mcfc

Lynne_mcfc New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    GTA, Canada
    I'm wondering the same too. Comments on mcfc web-site a few weeks back said that he'd be available to play at the end of Jan.

I hope we do go with a 4-4-2, a lone striker probably won't do much against their defence. We need to be 'up and at 'em' 110%, hassle them off the ball straight-away (Spurs have successfully been doing that in their recent matches and it's paid dividends) and give them absolutely no peace. Hope SGE gives them all some Red Bull before the match! :D

Come on City

15. gdub171

gdub171 New Member

Jul 29, 2007
    California
    So we're down Michael Johnson, Elano, and Corluka? Onuoha is a good replacement, but we've known that we don't have one for Elano and ever since MJ got injured a while back they haven't been playing with that same spark. Petrov to Benjani... seems like our only hope unless we put Richards up as the 2nd Striker!

16. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Geo should start. He's a good link between midfield and the striker.

17. CityBlues

CityBlues Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well off to the pub, lets hope for the best.

18. ReMad

ReMad Member

Feb 25, 2007
  19. Gandalf The Red

Gandalf The Red BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 23, 2006
    This is fargin beautiful dont lose please:cool:

20. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    OH MY BLOODY HELL.

I have just watched the most beautiful thing.

THe city defence have been nothing short of superb, Benjani looks like a million dollers. 2-0 to City at Halftime.

I am on bloody cloud nine at the moment. I never thought we could even challenge United .. but were up two bloody nil.

Petrov .. Just F*cking amazing.

21. ReMad

ReMad Member

Feb 25, 2007
  22. gooner4eva

gooner4eva New Member

Oct 25, 2006
    Bangor University
    this could be the week you f*ck up utd title chances, first rolling over for us and now (hopefully) beat utd. please please please dont fcuk this up.:)

23. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This could be a huge match for Hart... if he keeps United at bay in a big match like this... could mean a step closer to an England start.

24. ReMad

ReMad Member

Feb 25, 2007
  25. ReMad

ReMad Member

Feb 25, 2007