McDonald's commercial with peso sign and industrial look

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Pingudo, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Pingudo

Pingudo New Member

Nov 18, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    There is a Mexican holding up a sign with something like 7.90 pesos. Then he holds up a sign with a different amount.

On the other side of the screen is a hispanic guy eating something from the McDonalds dollar menu. He is in a hammock and surrouded by flowers and blue skies. HE motions and invites the Mexican in.

The message is that the "dollar" menu is consistent and good. The implication is that he is inviting the poor Mexican into our country to enjoy our consistent monetary system and our consumer products.

The next scene, the Mexican that just came in invites a women in who was doing the same thing with a sign. Again, this appears to be telling them to come on in, then to invite their friends and relative.

There was no need to dis Mexico's financial situation or depict Mexico as a gruesome dump.

Has anyone else seen this tv ad? It was on fx last night.

2. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Boycott McDonald's!!!!

They're trying to entice illegal immigrants into invading the good ol' US of A!!!

3. nutbar

nutbar New Member

Apr 22, 2001
    Canada
  4. luciusmagister

luciusmagister New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    7th Heaven
    I saw this report about these racist McDonald's commercials. I think it was on Faux News. Take a look.
    [youtube]_79fnYlU7F0[/youtube]

I’m loving it!
    [youtube]LaDgTkqF7rY[/youtube]

5. ONE

ONE Member

Aug 11, 2000
    NOLA
    does anyone remember the ad (for KFC maybe??), where they had a bunch of nerdy white kids sitting around a table saying nerdy things about their food, and then they pan to the only black kid who is just chowing down on his fried chicken saying nothing and the voice over says "Now THERE'S a smart kid!"