McCoist back at Rangers?

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by Burkies Ginger Mop, Nov 16, 2005.

1. LesO'lafatselik

LesO'lafatselik New Member

Jul 6, 2005
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Prso and McCoist up front. Sounds like a plan.

I keed. I keed.

2. Burkies Ginger Mop

Burkies Ginger Mop New Member

May 20, 2004
    London
    I reckon he would do fine! Did you see the cross bar challenge on Soccer AM on Saturday?

3. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Completely expected move by him. He had previously been in discussion with Livi last season about a coaching role and publically stated that he wouldn't be interested in anything like that because of his other TV roles. Quite why Rangers and their fans thought that the situation had changed is beyond me.

4. Burkies Ginger Mop

May 20, 2004
    London
    Maybe because he is a Rangers man?!?!

5. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Yeah but why quite a comfy little job and throw yourself into the mess of managing the Old Firm?

6. LesO'lafatselik

LesO'lafatselik New Member

Jul 6, 2005
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    I'm in the Netherlands so I have to go to the pub to watch Sky. I have asked, but they won't let me in at that time in the morning. :(

It's a bit disappointing that McCoist can't give up banging Sue Barker for a few minutes each week to help us out.

7. Burkies Ginger Mop

May 20, 2004
    London
    Actually probably reading between the lines it could ruin his chance of managing us one day. McLeish is going to be out at the end of the month and I guess Ally does not want to spoil his chances!

8. nach0king

nach0king Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Dallas Proper
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    McCoist will NOT get the job when McLeish goes. Don't be ridiculous.

I imagine it's due not only to his TV commitments, but also his national team duties. No doubt if he was employed by both Rangers and the SFA, there'd be accusations of foul play. Mind you, Neil McCann's already getting a game for Scotland so it's hard to see where more "old pals" controversy would come from, as we've already hit rock bottom.

9. El Steve

El Steve Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was a big fan of Ally McCoist in the FIFA '05... he and John Motson always inspired me.