McBride a finalist for Goal of the Decade

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by The Greatest, Feb 27, 2006.

1. The Greatest

The Greatest New Member

Jan 19, 2005
    Ohio
  2. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Crew: involved in 3 of the top 5 goals in the first 10 years of MLS! :)

I gotta say, it's going to have to be Woly's goal against us when he played for the Metros. A close call over DeRo's free kick against the Gals.

3. Hector & Jane

Hector & Jane New Member

May 30, 2005
    I'll go with McBride. Woly's is good, too, and the bike kicks are decent, but I would never ever vote for a free kick because it's half set up already, no matter what the swerve.

4. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm actually quite surprised that Balboa's goal against us didn't make it into the top 5.

5. NorwichBu

NorwichBu Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Columbus, OH
    Me too. That's the most impressive goal that I have ever seen live. Balboa might be a stupid twit, but that was a hell of a goal. McBride's was nothing to sneeze at, but I was more impressed with Balboa's.

6. DRWCrew

DRWCrew Member

Aug 11, 2003
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gotta agree with you all. Balboa's goal should have been on there and should have been the winner. His overhead kick was much better than Ruiz's.

7. YITBOS

YITBOS Member+

Jul 2, 2001
    1.3 hours from CCS
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Second (or maybe third or fifth) that on Balboa being a twit and his goal being excellent. It is the only goal that has ever been scored against us that I lept out of my chair cheering for -- simply impressive.

8. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The amazing thing is that if the first Crew game ever is the only Crew game you ever went to, see saw the best Crew goal ever.