May Chapter Newsletter

Discussion in 'Hartford, CT' started by wolfp10, May 2, 2010.

1. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    AO Hartford,

The past couple of months have been exciting for our chapter. Below is an update on some major happenings with our chapter…

Chapter Status

AO Hartford is now an official chapter of the American Outlaws. We will now be able to purchase unlimited member tickets to US games as a chapter, order merchandise at a discount and be allowed to use the AO trademarks on merchandise. We have also ordered our official AO Hartford banner, which will be on display during the Czech Republic game at The Rent. A picture of it can be seen on our facebook page. Special thanks to Tom Lovkay and Dorian Tanasi for designing it.

As an official chapter, AO Hartford now has 3 chapter officers…

President: Mike Lawlor

Treasurer: Shawn Simao

Membership: Tom Lovkay

Chapter email address

The Chapters new email address is aohartford@gmail.com. Please update your address books and send all inquiries to this address.

AO Hartford Pub Crawl, May 24

AO Hartford will be hosting a pub crawl for all U.S. supporters in town early for the Czech Republic match. The fun starts at 7 pm at Vaughans on Pratt Street, and will conclude at Pig’s Eye Pub on Asylum Street. Full details on each bar and drink specials can be seen on the facebook invite here. Feel free to invite anyone interested in being with U.S. supporters!

Pre-game Party, May 25

AO Hartford is planning on having a pre-game party on May 25 at Vaughans on Pratt Street before the parking lots open before the tailgate. This will not be a block party, and at this time no shuttle will be bringing fans to The Rent, so please plan accordingly. All are welcome to attend.

Tailgate, May 25

We are currently planning a tailgate before the May 25 game. Details have yet to be finalized, but please keep the tailgate in mind when planning your day on May 25.

Tickets, May 25

AO Hartford has access to a limited number of supporters tickets to the May 25 game. Please let us know ASAP if you would like to purchase these.

We look forward to seeing everyone at the end of the month!

Yours in football,

AO Hartford

2. Howie Carr

Howie Carr New Member

Dec 2, 2005
    West Hartford, CT
    ao hartford!!!!

3. Howie Carr

Howie Carr New Member

Dec 2, 2005
    West Hartford, CT
  4. worldcup76

worldcup76 Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    It's good to see we have an ACTIVE US Fan group right here in Hartford. I know all your efforts must be going towards the US game on May 25th, but is there going to be World Cup viewing parties details flowed out soon. I have a bunch of soccer friends and would love to flow out some information to them to drum up some more interest/excitement etc.

Another idea that I'm sure you have thought of already is setting up a party bus up to Foxboro for a Revolution game this year. I think we could easily fill up a bus for something like that. Any thoughts?

5. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    There will be viewing parties, expect an announcement the day of the Czech game.

As for the latter, it is something we can actively look into, even on a small scale.

6. Howie Carr

Howie Carr New Member

Dec 2, 2005
    West Hartford, CT
    Tailgate Starts at 2PM

Post game Party will be at our New AO Hartford Supporters Pub.

Damon's Tavern
    310 Prospect Avenue,
    Hartford, Connecticut 06106.
    Telephone: (860) 233-9900
    http://damonstavern.com/photos.html

For details on ALL the events AO Hartford is organizing for the US v. Czech Game (PUB CRAWL, TAILGATE and POST GAME PARTY) visit our website:

http://hartford.theamericanoutlaws.com/

Thanks

7. worldcup76

worldcup76 Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    Any rumors about some of the players making an appearance at the pub crawl? If ESPN is going to be there is would be great press to make a surprise visit.

8. Howie Carr

Howie Carr New Member

Dec 2, 2005
    West Hartford, CT
    I'm SORRY but the TAILGATE STARTS AT 4PM.

9. worldcup76

worldcup76 Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    Any specific reason why Damon's Tavern is the choice to be our official pub? What are their drink prices like over there since they don't list it on their web site? The place looks real nice though I have to admit.

10. Howie Carr

Howie Carr New Member

Dec 2, 2005
    West Hartford, CT
    Damon's Tavern is really excited to partner with AO Hartford. They are having amazing drink specials (see our site for a list) for all viewing parties. They also have more TV's than I've ever seen at a bar. AO Hartford appreciated Vaughn's location and support but as our chapter is growing daily, we were approached by Damon's to take our chapter to the next level. I hope everyone will enjoy this partnership where AO Hartford gets more of a leadership role in our viewing parties. The World Cup viewing parties will have drink specials, prizes each time the US scores to name a few exciting things. Look for our joint flyers made by Budweiser at the US v Czech game.

11. worldcup76

worldcup76 Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    Howie,

Thanks for the insight, keep it up as it all sounds so great and such a leap forward from where this market was just a year ago in terms of the fan organaization standpoint.